Stanford Powwow Rresults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanford Powwow Rresults

Anybody got the result to Stanford powwow, i was only there on Saturday and had to leave early Sunday......and Bad Nation sounded really, really, really, Bad!! (as in good)

All attendees, must still be en route. Hope everyone makes it home safely. And someone post winners soon.

Comment

Off of ndnsports.com

Well Stanford was alright this year. Not as big as usual. Most catergories were small with the exception of men's grass & traditional. Rained a little on Sunday but not as bad as expected. all in all a good turn out though. Here's what I can remember about winners:

Womens:

Fancy 1- Tawny Hale 2- Carol Meltingtallow 3- Crystalena Pacheco 4- Leslie Barachello

Jingle 1- Me!!! Yay 2- Rashawn Morgan 3- Tahnee Williams 4- Felicia Lone Bear

So. Trad- 1-Daylynn Alley 2- Sophie Lynn Tsotsie 3- ? Alboa 4- Leah McGurk

No. Trad- 1- Celina NoEar Todome 2- Amber OldHorn 3- Teresa Hunt 4- Cruz Hernandez

Mens:

Fancy- 1- Wayne Silas Jr 2- Doug Schoffield 3- Jaron Tso 4- ???

Grass- 1- AJ Redman 2- Quanah LaRose 3 & 4 Caleb Baker and Marty Thurman but I forgot the order, Sorry Guys!!!

so. Straight- 1- Eddie Roubideux 2- Matt Sheka 3- Kid Otoerious Himself!!! 4- ???

No.Trad- 1- Merle EagleSpeaker 2- Ardell Scalplock 3- Paris Leighton 4- A crow Dancer- Sorry forgot the name

They had alot of specials:

Mens fancy one winner: Doug Scholfield

Men's Straight one winner: Matt Sheka

Men's Grass one winner: AJ Redman

Womens all catergories one winner in each: Tawny Hale(fancy), Acosia Redelk(jingle), Lynn Tsotsie(southern), Amber Oldhorn(northern)

Toni Tsatoke Special (Team Dance) Acosia Redelk, Henrietta Scalplock and JoVelle Pacheco. (it was so much fun)!!!!

Rusty Gillette Grass Dance Special: 1- AJ Redman 2-Colton??? 3- Caleb Baker

Tiny Tot special- Noralene Scalplock

Switch Dance- So FRIGGIN HILARIOUS!!!!! Way to go Wayne and Sean you guys sure put on a good show and had the crowd rollin'!!!!! 1- Wayne Silas 2- Sean Spicer 3- Carol Meltingtallow

Anyways this is what i can remember... i'll do teens in a minute... laters

Comment

~Stanford Powwow Results~

Originally posted by 49in_ndn
        Off of ndnsports.com

Well Stanford was alright this year. Not as big as usual. Most catergories were small with the exception of men's grass & traditional. Rained a little on Sunday but not as bad as expected. all in all a good turn out though. Here's what I can remember about winners:

Womens:

Fancy 1- Tawny Hale 2- Carol Meltingtallow 3- Crystalena Pacheco 4- Leslie Barachello

Jingle 1- Me!!! Yay 2- Rashawn Morgan 3- Tahnee Williams 4- Felicia Lone Bear

So. Trad- 1-Daylynn Alley 2- Sophie Lynn Tsotsie 3- ? Alboa 4- Leah McGurk

No. Trad- 1- Celina NoEar Todome 2- Amber OldHorn 3- Teresa Hunt 4- Cruz Hernandez

Mens:

Fancy- 1- Wayne Silas Jr 2- Doug Schoffield 3- Jaron Tso 4- ???

Grass- 1- AJ Redman 2- Quanah LaRose 3 & 4 Caleb Baker and Marty Thurman but I forgot the order, Sorry Guys!!!

so. Straight- 1- Eddie Roubideux 2- Matt Sheka 3- Kid Otoerious Himself!!! 4- ???

No.Trad- 1- Merle EagleSpeaker 2- Ardell Scalplock 3- Paris Leighton 4- A crow Dancer- Sorry forgot the name

They had alot of specials:

Mens fancy one winner: Doug Scholfield

Men's Straight one winner: Matt Sheka

Men's Grass one winner: AJ Redman

Womens all catergories one winner in each: Tawny Hale(fancy), Acosia Redelk(jingle), Lynn Tsotsie(southern), Amber Oldhorn(northern)

Toni Tsatoke Special (Team Dance) Acosia Redelk, Henrietta Scalplock and JoVelle Pacheco. (it was so much fun)!!!!

Rusty Gillette Grass Dance Special: 1- AJ Redman 2-Colton??? 3- Caleb Baker

Tiny Tot special- Noralene Scalplock

Switch Dance- So FRIGGIN HILARIOUS!!!!! Way to go Wayne and Sean you guys sure put on a good show and had the crowd rollin'!!!!! 1- Wayne Silas 2- Sean Spicer 3- Carol Meltingtallow

Anyways this is what i can remember... i'll do teens in a minute... laters

Dang, sounds like a good turn out. Congrats! to all the winners. What drums showed and who all placed?
        **"Father eagle will always guide and protect."**

Comment

49in ndn... are you acosia?

and besides bad nation who else showed? i heard eyabay was headed thata way...
          thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

If it's her, she won't tell you? That's the secret of pwz.com, you keep a low profile and we figure each other out.

Anyway, congrats to all the winners. Sounds like ya'll had a blast. Miss them Cali powwows.
            Fall down 7 times, get up 8. MY FAMOUS WORDS.

Comment

BAD NATION,took first,
              THA TRIBE, took second
              RED HOOP, took third.

Sorry didn't get to hear Southern Drum winners.

Let's see the drums that were there,
              Southern Express,ManKillers,Red Buffalo,
              sorry can't remember and i was there for the three days.Congradulation to ALL the winners.
              Last edited by Shygirl; 05-09-2005, 10:43 PM.

Comment

I think that post by 49in NDN came from a post on NDNsports, cuz those were Henrietta Scalplock's EXACT words..anyway she said that the tabulations were screwed up on ..on accident and they gave Acosia her cash for 2nd..but thats the scoop..LOL anway I bet this powwow is cool, I've NEVER EVER been there..I wanna check out the area..and my homie Michelle K. she plays rugby for standford!!! GO MESHEL!!!!
                Nuwa-nu!!..Look at the Yummy Yaha's!!mmmm..mmm Real injun food!!
                Agai-Dika from the great state of potatoes (Lemhi Shoshone-Bannock). So Don't panic, I'm Bannock. P.S. heres my quote: uncle Gary Abrahamson "Don't sweat the petty things, Pet the sweat things!"
                :character:merrychri:eyelashes:eyelashes:eyelashes :eyelashes:
                eyelashes:eyelashes:eyelashes:eyelashes:eyelashes: eyelashes:
                eyelashes:eyelashes:eyelashes:eyelashes:eyelashes

Comment

During the powwow they announced that Stanford won the National Rugby title, and that there are three stanford n8ives on the team.GO CARDINALS!! (I think they're the cardinals eh??:)

There weren't as many people at the powwow as I thought there would be, but the dancers and singers that were there..were all TOP NOTCH - the contests were awesome to watch.

Congratulations to Tawny for winning the special and women's fancy category!:)
                  there's no "i" in Yakama

My Website

Comment

Originally posted by Shygirl
                    BAD NATION,took first,
                    THA TRIBE, took second
                    RED HOOP, took third.

sorry can't remember and i was there for the three days.Congradulation to ALL the winners.
                    Southern Express - 1st
                    Red Buffalo - 2nd
                    Southern Medicine - 3rd

Mankillers were not in the singing contest. It worked out that all of the drums that signed up placed.

Comment

Originally posted by woggs
                      I think that post by 49in NDN came from a post on NDNsports, cuz those were Henrietta Scalplock's EXACT words..anyway she said that the tabulations were screwed up on ..on accident and they gave Acosia her cash for 2nd..but thats the scoop..LOL anway I bet this powwow is cool, I've NEVER EVER been there..I wanna check out the area..and my homie Michelle K. she plays rugby for standford!!! GO MESHEL!!!!
                      Nope sorry not acosia... and yup I got the winners off ndnsports...

Comment

Originally posted by uw_n8iv
                        There weren't as many people at the powwow as I thought there would be, but the dancers and singers that were there..were all TOP NOTCH - the contests were awesome to watch.
                        I BET! i would have lubbed to have been there!
                        seems to be growin' each year and there's always great dancers/singers there... only ever been once, but i hope to return!
                        "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Comment

So did they have the 49 at the same spot on campus? Stanford had some good 49 times.. lol

Comment

~Drums @ Stanford~

Originally posted by Shygirl
                            BAD NATION,took first,
                            THA TRIBE, took second
                            RED HOOP, took third.

Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno
                            Southern Express - 1st
                            Red Buffalo - 2nd
                            Southern Medicine - 3rd

Mankillers were not in the singing contest. It worked out that all of the drums that signed up placed.

Thanks for the info. HOKA to all the drums that showed!
                            **"Father eagle will always guide and protect."**

Comment

Originally posted by 49in_ndn
                              So did they have the 49 at the same spot on campus? Stanford had some good 49 times.. lol
                              There was some 49 activity, but the organizers of the powwow shut them down at some point. Then people had to walk or ride the cab back to their hotels.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.