Most Humble Drum Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Humble Drum Groups

Who do you think is the most humble drum groups? The drum groups that rock the house, but still are down to earth people who treat other singers with equal respect. I've seen alot of drums that get successful, and forget what it was like starting out, and think they are better than everyone else.
    Here's what I think......
    1. Southern Cree- down to earth jammin' drum group
    2. Pipestone- real freindly guys, good attitude
    3. High Noon- cool as it gets

Now what do YOU think?

Gotta agree with ya on Southern Cree and Pipestone. The Southern Cree guys seem really courteous whenever I see them.

A couple of years ago I shared a story about how cool the Pipestone guys were towards my son.
    It is so sad that a family can torn apart by something as simple as a wild pack of dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeDaMan
      Who do you think is the most humble drum groups? The drum groups that rock the house, but still are down to earth people who treat other singers with equal respect. I've seen alot of drums that get successful, and forget what it was like starting out, and think they are better than everyone else.

Now what do YOU think?
      Another vote for Pipestone here - they are so friendly and not stuck up. They are jokers too.
      Another 2 here in WA state:
      Windy Point
      Nation Singers

Comment

Originally posted by ReeDaMan

Now what do YOU think?
        I like Pipestone Creek! A few years ago, I asked some of the drum group if they had any CD's for sale and they said they didn't have any more :(. So I was minding my own business and their lead singer (I forgot his name, sorry) came up to me and gave me one of their tapes, for free. I thought that was pretty cool and very nice of them/him.

Comment

Rose Hill singers have that southern hospitality going for them:)
          there's no "i" in Yakama

My Website

Comment

most humble drum

drumming beside cozad you find out larry and his drummers are humble and so helpfull to a younger drum also we cohosted with smokeytown and they are nice and seem to have a ball drumming both these drums are a great example to young drums and a honor to sit beside
            long hair

Comment

Yeah im gonna go with pipestone
              *Tha One N' Only LeSLeY*

Comment

Humble Drum Groups...

Indian Nation is a pretty cool bunch of guys. :Thumbs
                **"Father eagle will always guide and protect."**

Comment

I too have to say that Southern Cree And Pipe Stone Creek are some of the most humble guys that I know. They sure helped the starblanket boys back in the day when we didn't know anything about Pow-wow singing. I have lots of respect for these guys on both these drum groups for taking us under there wings helping us out...
                  Last edited by FRIAR; 08-16-2004, 11:57 AM. Reason: wanting to correct some mistakes

Comment

I would have to say pipestone, meskwaki nation, and youngbird. Im not sayin that they are the most or the only ones, just the ones that I have met through my travels and have shown respect to and influenced my drum in a very positive way.
                    www.myspace.com/powwowlicious

Comment

I'm glad to hear about humble drums. There has been a few representatives of drums here on the internet that have been talking shyt about other drums. It looks BAD. I hope I never had a song by any of those nameless drums.

Comment

Northern Wind Singers

Northern Wind Singers from Lake of the Woods Ontario.

Gabe Derosier and his guys are the nicest. They are very respectful and always ready to rock the house....

Comment

I don't really know of entire groups that are humble, but there are some pretty good guys who I've met that are some "down to earth guys".

One particular gentleman comes to mind. He's now passed away and he sang with Red Bull, Mosquito Singers and other groups. We never crossed paths very much, but when we did, we always had a good visit. He shared songs with me that he had made and always offered me a drink of coffee or pop. He sang songs into my recorder that he wanted me to have. A good guy. A good friend.

Art Moosiman is missed by many people.

Comment

I dance mainly in the southeast and Cozads were the only ones to announce that their drum was "closed" to other singers. Too bad, some of their cousins were in the crowd and didn't go over and talk to them after that.

Comment

Damn them guys.........lol

ya know whenever a drum group contracts with powwow committees, they contract for that group, not necessarily a pickup group..

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.