Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska powwow, looking for Drum/dance group!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska powwow, looking for Drum/dance group!

I'm still searching for that excellent drum & dance group that would love to travel to Fairbanks, Alaska. This traditional powwow will take place July 22, 23, & 24th of 2005. The honorarium will include airfare for up to a 10 member group, room/board, and a blanket dance. This part of Alaska is gorgeous that time of the year! If anyone is interested please go visit the powwow website at; www.midnightsunpowwow.org . Keep in mind that before the powwow committee decides on a group, we will want you to submit, a photo of your drumgroup(dancers in regalia), a sample of your drum's songs, and a letter of interest(tell us about your drum). Thankyou for you interest, Wocuswoman

Still looking for some interested drum group. Oh, yeah we will include ground transportation to get around.

Comment

I have an additional piece of information to add; the Midnight Sun Intertribal Powwow has set a deadline of March 1, 2005, for interested drum groups to get their information sent in. On top of air-travel, a place to stay, and a blanket dance, we have added ground transportation, and a small stipend for the drum/dance group that is chosen. Please, if you are interested please inquire here or at the powwow website, we need more drum groups to choose from and would like to build up a list of qualifying drum groups for future powwows. Thankyou, WW

Comment

Comment

Still searching, thankyou for the PMs I have received. WW PS. The Midnight Sun Intertribal Powwow will be held in conjunction with the World Eskimo-Indian Olympics for the first time in the powwow's history. If you want to know more about that event check out their website, or use the link at the powwow website.

Comment

Still looking for more drum groups! The deadline for folks to submit their interest is March 1st. Remember this is a great opportunity to travel to Alaska on us!

Comment

Well we've had several drums contact us; but we would like more to choose from, and even if your group is not picked this year, we will keep you in mind for future powwows.

Comment

Originally posted by WocusWoman
                Well we've had several drums contact us; but we would like more to choose from, and even if your group is not picked this year, we will keep you in mind for future powwows.
                __

Okay Wocus,

I sent you a pm. Fairbanks in the summer? Can you say, "23 hours of daylight?"

*smile
                Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

I just pm'd you back; yes your right about all the excessive daylight here in the summer, but it's GORGEOUS! Thankyou, to all the drums that have sent me private messages and shown interest. Keep em' coming in! Your group could be traveling to Fairbanks, Alaska:)

Comment

:) Hopefully all you drum groups at home, instead of powwowing this weekend, are looking at this thread, and saying hmm, a trip to Alaska sounds good!

Comment

Midnight sun intertribal pow-wow

it sounds intresting and hope we can sign up for it
                      but i have to ask my motherif we can sign up
                      b/c we want to go to a pow-wow and we are dancers
                      wat we have to do to qualify for dancers?
                      Lets do the

Comment

I will pm you.

Comment

:) Still looking for a drum/dance group; if you feel you might qualify, please contact me or go to the website and go to the contact information there. We are coming up to a tenative deadline in two weeks. Even if you not chosen for this powwow; we will keep your drum group on a list for future events. WW

Comment

Just bringing this up to the front; time is running out for interested groups. All the pertinent information are in all these posts.

Comment

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.