No announcement yet.

Lumbee Spring Pow-wow, May 6-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it's only 4 more days!!! Are there any more confirm drums??? How much is prize money for drum contest? We'll be there!!! Hope to see everyone there! Be ready to dance hard and have a good time!!

Comment

I wish I was going, but I am working for the next 6 weekends. And it looks as if I'll be working weekends in hte fall as well. You guys and gals have fun!
      GJJudd

Comment

Drum Prize Money

The drum prize money is

1st $2500
        2nd $1500
        3rd $1000
        4th $500

The contest is not split this year. We want to have a good contest and hope that we can split it next year with more drums. DANCE CATEGORIES ARE SPLIT. There is southern straight and women's northern and southern traditional.

As far as drums...Pipestone and Youngbird are our hosts. Southern Sun will be there but not in contest. Stoney Creek will probably show. After that it is anybody's guess. Any of you drums out there reading this let us know if you are heading down. We'd love to have you. See everybody this weekend. I graduate from college on Saturday so I'll be there with my cap on!!! WOOHOO.
        SouthernDrumSinger

Comment

hey c_lady_native!!! it will be good to see you there, haven't seen you in forever!! is your mom coming too? if you don't know who this is just pm, and i'll tell you. hope you have safe travels!

Comment

Drums and Rooms

Drums:
            KTN Jrs.
            Southern Sun
            Southern Eagle
            Medicine Tail
            Bear Creek ?
            * Pipe Stone
            * Young Bird
            ---others are calling, but not confirmed---:)

Other Hotels in the Area:
            Super 8 910-671-4444
            Best Western 910-618-9799
            Comfort Suites 910-739-8800
            Hampton Inn 910-738-3332
            Econo Lodge 910-738-7121

For directions please contact: April or John at--910-521-7861 or
            [email protected], or [email protected]

** No private messages please--just contact us directly --Gracias:):) See you soon.
            Eye7 Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by Lumbee Pride
              [B]** Dance Specials **
              Men's Fancy Moccassin Blowout: $500
              Women's Fancy Moccasin Blowout: $500
              Men's Traditional Sneak-up: $500
              Hand-drum Contest: $500
              Two-step Freestyle: $300
              Trick Song for Youth: $150
              Switch Dance: $200
              Women's Backup Singing Contest: $500
              "Old School Phrase" Contest-"Gah-dad-jack!": $200

Vendor/ Dance/ Drum Info.- 1-800-659-6585
              Hey... whats the Old School Phrase contest??

~* Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to *~

Comment

There's gonna be a switch dance?!?!?!!? I haven't seen one of those since I left Nawlins 2 years ago. That's gonna be FUUUUNNNNNNNEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

what time is grand entry on friday night?? thanks for the info and hope that everyone has safe travels to the powwow!!

Comment

I heard there is going to be a chicken dance special... is this true???? also what days are the specials???

Trying to figure out what days to take off... hehe
                    i don't live in God's country any more... just up here in DC hell... LOL
                    Ancial
                    StoneyCreekSingers.com

Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt, and Dance like no one is watching.

Comment

Man, I was really looking forward to going. I don't think I'm going to be able to make it. Got to go out of town for Mother's Day and Graduation. Just too much going on. Everyone have a GREAT time! I know Youngbird and Pipestone will be rockin as well as all of the other drums there. Millicent and Tony, wish I could make it. JD, if you read this, tear it up man. Dance those new bustles good.
                      If you are what you eat.... I'm fast, cheap and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by c_lady_native
                        We;re Leaving Albuquerque Tommorrow Night...
                        Good Luck - Candi & Safe travels

Comment

[]FlyByNyte[]

There is going to be a Double Beat special, and its for grass and chicken dancers only.. John said it was going to be on Saturday, and if there is alot of people in it, it may carry on over to Sunday just depends..

On a side note to everyone, make sure that you bring your lawn chairs, they could not find enough of bleachers in time this year so make sure that you bring your chair and some bug repellent, the "skeeters" are out in full affect, I was out there yesterday!

I hope that everyone has a safe trip, and to Bear Creek, I hope that you boys can make it down...

Oh...also too, remember that the rain site is going to be at Purnell Swett High School right down from the culture Center.

Comment

Just wanted to wish everyone safe travels and see everyone soon!!! Where's everybody staying at??? I mean I got a room but where's the party at?? LOL! So is Bear Creek coming or not??? If so you boys have a safe ride!

Comment

Originally posted by darkwaterlum
                              []FlyByNyte[]

There is going to be a Double Beat special, and its for grass and chicken dancers only.. John said it was going to be on Saturday, and if there is alot of people in it, it may carry on over to Sunday just depends..
                              Ahh that sucks.... word i have been getting from down there was to bring my stuff and get my chicken on.... but not for that... guess Bo might get to dance my new stuff afterall......maybe.....
                              Ancial
                              StoneyCreekSingers.com

Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt, and Dance like no one is watching.

Comment

Everyone be safe in travelling - can't wait to see everyone.....

Be loved!!!!

YAY!!!! peeps....

Get here so we can all.... ... you know, pow-wow....
                                Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X