• 2004 Shoshone-Bannock Festival

All dancers, singers and public invited to the
    2004 Shoshone-Bannock Festival/Pow-wow
    August 12 - 15, 2004
    Fort Hall, Idaho

Host Drum: Pipestone from LCO, Wisconsin
    MC: Lionel Boyer and Hammond Motah
    Arena Directors: Todd Tendoy and Sonny Dixey
    Last edited by 2004ShoBanFestival; 07-15-2004, 07:28 PM. Reason: Add additional information

Originally posted by 2004ShoBanFestival
    All dancers, singers and public invited to the
    2004 Shoshone-Bannock Festival
    August 12 - 15, 2004
    Fort Hall, Idaho
    __

What?

Shoshones have a festival for making bannock? I thought bannock was a Canadian thing, eh?

L

j/k
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

2004 Sho-Ban Festival

Hahaha... Funny... Anyways...

Dance Contest Prize Money:
      Adults - $1000/$700/$500/$300
      Categories:
      Men - Trad., Fancy, Grass, Warbonnet/Buckskin Division, Open Old Style Round Bustle and Senior Mens
      Womens - Trad., Fancy, Jingle and Senior Womens

Teens: $350/$250/$150/$100
      Boys - Trad., Fancy and Grass
      Girls - Trad., Fancy and Grass

Jrs: $150/$100/$75/$50
      Boys - Trad., Fancy and Grass
      Girls - Trad., Fancy and Jingle

Tiny Tots will be paid nightly

Specials: Jr. Girls Trad., Teen Girls Fancy, Mens Fancy, Womens Fancy, Senior Women's and memorial honorings.

Singing Contest
      $6000/$4500/$3500/$3000/$2000
      + five consolation prizes will be awarded

Day pay for non contest drums

Women's back up singing special.

Grand Entries:
      Friday @ 7 and Sat. and Sun. @ 1 and 7

Opens on Friday at 3:00 PM and closes at 7:00 PM on Saturday for dance and singing.

Comment

Additional info...

Singers bring your own chairs; PA system provided

On Thursday, Aug. 12, 2004 is children's day.
        Possible dance competition and there will be a parade at 10:00 AM. More information will be posted at a later date when everything has been finalized.

Also, there will be a parade on Saturday starting around 10:00 AM.

Comment

Wow....that'd be kool...

I wish I could go, maybe one of these days. Thats always been one of my favorite PW's...

Check out my Story...

This is what happend the last time I tried heading on over there back in 00'...
          Last edited by Dat1NdnGuy; 07-16-2004, 10:39 PM.
          "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."

Comment

Looks goot.....real goot!!
            "I'd rather be @ a POW-WOW!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dat1NdnGuy
              I wish I could go, maybe one of these days. Thats always been one of my favorite PW's...

Check out my Story...

This is what happend the last time I tried heading on over there back in 99'...
              Awww, that's so sad, I'll send you prayers. You sound like you have recovering well and you are blessed with a loving caring family.
              Prayers for you and your family

Comment

Check out my Story...

This is what happend the last time I tried heading on over there back in 00'...
                OMG! Are you Alex?
                I was talking to Linda Marra back when this happened. I was living in Portland (some of my family are from Butte, too). She told me you were in the hospital, asked if I knew 'of you'. I knew 'of you' but didn't know you. She said you could really use some cheering up and told me I could send a card to you at the hospital. I'm not sure you ever got it, but I want you to know I was sure praying hard for you; as were the friends I told about your accident. I always wondered what had happened to you, In fact, I was looking at Ben's book just the other day. God bless you Alex!

Danalee
                "The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of Seattle
                  OMG! Are you Alex?
                  I was talking to Linda Marra back when this happened. I was living in Portland (some of my family are from Butte, too). She told me you were in the hospital, asked if I knew 'of you'. I knew 'of you' but didn't know you. She said you could really use some cheering up and told me I could send a card to you at the hospital. I'm not sure you ever got it, but I want you to know I was sure praying hard for you; as were the friends I told about your accident. I always wondered what had happened to you, In fact, I was looking at Ben's book just the other day. God bless you Alex!

Danalee

lol...yeah thats me. I'm sure I got the card around here someplace...It was sorta overwhelming, I got a TON of mail literally, including flowers and such. My family got a lot of mail too. that was just ONE of the stories that i've been able to find. I know of a few that were written. But yeah Ben and Linda are good friends. I just cant seem to get away from that pic either......it was taken when I was 12, and most folks recognize me from that more then anything. i've been in 2 books some calendars, and a bunch of other things...including the Poster for a PW in Oneida Wisc. but Yes...things are going well. i'm in school, and working towards all my goals that I set B4 my accident...thanks for the prayers and good words...I appreciate it a great deal..

I seriously think that ANYONE who gets the chance, Ya should check out this PW!...its kickazz!...I've always enjoyed myself there!...so GO and have some fun!...
                  "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."

Comment

Iam so ther! made my room reservation at amer-tel

Comment

lol...yeah thats me. I'm sure I got the card around here someplace...It was sorta overwhelming, I got a TON of mail literally, including flowers and such. My family got a lot of mail too. that was just ONE of the stories that i've been able to find. I know of a few that were written. But yeah Ben and Linda are good friends. I just cant seem to get away from that pic either......it was taken when I was 12, and most folks recognize me from that more then anything. i've been in 2 books some calendars, and a bunch of other things...including the Poster for a PW in Oneida Wisc. but Yes...things are going well. i'm in school, and working towards all my goals that I set B4 my accident...thanks for the prayers and good words...I appreciate it a great deal..

I seriously think that ANYONE who gets the chance, Ya should check out this PW!...its kickazz!...I've always enjoyed myself there!...so GO and have some fun!...
                      forever young, eh? You sure don't look twelve anymore! Hola! Anyway, I didn't expect you to remember or go lookin for that card I just wanted you to know how relieved I was to find you rebuilding your life and learning to cope with the challenges left from your accident. They are a great couple (Ben and Linda). If I ever get up your way and see you at a pow-wow I'll say "hey!". Take care.

Danalee
                      "The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota

Comment

The Last Time

Yeah the last time I was there was back in '94. Went there to play softball and dance. Then aweek later we head up to Crow fair fro the same, dancing and softball.
                        "I Ahula Ula"
                        Enjoying the ride.
                        BETA SIGMA EPSILON

Comment

I'll be at this one for sure... only 2and half hrs away... hope to sing there too... hope everyone hasa great time at this one... peace..
                          "Remember where you've been and know where your going or else your lost."

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X