Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DANCINGEAGLE
    replied
    Glad to hear that y'all took care of my boys, Stoney Creek. I talked to a few of them this weekend and that told me that they had a real good time.

Leave a comment:

• oldstylegrass
    replied
    Awesome Time

i had an awesome time at this pow wow was singing with bear springs and dancing tradish ....awesome comp nice time while im out here in cali ....been here three weeks leaving in two its awesome out here

Leave a comment:

• hoka grasser
    replied
    Heyyyeee Way to Go DARNELL BAKER!
    YEAH, Stay Strong Bro!
    Hokaaah!!!

Leave a comment:

• Thestew
    replied
    And the Winners are...

So Sorry... been meaning to post the winners. Still trying to recover and get my voice back. Thanks to everyone who came out...hope you had a good time. Well, see you all next year. I'll be there...Director again. Still busting my ***...hopefully I wont loose my voice this time. So as for the winners.

Women's
    Northern Traditional
    1. Jacinta Tsosie
    2. Salina NoEar Todome
    3. Misty Blue Mesteth

Southern Traditional
    1. DaLynn Alley
    2. Leah McGurk
    3. Michelle Kauahquo

Jingle
    1. Acosia Leighton
    2. Tahnee Williams
    3. Cheryl Jacobs

Fancy
    1. Tawny Hale
    2. Naomi Powless
    3. Starr Robideau

Men's
    Northern Traditional
    1. Jr. LaPlante
    2. Nathan Lango
    3. Paris Leighton Sr.

Southern Traditional
    1. Allen Toppah
    2. Dennis Alley Jr.
    3. Frank L. Robbedeauy

Fancy
    1. Dennison Brown
    2. Skye McMichael
    3. Cecil Gray

Grass
    1. Marty Thurman
    2. Adam Nordwall
    3. Darnell Beker

OK. That's All I got time for now. If you all want the rest. (ie. teens and jr's) let me know. I can post them.

Leave a comment:

• tanksida
    replied
    Winners??

Um, like hello, it's been like 4 days since the powwow and I KNOW somebody has to know the winners...women's jingle and fancy atleast...Geez..c'mon now..Lol...Gee, not that bad I am with wanting to know who was there and won and what not..Lol...I miss you Cali...but I'm comin' home soon!!

Leave a comment:

• Grizzly
    replied
    ~Winners @ UCLA 2005~

Originally posted by uw_n8iv
    Who won at UCLA? If you have the time & remember some of the names, can you post them?;) I'd do it for you;)

Men's Northern Traditional:
    1. ? LaPointe or LaPlante... Sorry couldn't remember the name.
    2. Nathan Largo
    3. Paris Leighton

Women's Jingle:
    1. Acosia Leighton
    2. ?
    3. ?

Woman's Fancy:
    1. Tawny Hale
    2. ?
    3. ?

Men's Golden Age:
    1. Henry Allen
    2. Saginaw Grant
    3. ?

Sorry folks... Thats all I could remember.

Leave a comment:

• uw_n8iv
    replied
    Who won at UCLA? If you have the time & remember some of the names, can you post them?;) I'd do it for you;)

Leave a comment:

• []FlyByNyte[]
    replied
    Originally posted by bushy_braids
    omg - what a GREAT idea... do it! do it! i'd lubb to watch the tape! just be sure to get the 49's too ;)
    Sorry Bushy_Braids... i taped a total of 15 minutes all weekend.... i couldn't get anyone to record us so i basically gave up on recording. I did get some of the campus, Bel Air, and the great 405 parking lot.... hahaha.... Sizzortail, the 100 or so Aztecs.... Julio dancing in the back seat of Nay's car(LMFAO)... The beautiful powwow Dir. and some more little skits performed by da fellas...

Ok so it is a great 15 minutes of tape...

hahah

Leave a comment:

• Grizzly
    replied
    ~ucla 2005~

Originally posted by []FlyByNyte[]
    Grizzly -- Thanks man... all i can say is we tried to do a good job and it seems like it paid off. I hope you enjoy the cd. oh yeah... listened to the cd on the ride home from work, and to diner, and back home, and back to work this morning..... man that cd rocks.... i love the style... keep up the good work... Tell your cuz hi for me

F.B.N. Glad to hear ya'll made it back safe. Yep, listen to Sacrifice on the long back home... Dude it rocks! Kept me awake along with a few bottles of Starbucks...
    I'm glad to hear that you liked our CD as well. Thanks for the kind and encouraging words. HOKA! I'll let my cuz know... Tell your boyz to keep jammin! HOKA! See ya on the road!
    Last edited by Grizzly; 05-26-2005, 09:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Miss_Nish
    replied
    Originally posted by []FlyByNyte[]
    Glad you got to tour some... i'm still waiting to go see the ocean... i don't get it... In Venice... a mile from the water... and all i get is a no....

But of course it was good seeing you as it always is Miss Nish...
    We thought of you the whole time!!!! I think that was the plan that morning.... to bring u to the beach before ur flight.. but... I'm not sure what happened. You were already at the airport!!

One day... you'll get to see the Pacific...

Leave a comment:

• uw_n8iv
    replied
    U talking about Jesse Higheagle? I guess she made it onto Canadian Idol. Did she place in womens jingle?

Leave a comment:

• Homalosa
    replied
    Oh and how 'bout baby girl from Canada singing Alicia Keys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang, I got goosebumps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody said I didn't know how to lulu (what the hell???) but I lulu'd for miss lady anyway. And she handled her business in her jingle contest too!!!!!!!!!!!!

and another thing.....Y'all jingle dress dancers sure had some pretty dresses. Made me wanna dance northern!

Leave a comment:

• []FlyByNyte[]
    replied
    Originally posted by Miss_Nish
    Meegwetc/Thanx to ya luffly ladiez for takin' us on a tour of LA.
    Glad you got to tour some... i'm still waiting to go see the ocean... i don't get it... In Venice... a mile from the water... and all i get is a no....

But of course it was good seeing you as it always is Miss Nish...

Grizzly -- Thanks man... all i can say is we tried to do a good job and it seems like it paid off. I hope you enjoy the cd. oh yeah... listened to the cd on the ride home from work, and to diner, and back home, and back to work this morning..... man that cd rocks.... i love the style... keep up the good work... Tell your cuz hi for me

O_C_O -- Finally got to meet...hehe

UCLA powwow commitee -- Thank you for a great time and for having us.

Leave a comment:

• Ivypi
    replied
    any time any time

It was truly an honor...hahahah..venice beach will never be the same. It never saw so many natives in the same place...

A lot of things in that place needed more clothes and less biceps.....the men at muscle city, the chick with three shoulders, and some of the souveniers...hahaah

It was good have ya'll here....and you always have a place in Lumbee land...wooohhoooo...plane's leaving in a few hours...

See ya on the trail

Originally posted by Miss_Nish
    *Renee impression* Daaaaaang Giiaawwd.. *L* Not Even!!! Your car was super spotless... not even a tiny smudge. :-) I was almost tempted to take a quickie cruize when we got them chairs outta ur car!!! But I wanted to live to see the rest of the weekend.. It was great to meet u and sweet lil' Renee. Meegwetc/Thanx to ya luffly ladiez for takin' us on a tour of LA. As for Muscle City... GAWD... them boyz need to put some shorts on!!

Happy Birthday Girlee!! Good Luck and Safe Travels back to the Motherland

Heck ya!! Ditto to what OCO said. Marty.. it was an honor to record... I hope I didn't cut off any songs!!

Leave a comment:

• Miss_Nish
    replied
    Originally posted by Ivypi
    Just look for the NC ndn plates...on a VERY dirty truck..hahah
    *Renee impression* Daaaaaang Giiaawwd.. *L* Not Even!!! Your car was super spotless... not even a tiny smudge. :-) I was almost tempted to take a quickie cruize when we got them chairs outta ur car!!! But I wanted to live to see the rest of the weekend.. It was great to meet u and sweet lil' Renee. Meegwetc/Thanx to ya luffly ladiez for takin' us on a tour of LA. As for Muscle City... GAWD... them boyz need to put some shorts on!!

Happy Birthday Girlee!! Good Luck and Safe Travels back to the Motherland

Originally posted by One_Chey_Ojib
    Much love to Stoney Creek you guyz kicked a$$!!!!!!! It was good to kick it with old friends. See you boys soon.

Sizzertail was jamming this weekend too.

It was darn hot on Saturday though.
    Heck ya!! Ditto to what OCO said. Marty.. it was an honor to record... I hope I didn't cut off any songs!!

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.