AICA/Union Grove, NC Powwow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AICA/Union Grove, NC Powwow

Hey there, anyone have any information on this powwow, like dates, times, head man/lady, drums, etc? Who all is going? See ya!
    TARHEEL BORN, TARHEEL BRED, WHEN I DIE I'LL BE TARHEEL DEAD!

MizzQaqimat's Space

Originally posted by ChenoaNativeGirl
    Hey there, anyone have any information on this powwow, like dates, times, head man/lady, drums, etc? Who all is going? See ya!

Hi Kim,
    Yes, registration starts at noon, on Friday, June 18th, with Grand Entry at 8 pm. Saturday Dance times are 1 pm, Gourd Dancing, then Grand Entry at 2:30 pm and 7 pm. Committee Camp feeds on both nights.

I think the Head Singer is to be Mel Hoflinger (sp).

I don't remember all the names of the Head Staff but you can do a search on the web for AICA Powwow, or Union Grove Powwow and get the info for 2004.

I'll be there but still not sure if i'll be camping or staying in a hotel yet.

See you there.

Tim.
    DANCING IS EVERYTHING!!!!

I love my tipi's. I'll never be homeless with them.

History is written by the winners.

Comment

Originally posted by TWDBear
      I think the Head Singer is to be Mel Hoflinger (sp).
      :rofl2:
      His last name is Hoefling..... we call him Ho-flinger as a nickname. :Blush
      "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

I saw that no one posted this powwow in the calendar section, so I went ahead and did it. I just used the info from www.aicaofnc.com Im excitied for this one! Hope to see everyone there again! :hey!: :Chatter
        At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them. . .

Comment

Aww, Tim, can't wait to see ya there! My mom and dad might be there too, and my mom says "hey!" lol. Clay will probably be there too. Is your son going to be dancing? Wear sunscreen if you go to the pool!! lol. Laterz, can't wait to see ya!

MizzQaqimat's Space

Comment

I'll be there, but don't think Kelli will be making the trip. She'll be about 38 weeks along at that point!
            New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

i cant wait to go to AICA..... but do you know who all is competing in the princess competion?
              Why we dance.........
              we dance to pray, we pray to heal, we heal to live, we live to dance!

Comment

Originally posted by FancyPhoto
                i cant wait to go to AICA..... but do you know who all is competing in the princess competion?
                I haven't heard anything, but I know I won't be, lol. Getting married in August, so can't have any more titles. I know if Becca K. goes, she might go for it, at least I hope she does. She just retired the umm...MIEG title. Lataz

MizzQaqimat's Space

Comment

What was the name of the girl who competed last year, she wore a black and yellow jingle dress and she only danced the competition portion. She sat with the drum friday night. . . Well anyways I thought she was really good, is she competing this year?
                  At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them. . .

Comment

That's Alicia. I don't know if she'll be there or not. Can't wait to see Cypress Creek though, lol. Anywayz...gotta watch Montel. Latah!

MizzQaqimat's Space

Comment

Originally posted by ChickasawDiva
                      Aww, Tim, can't wait to see ya there! My mom and dad might be there too, and my mom says "hey!" lol. Clay will probably be there too. Is your son going to be dancing? Wear sunscreen if you go to the pool!! lol. Laterz, can't wait to see ya!

Hey Kim,
                      Just 3 more days.
                      We plan on coming over early Sat. a.m. in time for the Gourd Dancing.
                      Lewis will be there (with bells on) as will my latest lady love.

I'm not sure if i'll be swimming at that pool anymore.... the last time there, i almost got drowned because everyone kept pushing me back into the pool and yelling...."SAVE THE BEACHED WHALES!!!!". ;-D

lol..
                      so what's this i hear about you getting married soon? Who's the guy? Has he been approved by all of your aunts, uncles, etc???? Does he dance?

Tim.
                      DANCING IS EVERYTHING!!!!

I love my tipi's. I'll never be homeless with them.

History is written by the winners.

Comment

Originally posted by TWDBear
                        Hey Kim,
                        Just 3 more days.
                        We plan on coming over early Sat. a.m. in time for the Gourd Dancing.
                        Lewis will be there (with bells on) as will my latest lady love.

I'm not sure if i'll be swimming at that pool anymore.... the last time there, i almost got drowned because everyone kept pushing me back into the pool and yelling...."SAVE THE BEACHED WHALES!!!!". ;-D

lol..
                        so what's this i hear about you getting married soon? Who's the guy? Has he been approved by all of your aunts, uncles, etc???? Does he dance?

Tim.
                        LMAO you're so crazy! Yeah, gettin married in August. You've met him before, a while back at a powwow in Cherokee, when Tabitha and your son were there. Of course he's approved, lol. He's the Eskimo remember? well he's 1/2 Inuit 1/2 Mi'kmaq but you know. He used to dance grass but not much time because of the USMC. But, hopefully he'll be getting out in September. There's been some talk of them keeping him in, and sending him to Iraq in September for 9 months, so until June 2005. But we're thinking positively. Anyway, we're hoping to drive up to Union Grove Saturday AM as well. Well, g2g for now, see ya there and drive safely!! And that goes for everyone! Its better to get there late than not at all! And remember, its Click it or Ticket in NC! lol Bye

Kim

MizzQaqimat's Space

Comment

wish i could go...... tell us how it is and tell everyone there hi for me

Comment

well turns out I can't go. something important came up with my family and I have to be there. Oh well, always next year, lol. Take care y'all

MizzQaqimat's Space

Comment

Wow! that weekend went by fast. Eveything turned out pretty good this year, except for the storm on saturday that took out everyones campsites. (But it was still nice to get a little rain in that hott weather!) Congrats to Lindsay! Your an awesome dancer and you obviously showed that this weekend!!! :clap: :clap: Wha hoo cant wait till next year!!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X