Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackbear
    replied
    ok, moved it for you...don't forget that you can still leave a memorial if you want to in Memorials

Leave a comment:

• debbieyd
    replied
    Wilferd T. Yallup ~ R.I.P.

Originally posted by 3StarsWoman
    Hello:
    Your dad was great man. A friend to all and a brother to many. I had much respect for him. I would talk to the other blood family members and see what they think. A year is okay, but if there are family hearts that aren't healed, then it will be hard. Pray about it. A special would be a great thing to honor his memory. We would come out for it (SD).
    I think that during the Treaty Days Pow-wow we will probably have a War Bonnet Special since he loved his war bonnets, thanks for responding, I'm excited about meeting my email contacts; my dad had a great sense of humor, a real people person who loved to talk to anyone. I hope to follow his moccasins...........that's a hard one to follow especially being a woman?

Leave a comment:

• 3StarsWoman
    replied
    Chief Yallup

Hello:
    Your dad was great man. A friend to all and a brother to many. I had much respect for him. I would talk to the other blood family members and see what they think. A year is okay, but if there are family hearts that aren't healed, then it will be hard. Pray about it. A special would be a great thing to honor his memory. We would come out for it (SD).

Leave a comment:

• debbieyd
    replied
    Wilferd T. Yallup-R.I.P.

Thank you, I would like that, as you might've guessed I'm fairly new to pow-wows.com and could use some tips.

Leave a comment:

• Blackbear
    replied
    If you would like I could move this thread to powwow talk for you. Just say the word. And then you could also leave a memorial here as well.

Leave a comment:

• Kakeeya
    replied
    Probably just have to give it a little time and maybe post it in the Powwow Talk forum?? More people will see it then and comment. Don't give up just hang in there, you might get more responses than you like, just kidding :Chatter

Yeah I post too much on here, :Blush

I would like to go to the powwow next year. I think I've been to that particular one at least once maybe twice. :) I live a couple mountains over from you.

Leave a comment:

• debbieyd
    replied
    Wilferd T. Yallup ~ R.I.P.

OK So my survey didn't make the top 10, but I was just trying get some input from some of the Elders/people with some Wisdom out there in Indian Country! Thank you Kakeeya for your input, I see you post a lot of threads, I hope to see you in White Swan, WA during Treaty Days Powwow!

Leave a comment:

• debbieyd
    replied
    WarBonnet / Golden Age / All-Around

Any ideas for my dads special, I need some feedback from you men dancers out there....
    Last edited by debbieyd; 10-26-2004, 04:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• debbieyd
    started a poll Wilferd T. Yallup-R.I.P. 12/25/31 ~ 03/31/04

Wilferd T. Yallup-R.I.P. 12/25/31 ~ 03/31/04

One year
    50.00%
    one year+
    50.00%
    Every year
    0.00%
    How many years
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

My dad passed on this past March 31, 2004, so if there are any friends out there in Pow-wow country that don't know, our family will be having a Memorial Golden Age Special during Treaty Days Pow-wow, June 10 - 12, 2005 @ White Swan, WA. Prizes will be posted.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.