Columbus Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbus Day

What the hec is this day supposed to represent?
    Its outrageous From my point of view!!!
    The parades, the cruel and clueless representation of a murderer and his posse!!! The most ridiculous and silly day that could ever exist, considering we all know this country is now called "America".
    :taunting:

Originally posted by coastalndngirl
    What the hec is this day supposed to represent?
    Its outrageous From my point of view!!!
    The parades, the cruel and clueless representation of a murderer and his posse!!! The most ridiculous and silly day that could ever exist, considering we all know this country is now called "America".
    :taunting:
    __

I totally agree with you CIgirl:

This is one of those age old celebrations that has slipped through the cracks and is still celebrated by the majority of Americans.

"Columbus Day = Federal Holiday = Non Acknowledgement that Columbus DIDN'T Discover America by the United States Government!"

Some tribal governments call this holiday something else other than Columbus Day - and give their tribal employees the day off.
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

For those of you with the day off today...have a happy white guy got lost day!!

Did you ever ask your teachers in school how you "discover" a new land when there are already people there??

Comment

I like to refer to this as "Invasion Day" or we can call it "A-Day" for america day. This is what happens when our border patrol took a day off, look at the refugees that showed up on our doorstep. Well, we helped them out, gave them some food and they decided to stay and never went back home. They brought death and diesese, but thats OK, we gave them tabbaco. Let everyone know that your celebrating Invasion day, carry a helmet and binoculers and tell them your waiting for the next wave. Have fun out there.

Comment

Our Yakama Nation Tribe doesn't take the day off but we take the day after Thanksgiving off instead, another day that the Indians helped the pilgrims out on!!! What would they do without our ancestors...................????!!!!!
          [FONT=Garamond]RainbowDreamer

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky
            Let everyone know that your celebrating Invasion day, carry a helmet and binoculers and tell them your waiting for the next wave. Have fun out there.
            hehehe too funny!! :rofl2:

Comment

Columbo Day

My sister was calling it Columbo Day. Let's all go out and have a parade for Peter Falk.

Comment

Man, I was flippin through the radio this morning and heard this idiot say that columbus was justified in what he did, because he was a missionary and he brought "god" into a savage world. I wish I coulda got the phone number of the station and called, dayum i guess that guy is still studying his second grade textbook.
                www.myspace.com/powwowlicious

Comment

not a current thinker

Originally posted by 1badazzndn
                  Man, I was flippin through the radio this morning and heard this idiot say that columbus was justified in what he did, because he was a missionary and he brought "god" into a savage world. I wish I coulda got the phone number of the station and called, dayum i guess that guy is still studying his second grade textbook.

what was this guy fed in school? this website is great i suggest you call that radio station and tell them to visit it...

http://wwwbhs.bham.wednet.edu/projec...theprotest.htm

in my opinion... this guy would have to be below 2nd grade textbook level in order to say something so ridiculous. genocide is not something to take lightly. thats what the bottom line is to me anyway. keep on letting people know. the past is the present and so on...

> remind ya'll of anyone???

Comment

C-Day wasn't even a holiday til the 1970's. To have it abolished is my plan. The man came here to take slaves; he tortured and killed many people... And he gets a 'holiday'??? ~Kat

Comment

ummmm but you gotta admit there were some pretty good spankin sales in the malls yesterday! AND YUP! I hit up quite a few good ones too!! :man:

:Chatter

Comment

Originally posted by From the website link
                        He did not even reach the continental mainland on his original voyage, but stayed in islands in the Pacific
                        hehe

This cracked me up.

(if Columbus made it to the islands in the Pacific, he'd been a lot closer to his goal.) :D
                        Scott Zotigh
                        Kiowa Black Leggings
                        Kiowa Gourd Clan
                        Kiowa Tiah Piah
                        Kiowa Marine Veterans
                        American Indian Veterans

Comment

I don't like columbus and his mother F%$&in white posse that exterminated a lot of our people and i dont think we should celebrate his discovery in the americas. Remember we were here first!!!!!!!!!!
                          Kiowa power, kiowa power, kiowa power. NATIVE PRIDE

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma
                            C-Day wasn't even a holiday til the 1970's. To have it abolished is my plan. The man came here to take slaves; he tortured and killed many people... And he gets a 'holiday'??? ~Kat
                            Well if Christopher Columbus gets his own holiday for killing people and destroyin one's race. Then the "Americans" misewell give Charles Manson his own holiday too for doin tha exact same ****. I personally can't stand "Columbus Day". He never did anything except for bein a drunk european that one day found himself hungover on Our Native Land.
                            Excuse me while I talk in my Native Wookie dialect language.

Comment

buuuttt what about the sales people!!! THE SALES!!! SALES! SALES! SALES!

its all about the department store sales!!! :Chatter

:p

haha :rofl2:

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.