No announcement yet.

UCLA, May 21 and 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I'm gonna pull out the Mapqueast and find the back roads! 405 - LA's parking lot!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

If you're close to Sepulveda you could coast alongside of the freeway. That used to save me time and stress when I was an undergrad.
      Poetry is life in print.

https://poetryislifeinprint.wordpress.com/

https://www.facebook.com/KarlieCharlesSoftball/

Comment

Last year, we kept getting lost around the area. We argued with the parking lot attendant at Ralph's. LA is the only place you can see a parking lot attendant at a Ralph's. But this powwow was fun. Good drums too.
        Fall down 7 times, get up 8. MY FAMOUS WORDS.

Comment

I'm gonna be in Cali
          I'm gonna be in Cali
          I'm gonna be in Cali

*L*.. I hope it ain't too hot for this Northern Gal!!! OOoh well... I'm sooo looking forward to this pow wow. It'll be my first time there.... I've got all my outfits all planned out already.. jkz... 10 More days!!
          ~* Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to *~

Comment

Well come on down!!!!!!!
            Poetry is life in print.

Comment

I think my mom is gonna be there, lucky duck!!! Wish I could go and support my boys Stoney Creek and finally meet Homalosa! But I gotta work, hope yall have LOTS of fun at this powwow!! Safe Travels to all those going!

Comment

Originally posted by Homalosa
                Lawdamurcy!!!!!!!!!!!
                hahaha... ya crazy gal!
                i sure wish i was goin' to this one... neva been - but i'm sure the creek crew will represent!
                "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Comment

Originally posted by bushy_braids
                  hahaha... ya crazy gal!
                  i sure wish i was goin' to this one... neva been - but i'm sure the creek crew will represent!

Dang girl u know we will... sorry to hear u can't make it... I will tape it for ya and we can meet up for lunch....

On the other hand. Never been to the west coast and so looking forward to it. May even dance there. Who knows
                  Ancial
                  StoneyCreekSingers.com

Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt, and Dance like no one is watching.

Comment

Originally posted by []FlyByNyte[]
                    I will tape it for ya and we can meet up for lunch....
                    omg - what a GREAT idea... do it! do it! i'd lubb to watch the tape! just be sure to get the 49's too ;)
                    "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Comment

Well come on down!!!!!!!
                      Wanna be our tour guide? You can show us all the wicked fabric stores... LOL... I hear they have some good prices!! :p

~* Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to *~

Comment

Originally posted by bushy_braids
                        omg - what a GREAT idea... do it! do it! i'd lubb to watch the tape! just be sure to get the 49's too ;)

I am lodging my protest of any videotaping of any 49s that may or may not occur during the UCLA powwow. As a future officer of the court....forget.....

*goes into highpitched lumbee girl voice*

well dang....Junyah...you cannot do that......pleaseeeeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by JingleJammer
                          I think my mom is gonna be there, lucky duck!!! Wish I could go and support my boys Stoney Creek and finally meet Homalosa! But I gotta work, hope yall have LOTS of fun at this powwow!! Safe Travels to all those going!

Tell your mom to look for me I'll send you and Miss Lady hugs through her! Lululu and Oo-oop anyway!
                          Poetry is life in print.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivypi
                            I am lodging my protest of any videotaping of any 49s that may or may not occur during the UCLA powwow. As a future officer of the court....forget.....

*goes into highpitched lumbee girl voice*

well dang....Junyah...you cannot do that......pleaseeeeeeeee

Now look,
                            Y'all Cackyalacky Skins (didn't know Homa is country like that didya?) are welcome to make L.A. your home for the weekend, but if you make L.A. the new Vegas (what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas) don't come crying to me. I aint bailing out no Indins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Poetry is life in print.

Comment

LA is LA and NC is NC

Now look,
                              Y'all Cackyalacky Skins (didn't know Homa is country like that didya?) are welcome to make L.A. your home for the weekend, but if you make L.A. the new Vegas (what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas) don't come crying to me. I aint bailing out no Indins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's been my mantra for 3 yrs...this is my last weekend of permanent residence in LA and I fully intend to make the best of it....watch out...that's all i gotta say...hahahaha

and can you imagine my mama if I had to call anybody to come bail me outta jail...hahaha....no jail time for me.....Shoot..I know my rights..

Comment

Originally posted by []FlyByNyte[]
                                Dang girl u know we will... sorry to hear u can't make it... I will tape it for ya and we can meet up for lunch....

On the other hand. Never been to the west coast and so looking forward to it. May even dance there. Who knows
                                Hey dude, you might remember me if you sang with SC back in the day, we used to hit up all those powwows back east.......my boys are planning on hitting up UCLA again this year.........so if I go, look me up.....or I'll look ya up whichever.....*L*
                                sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.