San Carlos Controversy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Carlos Controversy?

WE HEARD FROM A VERY RELIABLE SOURCE AT THE POWWOW...(HOST DRUM)...THAT MIDNITE EXPRESS FINISHED KIND OF LOW...WE HAVE HEARD THE RECORDINGS FROM THE POWWOW AND MIDNITE WAS ON FIRE...IT IS RUMOURED TO BE HOSTILE TERRITORY DOWN THERE UNLESS YOU TRAVEL THERE ALL THE TIME...SOMEONE MUST KNOW THE SCOOP...IT'S JUST THE STORY FLOATING UP THIS WAY...HEARD WAR SCOUT DID PRETTY GOOD TOO...RITE ON...BUT RANDY YOUR STILL IT...
    R.I.P
    SHIANNE BAPTISTE-BULL

Well, I don't know what the controversy was... the host drum judged... lol... so blame them, aye!!! Someone obviously didn't think they were that hot...
    Haudenosaunee Hotties & Hunnies

Comment

Thatz what I heard too!!

I also heard this. Apparently the person running the singing contest was a little unfair. I wasn't there. But this is just what the buzz is on the "moccasin telegraph". I'll stick to the midwest where the only Apache's I run into is some white dude with a-patchy beard!! Or everyday I come to work I see a-patchy parking lot!! Ayyee!! I know lame right?? I couldn't resist.....n-e-wayzzz, it happens all over. Pow-wow season is about ready to bust open. I'm sure there will be more Threads like this in the near future.
      ohhhh ennniiit??

Comment

There's always controversy when a drum gets mad 'cause they didn't win... lol
        Haudenosaunee Hotties & Hunnies

Comment

Damm Politics

Pow-Wows are meant to have fun, and not be all down on it. Just cause Midnite tore it up, doesn't mean whoever has got to hate.
          Excuse me while I talk in my Native Wookie dialect language.

Comment

i dont know of any rumors. i know i woulda scored midnight higher based on making people dance, song selection, and over all quality. they were way tighter, meaning there were no extra beats or sounds. i was sure they wrapped up another win but heard later they placed third.

i dont know if the recorder crowd means anything. but they were in full force there..
            ummm they got whistled saturday and were the primary choice for russell standing rocks four grass dance specials. that says something... dont it?

i aint even gonna downgrade anybody. but friday some drums were off. nice songs and all but..... well, i just leave it alone.
            thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

Originally posted by wyldhoss
              WE HEARD FROM A VERY RELIABLE SOURCE AT THE POWWOW...(HOST DRUM)...THAT MIDNITE EXPRESS FINISHED KIND OF LOW...WE HAVE HEARD THE RECORDINGS FROM THE POWWOW AND MIDNITE WAS ON FIRE...IT IS RUMOURED TO BE HOSTILE TERRITORY DOWN THERE UNLESS YOU TRAVEL THERE ALL THE TIME...SOMEONE MUST KNOW THE SCOOP...IT'S JUST THE STORY FLOATING UP THIS WAY...HEARD WAR SCOUT DID PRETTY GOOD TOO...RITE ON...BUT RANDY YOUR STILL IT...
              Please refer to "rigged powwows" thread

Comment

I was there a couple of years ago and noticed the head dance judge was doing some sketchy stuff too. They had people placing 1st and 2nd that didn't make grand entry or spot checks on Friday night. Every time this particular person is touching ballots unpredictable results are brought out. It's very strange.
                Work like you don't need money,
                Love like you've never been hurt,
                And dance like no one's watching.

Comment

Well, you can't win 'em all........unless you're talented like me. Just kidding.
                  It is so sad that a family can torn apart by something as simple as a wild pack of dogs.

Comment

same ol same ol - you can't win em all. just ask northern cree in toronto. or northern cree in north battleford. or wild horse in lethbridge. it just takes one drum judge to skew the results and a head drum judge to keep the ballot in the system and not regard it as spoiled....or one or two guys who miss drum roll call....or one guy to miss a lead or forget the song....
                    Watch your broken dreams...
                    Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

All I'm saying is that I heard that Tha Tribe and War Scout sounded really good, where Midnite Express could have sounded better, so I say congratulations to them. It's funny when a someone goes somewhere thinking that they have it easy, and then it' s just as easily taken away from them, so they have to make up rumors of contreversy to compensate for the fact that they simply got beat. Once again, congratulations to the winners. (and I heard Wild Rose sounded pretty good too)

Two Cents

Comment

who freakin cares!!!!!!! it was over a week ago!! WHO CARES!!!!!

LMFAO!

Comment

Well.................... I care.

Quite a bit.

Comment

you know its always going to be like this no matter where u go. competing for cash will overshadow the spirit of our ancestors. its sad to hear such statements whether its rumors or not...i'll always luv the songs no matter who sings em...i'll always luv the dancing no matter whos dancing...keep it real. thoughts and prayers go to all who are on the pow wow trail...travel safe.

Comment

San Carlos rumors...

I AGREE with NDNFLYGUY! Good words...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.