Pow Wow Urban Legends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pow Wow Urban Legends

WhoMe’s thread on the 365 jingle cones got me to thinking about other pow wow “urban legends”. Some of the following are factual…others???

Did you ever hear about the pow wow in Indiana that was busted by the Fish and Wildlife Department and everyone was fined $2,000 for their feathers (even the Indians with their Eagle Feather Permits)?

Did you hear about the pow wow down in Florida where they spread a man’s ashes in the dance arena?

Do you remember the fancy dancer who put razor blades in his whip sticks and would cut up fellow contestant’s bustles during a contest?

Did you hear about the pow wow in Navajoland where they actually paid the prize money?

Do you remember the men’s traditional dancer who used over 150 black and whites in his bustle?

Did you hear about the guy who beaded his entire outfit in thread he got from a dentist for free only later to find out it was the kind that disintegrates in the mouth after a few days? Well, he was out dancing and a very light drizzle came up and all his threads disintegrated before everyone’s eyes and he was left standing there beadless wearing only canvas…
    I think everyone on this rez is addicted to Harry Potter...lol...

Great thread....let's hear some more....
    Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

LOL-'urban' legends!
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Did you hear about the traditional dancer that used 10 eagles to make his outfit?

Did you hear abou the judge that acutally pulled out due to a relative being in the contest?
        It is so sad that a family can torn apart by something as simple as a wild pack of dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by kneegrow_native
          Did you hear abou the judge that acutally pulled out due to a relative being in the contest?
          That was me and it's a true story, nai! :Chatter

Comment

o no

what about when the fam got back from a pw and developed
            their cam pics only to find out the hotel staff took pics using their toothbruses in places we can't talk about!
            e

Comment

Originally posted by Singerdad
              Did you hear about the pow wow in Navajoland where they actually paid the prize money?
              OMG!!!! :lol2: that'll be the day the sheeps will fly on the navajo rez! :50:

Good one!! :Thumbs

Comment

I remember that one time I made to the pow-wow on time with no car problems. No one believed me.
                It is so sad that a family can torn apart by something as simple as a wild pack of dogs.

Comment

Did you hear about the guy who took 14 years beading a rosette because he was using size 63 beads?

Did you hear about the gourd dancer in Florida who built a shaker more than 5 feet in length and used it during a dance?

Did you hear about that one 49 in Montana where no one went to jail?

Did you hear about the hoop dancer that uses 156 hoops?
                  I think everyone on this rez is addicted to Harry Potter...lol...

Comment

Preposterous

Ever heard about the 7'3" fancy dancer that took first all the time in the nortern states.
                    Ever hear bout the guy that was escourted off the arena because his outfit was soo close to being the original.
                    Ever heard of the fancy dancer that did a complete back flip while contesting.
                    Or the powwow that had giveaways and specials two whole days in a row in a three day powwow.
                    Maybe the one where the tradish guy had a buffalo head and hide as part of his outfit.
                    Ever heard of dancers and singers and even spectators getting feed at a powwow in the 22nd century.
                    "I Ahula Ula"
                    Enjoying the ride.
                    BETA SIGMA EPSILON

Comment

All around dancer

Ever heard the one where Kevin Costner took first in northern tradish, and Val kilmer took third in mens grass.
                      "I Ahula Ula"
                      Enjoying the ride.
                      BETA SIGMA EPSILON

Comment

Originally posted by ebt
                        what about when the fam got back from a pw and developed their cam pics only to find out the hotel staff took pics using their toothbruses in places we can't talk about!
                        YUCK.... ya know how many times Ive left my toothbrush out!?!?!?! Gross... eeeew.....

I think I'll bring 4 next time... juss throw em out after each use... :p
                        ~* Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to *~

Comment

Originally posted by Miss_Nishnab

I think I'll bring 4 next time... juss throw em out after each use... :p
                          Toothbrushes, Nish .. not gitch! haha!
                          Got percap?

Comment

Did you hear about the Grand Entry that took 3 hours?

Did you hear about the ballerina dancer turned jingle dress/fancy shawl dancer?

Did you hear about the drum group that took professional singing lessons before Schemitzun.

Comment

What about the drum that came with money instead of depending on winnings??
                              Got percap?

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X