"Big" Pow Wows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Big" Pow Wows

What big pow wows are you going to this year?

Right now, planning on Gathering and the NMAI pow wow in August. Might also hit Schemitzun.
    I think everyone on this rez is addicted to Harry Potter...lol...

Originally posted by Singerdad

Right now, planning on Gathering and the NMAI pow wow in August. Might also hit Schemitzun.
    NMAI for sure.... not sure about the rest of the season... maybe Schemitzen... I heard a rumor that Schemitzen will be moved back to Hartford... know if that's true or not?

Comment

I haven't heard, but if they move it back to Hartford (inside and A/C), I'm definitely going there :)
      I think everyone on this rez is addicted to Harry Potter...lol...

Comment

I haven't heard, but if they move it back to Hartford (inside and A/C), I'm definitely going there :)
        Yep really, a/c is precious in August! I want to know where to make the room reservations too.

Comment

Don't know if this should be in here or its own thread but what is considered a big powwow. I mean GON for sure, Denver March, Schemitzun are definitely big. What else is considered big. Over a 1,000 dancers more than 25 drums. Not trying to be a wiseguy or anything. I would really like to know what everbody thinks is big or before its classified as big. Is it the size of the audience, size of the arbour. I know its all of these but when is it considered a big powwow.

Comment

Big Pow-wow

There is a big pow-wow in Kamploops BC, Canada it is a big pow-wow and very hot but it is where they shot a scene in "Smoke Signals"
            Lets do the

Comment

Originally posted by BCgrassdancer
              There is a big pow-wow in Kamploops BC, Canada it is a big pow-wow and very hot but it is where they shot a scene in "Smoke Signals"

I have been to that one a few times. Nice Arbour. Sang with a group from Penticton about 11 years ago. Last time I was there was in 99-00. Wouldn't mind going to that one again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kakeeya
                NMAI for sure.... not sure about the rest of the season... maybe Schemitzen... I heard a rumor that Schemitzen will be moved back to Hartford... know if that's true or not?

Okay if they are going to move it to Hartford, will they keep the same dates or change them???

Comment

Originally posted by badmaninc
                  I have been to that one a few times. Nice Arbour. Sang with a group from Penticton about 11 years ago. Last time I was there was in 99-00. Wouldn't mind going to that one again.
                  Wat part of BC r u from Badmaninc
                  Lets do the

Comment

__

Singerdad,

I'm planning on going to the Gathering and the NMAI National Powwow too! Hopefully we can meet, along with Kakeeya! I understand that there MAY be a powwows.com membership reception at the NMAI National Powwow? We'll see!

Plus, there are a lot of other powwows on my agenda this year. I hope to meet a lot of you on the powwow trail. I have plans to go to powwows in NC, NH, AZ and CO so far.
                    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

NMAI powwow??? really??I havent heard of this one yet!!!
                      .o0~CLAY~0o.

Comment

Originally posted by badmaninc
                        Don't know if this should be in here or its own thread but what is considered a big powwow. I mean GON for sure, Denver March, Schemitzun are definitely big. What else is considered big. Over a 1,000 dancers more than 25 drums. Not trying to be a wiseguy or anything. I would really like to know what everbody thinks is big or before its classified as big. Is it the size of the audience, size of the arbour. I know its all of these but when is it considered a big powwow.

I THINK FOR ME WHAT A BIG POWWOW IS ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE THERE THAT I KNOW AND SOME FROM ALL OVER. BECAUSE MOST OF THE POWWOWS THAT I GO TO ARE SMALL WITH LIKE 5 OR 7 DRUMS AND SOME PEOPLE I KNOW.

SO YEAH THAT KINDA DIDN'T MAKE TO MUCH SENS TO ME BUT IF ALL GET IT THAN YEAH

Comment

O Yeah I Think That Kamloops Is A Great Powwow To Go To!!!!!!!!!

So Come Out And See It. And Another Powwow That A Really Good One Is Suamish Powwow

Comment

Originally posted by BCgrassdancer
                            Wat part of BC r u from Badmaninc
                            Sorry It took so long to get back to you dude. I been away. I am from Vancouver Island.

Comment

anything is big round here. anything over 25 dancers ayy. sad but true. so any pow wow i can get to will be real cool. i like saying whaz up to new people all over.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.