Midnight Rodeo?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight Rodeo?????????

O.K.........I know I haven't been on here in a while, but I was wondering what is up with Midnight Rodeo??? I overheard that it was shutdown. What was the reasons behind the closing. Too many natives, too much fighting........enquiring minds would like to know. Will it be open back up by Gathering???? If not, where is the next best place to go??? Maybe this has already been answered, but WESE-GOTSTA-KNO!!!!!

Tallinjun
    I'm a Lover, not a Fighter!!!!

Yeah midnight rodeo is shut down... i dunno if it is for good and i doubt it will open by GON... so my suggestions is.... hang out @ this spot called "Grand Central Station." I heard that is "the spot to be." lol... never been there but check it out... its like 5 different music happening @ once but in different rooms... so yeah...
    "~~<~~~Miss Nikita~~~>~~"

http://www.myspace.com/kitagal is where i be lol

Comment

This just in...

Okay... i just heard there is a huge sign on the door of Midnight and it says "Opening Soon..." and they might be opening their doors before the Gathering, so you maybe in luck... lol... i'll keep ya updated though
      "~~<~~~Miss Nikita~~~>~~"

http://www.myspace.com/kitagal is where i be lol

Comment

Man I sure hope they do open back up soon - I went to Midnight Rodeo so long ago - keep us updated....
        Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

We can do some bumpn and grindn and the texas two step in the same place.......Keep me Posted!!!!!!!

Tallinjun
          I'm a Lover, not a Fighter!!!!

Comment

Either way

Graham Central is still off the heezee, and despite the many memories I had at blessed Midnight Rodeo, I for one will be shakin this thang at Graham Central, even if I'm the only one (ayes...)
            ..::First ever 2002-2003 Powwows.com Princess::..
            ~*~*~* The original POWWOWCHIC49 *~*~*~
            *~*JINGLE IT*~*

Comment

My sources tell me that Midnight was shut down about two years ago or so.......but, was only undergoing a remodeling phase.

My sources also tell me that it's going to be opening the week of GON.

Since the PBR has returned to Albuquerque, and it's been added onto their circuit for the next ten years I believe....it's the only show in town that caters to the cowboy types.

So.......if what I'm hearing is true. You Skins need to dust yer boots off and iron yer wranglers......cause Midnight's gonna be open during GON.
              "This next song goes out to some girls in dot com. They don't know who they are, but, it doesn't really matter anyway."

"When the God's wish to punish us, they grant our prayers."

O. Wilde

Comment

Actually Midnite closed this past summer, it was open last year during GON. And the reason it was closed I heard is because it was losing customers to Graham Central Station. Rumor was in ABQ that Midnite was closed for good. But we'll see.

Graham Central is a good place to be, you have a karoke bar, an 70's, 80's and 90's bar, a hip-hop R&B room and a country bar that is the biggest of them all. We went there last year for a bit before we hit Midnite. I think a lot more people are going to be at Graham.
                He's the type of rez I like
                ~A. Waquie Nov. 2003~

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bo Jangles
                  My sources tell me that Midnight was shut down about two years ago or so.......but, was only undergoing a remodeling phase.

My sources also tell me that it's going to be opening the week of GON.

Since the PBR has returned to Albuquerque, and it's been added onto their circuit for the next ten years I believe....it's the only show in town that caters to the cowboy types.

So.......if what I'm hearing is true. You Skins need to dust yer boots off and iron yer wranglers......cause Midnight's gonna be open during GON.
                  __

Mr. Bo,

I heard the same thing you heard. Do we have the same source? *L

The Electric 49 will also be taking place. I heard that is always packed with skins and good NDN bands.

Actually it is good that there may be three venues to choose from. There are 10 other Indian events that have scheduled on or near the same dates as the Gathering. With so many skins in town, maybe the lines will be shorter.

For the past two years, if you were not in line at Midnight Rodeo (Fri, Sat) by midnight. You were not allowed in, due to full capacity (unless you knew someone in line close to the entrance)! *L

I hope people on here can reach a concensus of where to go. It would be fun to meet a lot of pws.com people at one location.

I will be flying in on Thursday evening to have at least one night to socialize before the competition begins.
                  Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Wednesday Night???

What's up for Wednesday night?? Grand Central?? Let me know....

I'll be at the other shows Friday and Saturday...no midnight for me.
                    Eye7 Consulting

Comment

Wow..... what's a trip to GON without a stop at Midnight Rodeo?? *LOL*

too many memories.... LOL I'll just leave it at that! :p

So where's this Grand Central Station?

Comment

So, Midnight might open up.
                        I was bummed out when I heard that it was closed. Please keep us updated.

Comment

Up to the minute report..... just in. *L

It is rumored that Midnight just reopened this past weekend. So for those who know where it is, this will probably be the primary GON waterhole, again.

Several Indian engineers with dinero are trying to locate a place to have an afterhours event. . . a place that hopefully will not be raided, and accessible to all. They are trying to get a warehouse if possible and already have a DJ who's willing to spin all night.

I will keep u updated.

That's the latest news from the Land of Enchantment! (via the internet)!
                          Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

midnite is a meat market. plain and simple....if you need *action* and cant get any at midnite. somethings wrong
                            thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

Electric 49...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tribal Stew, LLC with Emergence Productions present:

The 8th Annual “Electric 49”™ Native Music Festival!

ALBUQUERQUE, NM – The Electric 49 returns! What started as a small club gig to give Native rock fans an alternative music event during the Gathering of Nations pow-wow*, this event has become the Friday night hotspot during the Gathering. Now in its eighth year of showcasing some of the most well known Indian bands as well as up and coming artists from every corner of Indian Country, the Electric 49 has become nationally known as a one of a kind music festival, uniquely Native and uniquely Southwestern.

The Electric 49 presents a musical look at what is truly occurring today throughout Indian Country - from reggae to hip-hop to metal to funk and blues, this festival has something for everyone. The producers of the festival recognize the importance of expanding and promoting native music beyond its old stereotypes, and invite music fans of all types to get a taste of contemporary Native America. The “Nine” gives Native and non-Native people alike from all across the US and Canada a place to gather, meet new people, and enjoy some of the best live music Indian Country has to offer.

Now at the Wool Warehouse in downtown Albuquerque, the Electric 49 continues evolving and growing. For the first time, this year’s festival will feature two music areas, a DJ lounge in the front room, and the main stage inside the theater. With six amazing performers, this year's festival starts early and runs all night, so plan to spend the whole evening 49ing!

Tribal Stew, LLC, with Emergence Productions and the generous sponsorship of the Seminole Tribe of Florida, proudly present a Native celebration of music, culture and unity – the 8th Annual Electric 49.

For more information on this year’s artists, see below.

*This festival is in no way connected with the official events of the Gathering of Nations pow-wow.

The 8th Annual Electric 49

Friday, April 29, 2005
                              Albuquerque, New Mexico
                              The Wool Warehouse (downtown on 516 1st St. c/o Roma Ave.)
                              8:00pm / 21+

Advance tickets only $15
                              available at http://www.rednations.com
                              (Tickets will also be available at the theater box office the day of the show)

FEATURING:
                              Red Earth (Albuquerque, NM)
                              Derek Miller (Toronto, Ontario)
                              Stoic Frame (Los Angeles, CA)
                              Quese (Oklahoma City, OK)
                              Ethnic DeGeneration (Kayenta, AZ)
                              DJ Abel (Window Rock, AZ)
                              ~*iF u dOnT kNo BaBy nOw u kNo.....bOy i KaN dO tHaT*~

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.