X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABENEWA KWE
    replied
    Originally posted by onca-pintada
    Did anyone see the SUPPOSEDLY big/bright Mars that everyone talked about??!!
    lol... my friend kept talking about it ... but i forget to even look .... wuz too tired!!!

Leave a comment:

• bahnisiain
    replied
    Originally posted by Smokin' Ace
    That's awesome news!!! I think that is very healthy...best of luck to you....and I hope you stay busy so this can catch on to all pow-wows!!! woo-hoo.....
    i didn't get the chance to the chair massage. my contact person ever got back to me as to where i was to set up. that was a serious bummer. i did work on a couple of peopel anyway. one of them gave me a really great opal and silver ring. i love it! last year i had worked on a couple of the cowboys from the rodeo for nothing. that night they gave me a gorgeous pendelton blanket for a thank you for working on them. i would love to see a national movement to have massage at pow wows.

Leave a comment:

• bushy_braids
    replied
    Originally posted by WhoMe
    Jason is full of notable quotes.

At the NMAI powwow he said, "Geez, I'm not used to nice powwows like this. I'm used to powwows where someone get's stabbed behind the speakers' stand! "
    haha, that musta been at crow fair... haha, jks...
    @ crow fair he was calling for security to come behind the speaker stand & he was like
    "SECURITY!!!! these two girls are fighting and the one that's winning isn't supposed to be so come break it up NOW!"

hahaha...

Leave a comment:

• WhoMe
    replied
    Originally posted by kgirl7
    hahaha, yeah that was a good one. I also liked when he announced that they weren't gonna shut the powwow down because of the fight and everyone cheered. He was like, "It's like we all won bingo at the same time!"

Jason is full of notable quotes.

At the NMAI powwow he said, "Geez, I'm not used to nice powwows like this. I'm used to powwows where someone get's stabbed behind the speakers' stand! "

Canadian humor.... you gotta' love it! ?

Leave a comment:

• onca-pintada
    replied
    Did anyone see the SUPPOSEDLY big/bright Mars that everyone talked about??!!

Leave a comment:

• **BubbleTrouble206**
    replied
    Who Won??!?

Leave a comment:

• ABENEWA KWE
    replied
    Originally posted by kgirl7
    hahaha, yeah that was a good one. I also liked when he announced that they weren't gonna shut the powwow down because of the fight and everyone cheered. He was like, "It's like we all won bingo at the same time!"

YEAH THAT WUZ A GOOD ONE TOO!!! HEH HEH HEH!!!

Leave a comment:

• ABENEWA KWE
    replied
    Originally posted by buckskin pantyhose
    Jason Goodstriker made a good point....they had reported that "gang members" had showed up at the powwow & started fighting & Jason says "HEY we dont show up at their gang meetings & have give-a-ways!" HOLAY...i nearly busted a rib from laughin so damn hard....goot one Jason!!

YEAH THAT WUZ FUNNNIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!

Leave a comment:

• kgirl7
    replied
    Originally posted by buckskin pantyhose
    Jason Goodstriker made a good point....they had reported that "gang members" had showed up at the powwow & started fighting & Jason says "HEY we dont show up at their gang meetings & have give-a-ways!" HOLAY...i nearly busted a rib from laughin so damn hard....goot one Jason!!

Leave a comment:

• KiowaGem
    replied
    That is too bad, but then now that makes Schemitzun a real rez pow wow, fights, police the whole shabang. Geez, what is this world coming too when that happens at Foxwoods. Next they need to embezzle and boot out their chairman, then they will have arrived. LOL

Leave a comment:

• katezninen
    replied
    Originally posted by cosmos
    A spokesperson for the Shinnecock Nation said two women who were believed to be Shinnecock were attacked. The rivalry stems from another fight that occurred a year ago in New York, The New London Day reported.
    So many stories...I sware. The whole "brawl" was so stupid.People need to grow up and move on with the lifes, Dammit.!! The sad part of the story was these women werent even from the Shinnecok Nation, but have relations with shinnecocks. I spoke to both of the women right after the fight happened. It was so crazy that night....All of that was so pointless...and 200 folks.....

Leave a comment:

• rkbtmeyb
    replied
    When a white person is in the spot light...He is a celeberity. When a Native American is in the spot light.......He is going to Jail. HO HO
    Dale cracks me up! LOL

Leave a comment:

• Red Dawn
    replied
    Wow, I'm still in school and we have stupid people who join gangs and stuff. For them to do this at a powwow is not cool, 50cal told us we should have respect for whoever no matter what they do but this isn't right.

Leave a comment:

• buckskin pantyhose
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cosmos
    replied
    Courtesy of INDIANZ.COM

Originally posted by bushy_braids
    supposedly some kidds were gettin' rowdy and there was a fight near the vendors so they closed down all the booths cause i guess some local "gangs" were comin' out...
    it was pretty crazy though - there was security EVERYWHERE... they were gonna end w/the jr. adult women categories & finish the next day but i guess they let the pw go on, closed the booths & surrounded the joint w/security

Powwow fight said to stem from tribal rivalry
    Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A fight that broke out at the Schemitzun Powwow is said to be tied to a rivalry between members of the Narragansett Tribe of Rhode Island and members of the Shinnecock Nation of New York.

The fight occurred on Saturday evening and involved members of both tribes, according to police. A spokesperson for the Shinnecock Nation said two women who were believed to be Shinnecock were attacked. The rivalry stems from another fight that occurred a year ago in New York, The New London Day reported.

Police are investigating but witnesses have not been cooperating, a local sergeant said. Eight police departments, including the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation, the host of the powwow, responded to the incident.

Police presence was beefed up after the fight. No altercations were reported after Saturday night.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X