Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SmokeEater
    replied
    To whoever I danced with at the '49 saturday night, I was following someone's adviced to dance with ugly gals until the fine chicks got jealous and came over. I would just like to say Thank You! ;)

Leave a comment:

• Feeling Lovely
    replied
    Thx Ace!!!!

I really enjoyed the powwow, I just wish the atmosphere would have been different.

We rocked the floors at the nine, good job OT! Who were the asshole flakes at the front door of the TOM???? THANK YOU STONEY CREEK for singing at the 49, remember you have to always represent!!!!

Thanks Ace on the Southern Sun's ladies props!You are always the best cheerleader for your peep's!!! It was good seeing you as always.....I love your hugs!!!! I liked the UNC-P joints....We couldn't be repesented/supported by any one sweeter! Remember WE LOVE YOU GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Feeling Lovely; 08-15-2005, 12:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Emmy
    replied
    Alls i can say is wow!!

soon as i can think again ill write more

Leave a comment:

• Jibby™
    replied
    Alright .. now that I have scalped a few hours worth of zzz's I can spit this out properly ..

Smokin' - Sis, it was sooooo good to see you ! Your smile is infectious and your presence so exhilerating .. shooot, every time I turned around at the nine you were droppin' it like s fresh batch of bannock .. glad to see you enjoyed yourself .. see you at Richmond !

O*E mamas - hooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwweeeeee!! Yall outdid yourselves .. the party was off tha TRAIL ! damn .. you threw the "other" party outta business ! But even more important than the party - it was amazing to hang with you girls even if it was only for a minute .. I miss you already !

Tallinjun and PA Saponi - finally nice to put some faces to some names ! Too bad you couldn't hang with the afterhaps ayyee ;)

And to everyone else who contributed to this intense pw hangover - you know I still got love for you !

Leave a comment:

• nativegal
    replied
    Yes...........awesome powwow. Enjoyed myself for the one day I got to be there. Awesome dancing, singing. It was great to hear all of the awesome singing that sounds a heck of a lot better in person, well it should duh!!! LOL!! Great to see everyone that I did see. Didn't make it to the 49 but that's ok, got plenty of rest for that 10 hr drive the next day. Didn't get to take many pictures, Paul did get a lot of pictures so I am sure he can cover every aspect of the powwow. I really enjoyed how they did the exhibition before the competition for each category. Especially the grass, women's fancy,and jingle. Really enjoyed the jingle. I couldn't get over the fact that if they had so many dancers they would have 2 sets for that category like jingle. Love it though! Hope everyone mad it back safely. See you all soon, again! To the NMAI keep it up....awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• nativegal
    replied
    Yes...........awesome powwow. Enjoyed myself for the one day I got to be there. Awesome dancing, singing. It was great to hear all of the awesome singing that sounds a heck of a lot better in person, well it should duh!!! LOL!! Great to see evryone that I did see. Didn't make it to the 49 but that's ok, got plenty of rest for that 10 hr drive the next day. Didnt get to take many pictures, Paul did get a lot of pictures so I am sure he can cover every aspect of the powwow. I really enjoyed how they did the exhibition before the competition for each category. Especially the grass, women's fancy and jingle. Really enjoyed the jingle. I couldn't get over the fact that they had so many dancers they had 2 sets for that category like jingle. Love it though! Hope everyone mad it back safely. See you all soon, again! To the NMAI keep it up....awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• NDNKIDZ
    replied
    GREAT POWWOW......wonderful dancers......awesome singing...we had a great time.. i found the event staff to be very polite and helpful.. my only complaint would be the traffic..lol but hey im from a small town and dont see that many people in one spot.. lots to see and lots to do there.. im still trying to get rested from the trip..lol good job to everyone who placed singing and dancing..we had a bit of a scare heading to the airport sunday morning some guy tried to drive right over the top of us..everyone is fine what a way to wake up in the morning....

Leave a comment:

• Smokin' Ace
    replied
    Hey Paul - you did a great job with the pics!!! You should have a class for other photo journalists - and show them ~ THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT!

I also really want to say a special word about the new Miss Indian World. I had been hearing about how beautiful she was and so down to earth - well, I got to witness it first hand this weekend. She sat on the same row as I did, and I found her to be quite delightful in how she handled herself. Her regalia was spectacular, and I watched as she interacted with so many people - she just seemed very humble. As I was leaving, I just spoke and told her I had heard good things about her - she just smiled.

Leave a comment:

• Smokin' Ace
    replied
    AGREEING WITH JIBBY TOTALLY on the MAD PROPS TO THE CROW GIRLS!! LULULULULULULULU!!!!

I do not remember when I had so much fun at a 49'r - so many skinz were in the house!!!!

Oh yeah - the pow-wow was ACE too! Plenty of great sights....

Who won??? Tell it....

Mad props to the original dance spotlights for each dance - that totally rocked!! To me, that gave each category so much more texture (is that the right word??) and history...wonderful creative educational value.

The only thing that I didn't like was all the dang photographers getting right up in everyone's faces....some of them had no respect at all...I told a few of them what I thought of their poor manners....I told one guy that he was really missing some great shots - he was so busy trying to get that "one shot" that he was missing the whole dang point of why he was taking photos....for the first time, ever, I felt like the paparrazzi had invaded our trail. Some of those guys were just rude as all get out - and their lenses were longer than some of the drummer's sticks!!!

The drums were rocking, and yeah, I was very pleased that NC was represented so well. And, I have to say, that the back up singers for Southern Suns - girls - ya'll really made me smile big today with just the warm up song - and yesterday, listening to Stoney Creek - me and Takin' Numbers were like - yeah, boy!! Melissa and Donna - awesome. :) Had the pleasure of dancing intertribals to a few - Yellowhammer - awesome. Midnight Express - excellent as always...Cedar Tree - always good to hear Mike and his boys - Blackbear - Petey always has a good crew. KTNJ had incredible volume - way to go guys!!! Sounded ACE!!! Sheez - everyone rocked the MCI Center, aye.....

Leave a comment:

• Jibby™
    replied
    alright maaaaan .. i just got home from DC. Left the powwow at 8 (my flight was at 9:25) and BARELY made it.

All I have to say is - this is one of the best pws I have ever been to. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD SHOUT OUTS TO DORA AND ANNA! I knew yall would hold it down like only you know how .. WhoMe - great job .. I'll send you some pics form the afterhaps.

Missed the winners - but the roster was ace!

It was fabulous to see everyone again .. but for now - I need to go scalp me some zzz's/

Leave a comment:

• Jibby™
    replied
    Come look for me at the aiport sis !! haha .. me and my girl just missed our shuttle so we are going to throw a few back while we wait for the next one. come check us the phoenix .. see you tomorrow mamas.

OE Girls - LET'S DO DISSSSSS !!!

Leave a comment:

• Smokin' Ace
    replied
    My prayer for all my pow-wow family this weekend:

Creator stay with all of us as we travel from all directions for this pow-wow. Stay with us in our vehicles, at the pow-wow, while we socialize, dance and sing. Keep your hand on us all, Lord.

Amen.

I wish everyone safe travels - am going to pick up the kids now - am heading to Richmond, where I will be dropping them off with Grandma and Papa, and I will head to DC in the morning to join Takin' Numbers!! And all of my other loves!

Dennis - where is coffee in the morn - I will call ya!

Jib - looking for ya girl. Crow sista's - hugs to ya! Donna and Amy and Robie - can't wait to see my fam!!! Frejo - can't wait to hear ya scratching....speaking of scratching - Donna - I know you are itching to see me....dang I am funny.

Much love - peace out - be safe all.

Leave a comment:

• ~pathwalker~
    replied
    I cant go because of the surgery I just had Everyone have a great time! Bring back pictures!

Leave a comment:

• nativegal
    replied
    Ace- me and Andy are going as a couple, kids are staying with my mom this weeknd. The fellas def. are not ready for this yet, so they are not setting up. It is suppose to be a couple weekend but knowing Andy he's going to be drooling over the drums, but that's ok I understand. Yeah we will be safe, not even driving into DC. Staying in Alexandria, and riding in the metro. We'll post when we get back, getting ready to leave in 20 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Smokin' Ace
    replied
    Tab - u and the fam be careful - are the boys setting up in DC?

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.