Let's Talk GRAND ENTRYS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• IlnuSoldier
    The evolution of powwows and the evoltion of Native culture
    by IlnuSoldier
    Arlight... here it is :

I'm not from the Plains or "Heart Land".... My family has been on the n.e. coast (First Nations) for countless generations and so, naturally, I got opinions that seem to differ from alot of other NDNs that I run into in the states---

02-10-2009, 08:56 PM
  • shdwwolf
    taking pictures at powwows
    by shdwwolf
    i'm cherokee native american from Alabama all the powwows I've been to when we have grand entry the mc request that no pictures are taken at this time I've seen some vets leave the circle go to a visitor that was not listening and either take the film out of the camera and distroyed it or in case fo...
    09-10-2009, 11:40 PM
  • beerad
    Eastern Powwows or Gatherings
    by beerad
    I have a question that I haven't been able to get a good answer for in person. I have seen a number of "powwows" that have been referred to as Eastern "powwows" or "gatherings". Where did these originate?

I have noticed that even though they...
    05-31-2009, 12:26 PM
  • Josiah
    Powwow Talk
    by Josiah
    I have been reading the forums on this website that have mentioned differences in Powwows depending on the part of the of the country and tribe that is hosting
    Anyway I have a curiosity about this...
    I have been to Powwows mostly in Oklahoma and New Mexico mostly they are similiar....
    12-08-2005, 01:17 PM
  • WhoMe
    Powwows: Is it a universal Indian thing?
    by WhoMe
    I often talk to people who wish to learn more about powwows.

One quote I use is, "Where ever there are pockets of Indians, there are powwows. Powwows are held in all 50 states."

I know not every Indian powwows and there are many Indians who do not go to powwows...
    12-28-2006, 11:18 AM

Trending

Collapse

• Celena
    I want to share an interesting information for you
    by Celena
    I'll start out by saying the usual things were good about this powwow: the drums and the dancers. It's them that ultimately make or break a powwow, for the most part. There were some really great specials and the dancers really put up a good competition. The weather was mild, and it was not unbearably...
    09-23-2019, 11:54 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X