2005 Gallup Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial Powwow - August 5-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Gallup Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial Powwow - August 5-7

Okay people, give me some input on how the director can improve the powwow portion of the ceremonial. I will be providing the sound system for the powwow, but I need some ideas and suggestions that I can lay out before the planning committee and see if they can act upon them.
    Last edited by xTekno; 04-06-2005, 08:39 PM.

The entire ceremonial runs August 3rd through the 7th.
    Last edited by xTekno; 04-06-2005, 09:23 PM.

Comment

~2005 Gallup Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial Powwow - August 5-7~

Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno
      Okay people, give me some input on how the director can improve the powwow portion of the ceremonial. I will be providing the sound system for the powwow, but I need some ideas and suggestions that I can lay out before the planning committee and see if they can act upon them.
      It's been eons since I've attended this powwow... Any info on the head staff?
      **"Father eagle will always guide and protect."**

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly
        It's been eons since I've attended this powwow... Any info on the head staff?
        It sounded like they're just getting around to that, I sure hope it's all new head staff.

Comment

A better MC. Like Dennis, Dale or that one guy from Flagstaff.
          "I Ahula Ula"
          Enjoying the ride.
          BETA SIGMA EPSILON

Comment

No Presidential Canidates this year pleeeze! *L

and uh better judges for the spotlight competitions
            ~* Im so sin-seriuos *~Impossible is NOT a fact, its an oppinion ... Rumble young girl RUMBLE!*~--

Comment

Originally posted by kamikaze_yazzie
              No Presidential Canidates this year pleeeze! *L

and uh better judges for the spotlight competitions
              Absolutely no candidates of any kind! Those yuppies campaign workers really got on my nerves. They actually took over the place! I held out as long as I could, but finally had to give in a bit.

Better judges, eh? I'll make sure this is on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiyospaye Yazzie
                A better MC. Like Dennis, Dale or that one guy from Flagstaff.
                For sure, one that is more tolerable, flexible and fair to all the drums.

Comment

I vote for Dennis...he has some fun jokes.
                  Happy Trails!....

Comment

ummm... forgot... Callin' Eagle is hosting in Flagstaff.. Youth Powwow.. Sechrist Elementary School on that Sunday. Hey, we might have "that guy from Flagstaff" MC for us...
                    Happy Trails!....

Comment

Originally posted by Tradish_Mom
                      ummm... forgot... Callin' Eagle is hosting in Flagstaff.. Youth Powwow.. Sechrist Elementary School on that Sunday. Hey, we might have "that guy from Flagstaff" MC for us...
                      Steve Dardin I think was his name.
                      "I Ahula Ula"
                      Enjoying the ride.
                      BETA SIGMA EPSILON

Comment

Man i know what you mean by the campaigners... i didnt have to deal with them but damnit that line before the pw got on my nerves.. then they went through all my pw stuff... took my hammer from my canopy and almost took the steaks too. It was nuts.

Hope this yr is better...

oh and i just remember the ppl passing out while the MC was talking and talking... and talking.... and it was HOT
                        ~* Im so sin-seriuos *~Impossible is NOT a fact, its an oppinion ... Rumble young girl RUMBLE!*~--

Comment

oh and the better judges.. i just noticed that some of the outcomes of the spotlight comps were off

Comment

Originally posted by kamikaze_yazzie
                            Man i know what you mean by the campaigners... i didnt have to deal with them but damnit that line before the pw got on my nerves.. then they went through all my pw stuff... took my hammer from my canopy and almost took the steaks too. It was nuts.

Hope this yr is better...

oh and i just remember the ppl passing out while the MC was talking and talking... and talking.... and it was HOT
                            The hammer and the stakes, eh? Brutal.

And the MC and his crazy coyote howls ... I am a commitment to myself that if he is on the headstaff again, they better have someone else to provide sound support.

Comment

lighting in and around the arena was not all that great. but that seems like the least of the worries..

from what i hear the ceremonial dont have enough cash to get off the ground. normally new mexico funds a great portion of the ceremonial and this year they (nm) set up a neat account for deposits and didnt make any. money they were counting on... if it all happens great, but i aint holding my breath
                              thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X