37.50%
    average
    16.67%
    fair
    4.17%
    poor
    4.17%
    Last edited by nativehunny; 10-14-2004, 06:31 PM. Reason: Title wrong
    Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true!!!

I live in Michigan, but have never heard of this one...do know about the Ann Arbor one at UM...when is it?
    C

Comment

You never heard of MSU's pow-wow?

I heard it's been pretty good the past couple years, I haven't been there since 2000, I'm always down south during that time.

Comment

Kwe Zee, actually, I think I have seen something on that one...but never saw it called PW of love...???? Is it in June/July...(maybe why I missed it???)
        Colonah

Comment

It's always been the Pow-wow of Love since at least the year 2000. It's always in the spring time.

Comment

The MSU Powwow of Love USED to be held in February, back when I was in school there. Last year it was in March, the year before I think it was in April. Anyway, it has been getting pretty good past couple years, but I've also heard it hasn't been the same since "WE" left! LOL...really though, I have heard comments that while it's still a good pow-wow, it hasn't been as good since me and my crew left there. But according to one of their pow-wow committee members, they won't tell who their VIP's are because it's a "big secret" and all the invited drums, "every single one of them will be on your list of favorite drums". Some girl from their pow-wow committee was talking shyt to a friend of mine at another pow-wow, and she was dogging on all local people, basically saying a pow-wow isn't shyt if they have local dancers, drums, head staff, etc. She has no clue but she just dogged on one of our most respected dancers who is a local, who is a veteran, and serves as Head Vet at HUNDREDS of pow-wows across the country. Apparently because he's from here he ain't shyt though. Anyway, despite what this stupid girl says, it usually is a great pow-wow, with fun 49's.
            The true meaning of life........

Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off,
            kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or
            behaving like one.

Comment

Msu

...goot times at MSU.....really get a kick out of "No Left Turn Lansing"!!! - my crew makes me drive around to learn the streets when we get there! ...a little too many 'cheesy' vendors last year though....
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Your crew was in there in 2000 right? (Ptown Mami) That's the last time I was there, it was pretty jammin that year from what I remember.

Comment

whaaaaat, no love for the locals! c'mon now!
                  well, hopefully this year the pow wow committee will have their meezee together. lol!

Comment

Next Spring!

Thanks guys,
                    Will keep an eye out for this one next year! Not far from here!
                    C

Comment

I had a blast at this powwow last year with the rest of the powwows.com Alumni. It was off the meat hook.
                      Got percap?

Comment

MSU Pow-Wow

Originally posted by p_town_mami
                        The MSU Powwow of Love USED to be held in February, back when I was in school there. Last year it was in March, the year before I think it was in April. Anyway, it has been getting pretty good past couple years, but I've also heard it hasn't been the same since "WE" left! LOL...really though, I have heard comments that while it's still a good pow-wow, it hasn't been as good since me and my crew left there. But according to one of their pow-wow committee members, they won't tell who their VIP's are because it's a "big secret" and all the invited drums, "every single one of them will be on your list of favorite drums". Some girl from their pow-wow committee was talking shyt to a friend of mine at another pow-wow, and she was dogging on all local people, basically saying a pow-wow isn't shyt if they have local dancers, drums, head staff, etc. She has no clue but she just dogged on one of our most respected dancers who is a local, who is a veteran, and serves as Head Vet at HUNDREDS of pow-wows across the country. Apparently because he's from here he ain't shyt though. Anyway, despite what this stupid girl says, it usually is a great pow-wow, with fun 49's.

I want to clarify some information regarding the MSU Pow-Wow and its committee. First of all, just because one committee member is talking shyt does not mean the entire pow-wow committee shares those same thoughts or feelings. We are not dissing local dancers or drums. In fact, if you have been to our pow-wow in recent years, you would know that the majority of VIP's are Michigan residents. Second of all, the drum list and VIP's are not a "big secret." The reason we have not mentioned who our drums or VIP's are for this year is due to the fact that all of them are not yet confirmed.

Comment

Stupid Question here....

Is the VIPs the same thing as the Head Staff?

Comment

No you silly.

It's Valuable Indigenous People.

Comment

Of course! What was I thinking? :p

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X