Specials:
    Tiny Tots / Golden Age

Emcee:
    Ben Hanley, Rough Rock, Arizona

Arena Director:
    Jonthan Begay, Window Rock, Arizona

Northern Host Drum:
    Thunder House, Lukachukai, Arizona

All Dancers, Drum Groups and Arts & Crafts Vendors are welcome.

Sponsor not responsible for theft, acciedents and damages.

For more information contact Department of Youth at (928)674-2065/2064.

Shawna Claw or Willander Charley 928-674-2065
    Last edited by xTekno; 02-03-2005, 03:36 PM.

If you can't make it to Denver March, this is usually a good one to go to.

Comment

Two weekends away!

Comment

Two days to go! If you're not already on your way to Denver March, Chinle is only a few hours away.

Comment

.... how was the outcome of this powwow? I heard a little bit of it KTNN... lol... yeah bummer i wasn't there...
          "~~<~~~Miss Nikita~~~>~~"

http://www.myspace.com/kitagal is where i be lol

Comment

Originally posted by AEn8ive_kita
            .... how was the outcome of this powwow? I heard a little bit of it KTNN... lol... yeah bummer i wasn't there...
            Southern Outlawzz, Thunder House, Red Clan (Monument Valley dudes), Red Horse, Rocky Park, and Callin' Eagle rocked the community center. As usual, there were quite a few specials, but they are to be expected. The good thing is that we got out before 1 AM! If you missed it there was a "smoke dance special" during dinner break: Matt Skeka and JR Williams took the honors.

Comment

Yeah that Smoke dance was great they took in a wheel barrel load of cash. Leonard was the bomb.
              "I Ahula Ula"
              Enjoying the ride.
              BETA SIGMA EPSILON

Comment

One thing that needs to be addressed for every powwow is to let drum groups know if the committee has any drum money to give out at the conclusion of the powwow. A couple of the drum groups left as the dance contest winners were being announced. It wasn't until later on when the committee called out the non-host drum groups, but some were already gone by that time.

I think I will add this to my list of items to check for when I provide sound at powwows.

Comment

Nice!

It was a nice, simple one day powwow. We sure enjoyed ourselves. Yea, i agree with TT on the drum payout.... need to inform drums ahead of time. ;)
                  Happy Trails!....

Comment

Family of the headman and headwoman took all the places which was kinda akward to see. Plus some great dancers coming in third and not placing at all. Just my opinion. Yeah it was weird, to me. Shesh. I almost wiped out during contest! It was a close one. Whew.
                    "I Ahula Ula"
                    Enjoying the ride.
                    BETA SIGMA EPSILON

Comment

Originally posted by Tradish_Mom
                      It was a nice, simple one day powwow. We sure enjoyed ourselves. Yea, i agree with TT on the drum payout.... need to inform drums ahead of time. ;)
                      I was at one large out of state powwow where there were 22 drums competing for separate northern and southern drum contests which paid to 3 places each. After the drum contest winners were announced, some of the non-placing drum groups packed up and left. After paying out the head staff later on, the committee came up and announced that the all non-placing drum groups get to split $3,000.00. By that time, most of the drum groups were long gone so the few remaining groups got to get part of the split.

Comment

Thanks for the Audio tips TechT. I'm working on the wireless part now and looking into a better or additional power supply for the speakers. Thinking about going with Odessy tripods for speakers stands. I hope I get to chat with you again, you're very helpful.
                        "I Ahula Ula"
                        Enjoying the ride.
                        BETA SIGMA EPSILON

Comment

I heard Red Horse and Callin Eagle on KTNN... lol.. they sounded awesome! I think it was during Intertribal time but it sounded good.........
                          "~~<~~~Miss Nikita~~~>~~"

http://www.myspace.com/kitagal is where i be lol

Comment

Originally posted by AEn8ive_kita
                            I heard Red Horse and Callin Eagle on KTNN... lol.. they sounded awesome! I think it was during Intertribal time but it sounded good.........
                            I fed KTNN a good line, but they somehow made it sound like they were really pushing the signal through. I tried adjusting my output to them, but they needed to adjust their output level as well. I hope it sounded okay out in radio land, but I know that all the drum groups were pumping good sounds out left and right.

Comment

If you missed it there was a "smoke dance special" during dinner break: Matt Skeka and JR Williams took the honors.
                              WHAAAATTTT!!! ummm ohhhkay!!! who was the one that put up the smoke dance contest?? probably a "full-blooded" navajo huh?? LMFAO!!!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X