Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Opening!

Hey everyone!
    I am just trying to get the word out! The GRAND OPENING for the Smithsonian’s National Museum of the American Indian is going to be at the National Mall in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday, September 21, 2004.
    For more information, you can check out the website:
    http://www.nmai.si.edu
    I had the privilege of attending the ground breaking ceremony, I am a member of the Vietnam Era Veteran's Intertribal Association color guard of the Washington Metro Chapter so I had the honor of being able to be apart of it. It was a beautiful experience! So many people, so many people from so many different nations it was AWESOME!!!!! To be there and be apart of it all, words can't describe the feelings I had. The webpage says if you are interested participating, please contact NCAI's Jamie Gomez at 202-466-7767. If you can make it please attend, let's show the world what NATIVE PRIDE is all ABOUT!!!
    SEMPER FI!
    Last edited by Indigenous97; 08-16-2004, 09:24 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom"
    ---------------------------------------
    <Semper Fi!>

thats the NCAI social dance right? everyones gonna be there I am atleast. Its gonna be great you can also go to www.NCAI.org

Comment

It's too bad the folks @ the Smithsonian never paid the original architect his fees for the building (D.J. Cardinal).. it's sad when an Indian feels like he has been ripped off by an such a large and honoured institution like the Smithsonian...for Mr. Cardinals story.. his story....http://www.djcarchitect.com/NMAIStory/NMAIframe.htm
      "The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

Comment

Im gonna be there at the kennedy center the weekend before, cant staty though.......that sux
        Mens inhumanity to each other is surpassed ONLY by what women do to each other.
        <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
        Quote: "I blame it on my youngnessness..." BTH
        DEATH TO ALL LURKERS!!!! ME

Comment

Originally posted by Little Man's Ma
          It's too bad the folks @ the Smithsonian never paid the original architect his fees for the building (D.J. Cardinal).. it's sad when an Indian feels like he has been ripped off by an such a large and honoured institution like the Smithsonian...for Mr. Cardinals story.. his story....http://www.djcarchitect.com/NMAIStory/NMAIframe.htm
          Thanks for that link, I was reading parts of it but it's pretty extensive. I'll read more again later. I used to work at NMAI in Bronx, NY. We heard that they let Mr. Cardinal go and I can't remember why he left, some type of disagreement, but I felt bad for Mr. Cardinal and thought that they should have tried harder to work with him. I do agree that it is disgraceful what they did to him and I hope that he will be compensated in some way.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.