No announcement yet.

Washington D.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll see you there NdnQt. I still haven't taken the time to hit Ticket Master yet to buy my ticket. My family is dancing but I'm being a spectator at this one.

I'll be there with my clan and I think tallinjun and his crew might even be staying with us too.

Safe travels!!!!

Comment

This is gonna be like a big ole family reunion....man!

Can DC handle all of us - in one place????
      Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

Does anyone know how registration is going to work, where we go, what we need, etc... Are there going to places to dress .....??? how is it going to work for the dancers?
        "What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself." ~ A.B.
        When not dancing, I am thinking about dancing.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin' Ace
          This is gonna be like a big ole family reunion....man!

Can DC handle all of us - in one place????
          I heard there will be quite a few Haliwa-Saponi at this one. I wonder who all from fron Hollywood are deifinitely going to be there.

Saponi booked us at The Phoenix. Where is everyone else mostly staying?

buckskin and bushybraids are you ladies still treating everyone to steaks at your place Saturday night?

Comment

i have jus herd that dc is shut down to public due to....threats or something ....fill me in....ma uncle told me this

Comment

Yes please someone verify this. I have about a 10 hour drive and it would suck if the place is closed. Thanks!!
              What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!!!!

Comment

im in dc right now at work...believe me if dc was shut down i would not be here!!....lol
                Oh yeah, I used to know Quentin...He's a real...He's a real Jerky

~Flat Beat~

Comment

Has anyone heard what drums are setting up? That 12:00 GE is gonna be tough, but SC will be in the building. We're staying at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City. Anyone know the best parking/transportation strategy to take? I can't wait to see my boys Bear Creek tear it up. And, oh yeah Midnite too. See ya'll this weekend.

Comment

The easiest most efficient way to get around DC is the METRO....driving isn't so bad, ya just have to know where you're going....parking might not be so easy but there are plenty of garages around MCI Center or the ever faithful CABBY...they'll get'cha where u need to go! I heard there will be a shuttle from the Museum to the MCI Center all wknd....GOOD LUCK to everyone comin into town...can't wait to see my STONEY CREEK HOMIES!!! Ya'll gotta defend that title :D
                    *BE EASY*

Comment

thanks for the update.............ive got 9 hour drive too and it would sux if it was shut down....

Comment

Originally posted by PA-Saponi
                        I heard there will be quite a few Haliwa-Saponi at this one. I wonder who all from fron Hollywood are deifinitely going to be there.

Saponi booked us at The Phoenix. Where is everyone else mostly staying?

buckskin and bushybraids are you ladies still treating everyone to steaks at your place Saturday night?
                        PA SAPONI...You arent dancing????? You better have a PRETTY DARN GOOD EXCUSE!!!! hmmm...i might be able to fork out an extra few bucks for some ndn roundstakes (Sing it w/me now B-O-L-O-G-N-A) but ya might have to bring ya own bread & mustard...ahahahaha!

Hey looks like we're stayin at the same place....i'll be sure & request a room on the other side of the hotel i know how lively ur bunch can get! ;)
                        *BE EASY*

Comment

Originally posted by buckskin pantyhose
                          PA SAPONI...You arent dancing????? You better have a PRETTY DARN GOOD EXCUSE!!!! hmmm...i might be able to fork out an extra few bucks for some ndn roundstakes (Sing it w/me now B-O-L-O-G-N-A) but ya might have to bring ya own bread & mustard...ahahahaha!

Hey looks like we're stayin at the same place....i'll be sure & request a room on the other side of the hotel i know how lively ur bunch can get! ;)
                          Hey girl! Nope! I'm not dancing. Just spectating. Although people are trying to persuade me but I doubt if they'll succeed. May loan my regalia out to a certain person.

We do like to have fun on occasion. But I'm not LOUD. You have me confused with another tallinjun.

I guess I could spring some mustard for the bologna steaks if you bring da bread.

Do you know any baby sitters? Don't want to leave the little ones at the hotel alone in case Saponi and I want to hit the 49.

Comment

Originally posted by Saponi4ever
                            Anyone know the best parking/transportation strategy to take?
                            yup prolly gotta know the streets to drive. best mode of transport.. the METRO, get an all-day pass, that way you dont have to fiddle for change :D some of the METRO stations have parkNrides too. driving around dc is mad crazee w. tourists lol

Comment

For anyone who is showing up in town early, there are several events going on at NMAI on Thursday, including a "social" where the three host drums will set up. Here are the details from NMAI:

Powwow Social
                              Thursday, August 11
                              2 - 5 p.m.
                              Potomac Atrium
                              Everybody Dance! Dance demonstrations, songs, and audience participation with host drums, Midnite Express (Chippewa and Sioux from Minnesota), Yellow Hammer (Ponca from Oklahoma), and Bear Creek (Sault Ste. Marie Chippewa from Canada). All are welcome

Might be cool to check out some good singing before the powwow starts on Friday.
                              "They go out, kick butt, shake your hand and walk off the court." -- Sportswriter and longtime UNC supporter, Art Chansky, on Coach K and the Duke Blue Devils

"I could give a sh*t about North Carolina right now." Roy Williams, April 7, 2003

Comment

I wish I could make that but my flight gets in right at 5pm... darn, already missing out...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.