Ramah Navajo Fair Powwow at Pine Hill, NM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramah Navajo Fair Powwow at Pine Hill, NM

NOTE: Another low-budget powwow stemming off of the Navajo Navajo Fair curcuit.
    See details in the powwow listings.

12th Annual Ramah Navajo Fair Powwow
    September 4, 2004
    Ramah Fair Grounds
    Pine Hill, NM

OMG!!! lol... low budget!!!! :rofl2::rofl2:

Comment

Originally posted by Burberrilish
      OMG!!! lol... low budget!!!! :rofl2::rofl2:
      That's all I hear ... we have only $10.00 for this and that.

Comment

This particular powwow has NEVER taken off. It's almost as bad as the Eastern Navajo Fair Powwow. I've been to this Ramah deal.....get there early on Saturday, or you'll sit in traffic while that excuse for a parade goes by!! GAH!!!

You'll have to park outside the chainlink fence, and then deal with the ULTRA FINE DUST in the arbor....ya know.....when yer not pickin' burrs from yer socks or swattin' mosquitos!!
        "This next song goes out to some girls in dot com. They don't know who they are, but, it doesn't really matter anyway."

"When the God's wish to punish us, they grant our prayers."

O. Wilde

Comment

gawwwww atleast they try!!! LMAO... omg! excuse for a parade! you should be in there parade!!! :man: sittin on top of a vehicle with your pendletons all draped on the side waving diligently like miss navajo! :rofl2::rofl2: :p JK

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bo Jangles
            This particular powwow has NEVER taken off. It's almost as bad as the Eastern Navajo Fair Powwow. I've been to this Ramah deal.....get there early on Saturday, or you'll sit in traffic while that excuse for a parade goes by!! GAH!!!

You'll have to park outside the chainlink fence, and then deal with the ULTRA FINE DUST in the arbor....ya know.....when yer not pickin' burrs from yer socks or swattin' mosquitos!!
            Dang ... now I seriously have second thoughts on this one! I know Mr. Bo is gonna be at Totah.

Comment

Originally posted by Burberrilish
              gawwwww atleast they try!!! LMAO... omg! excuse for a parade! you should be in there parade!!! :man: sittin on top of a vehicle with your pendletons all draped on the side waving diligently like miss navajo! :rofl2::rofl2: :p JK
              Yeah and wear that hot pink satin shirt!

Comment

Yea i thought about going but as soon as Bo wrote dust -FORGET IT! *L naww i was going but seeing as i am still sick nooo thank you.

So instead we're driving to Pagosa Springs, CO for a cross country meet. Have fun!
                ~* Im so sin-seriuos *~Impossible is NOT a fact, its an oppinion ... Rumble young girl RUMBLE!*~--

Comment

I not going to this one either ... just a public service deal that the event be advertised. I'm going to the Black Creek Gourd Society Gourd Dance at Ft. Defiance Saturday and Sunday.

Comment

Well everyone in the area head over to St. Micheals on monday!! The St. micheals clinic is having a funraising 1mile fun run and 5k run for the cross country team.... *L get a t-shirt! (since u mentioned advertising techno)*L
                    ~* Im so sin-seriuos *~Impossible is NOT a fact, its an oppinion ... Rumble young girl RUMBLE!*~--

Comment

I went to a heavy metal festival at Salt River a couple of weekends ago and I came home with 5 black t-shirts and a whole bunch of stickers and demo CDs from the native bands that moshed up the community building. Maybe I can wear one of the black t-shirts in the hot weather and sweat up a storm!

Comment

is it that one ummm running thingy ...where they go all over the rez and run in different places..and if you join to run.. they give you a free shirt LOL.. i forget what its called.... JUst do it or something like that ...i dunno... :Help: LOL... :dontknow:

Comment

nooo... this is just a one shot deal... for the schools cross country team,

but there is the "Just move it thing" it ended last month i think. Kinda like a diabetes prevention. Never made it to one of those , no matter how many time i said i would *L.

Yea come on techno.. im running the mile.. i woulda done the 5k but im SICK *L... yea right..try lazy. but its going to the runners.. help the kids run! LMAO....

Comment

YEAAAHHHH!!!! JUST MOVE IT!!! that thing!! Ohhh it ended last month! LOL.. i know.. my niece was all trynna get me to run with her one day we went back to the rez for a day....but i didn't! LOL.. wasn't prepared! LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by kamikaze_yazzie
                              nooo... this is just a one shot deal... for the schools cross country team,

but there is the "Just move it thing" it ended last month i think. Kinda like a diabetes prevention. Never made it to one of those , no matter how many time i said i would *L.

Yea come on techno.. im running the mile.. i woulda done the 5k but im SICK *L... yea right..try lazy. but its going to the runners.. help the kids run! LMAO....
                              Kamikaze, are you outta your mind? I'm no spring chicken like you gals~. I'll just cheer you on.

BTW, check out this article in the Arizona Republic:
                              Weekend Hopi races honor tribe's 1912 Olympic medalist

<!--BOX AD TABLE, WITH LEFT SPACER --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=1 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD align=middle width="100%">
                              </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!--/BOX AD TABLE, WITH LEFT SPACER -->
                              Sept. 2, 2004 12:00 AM

The annual Hopi races in honor of a tribal member who won an Olympic medal will be held this weekend.

Louis Tewanima won a silver medal in the 10,000-meter run in the 1912 Olympics in Stockholm, Sweden. He set a U.S. Olympic record that was not broken until the 1964 Olympics in Tokyo by Billy Mills.

All runners are welcome to join the races, which include a 10K, 5K and 1- and 2-mile fun run/walks.

The races will begin at 6:30 a.m. Sunday at the baseball field in the Village of Shungopavi (Second Mesa), which is off Arizona 264 between the Hopi Cultural Center and the Secakuku General Store.

Winners will receive medals, ribbons and traditional Hopi prizes.

Proceeds will benefit the Louis Tewanima Foundation, which perpetuates running as a part of Hopi life.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X