Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stanford Powwow Rresults

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stanford Powwow Rresults

    Anybody got the result to Stanford powwow, i was only there on Saturday and had to leave early Sunday......and Bad Nation sounded really, really, really, Bad!! (as in good)

  • #2
    All attendees, must still be en route. Hope everyone makes it home safely. And someone post winners soon.

    Comment


    • #3
      Off of ndnsports.com

      Well Stanford was alright this year. Not as big as usual. Most catergories were small with the exception of men's grass & traditional. Rained a little on Sunday but not as bad as expected. all in all a good turn out though. Here's what I can remember about winners:


      Womens:

      Fancy 1- Tawny Hale 2- Carol Meltingtallow 3- Crystalena Pacheco 4- Leslie Barachello

      Jingle 1- Me!!! Yay 2- Rashawn Morgan 3- Tahnee Williams 4- Felicia Lone Bear

      So. Trad- 1-Daylynn Alley 2- Sophie Lynn Tsotsie 3- ? Alboa 4- Leah McGurk

      No. Trad- 1- Celina NoEar Todome 2- Amber OldHorn 3- Teresa Hunt 4- Cruz Hernandez

      Mens:

      Fancy- 1- Wayne Silas Jr 2- Doug Schoffield 3- Jaron Tso 4- ???

      Grass- 1- AJ Redman 2- Quanah LaRose 3 & 4 Caleb Baker and Marty Thurman but I forgot the order, Sorry Guys!!!

      so. Straight- 1- Eddie Roubideux 2- Matt Sheka 3- Kid Otoerious Himself!!! 4- ???

      No.Trad- 1- Merle EagleSpeaker 2- Ardell Scalplock 3- Paris Leighton 4- A crow Dancer- Sorry forgot the name

      They had alot of specials:

      Mens fancy one winner: Doug Scholfield

      Men's Straight one winner: Matt Sheka

      Men's Grass one winner: AJ Redman

      Womens all catergories one winner in each: Tawny Hale(fancy), Acosia Redelk(jingle), Lynn Tsotsie(southern), Amber Oldhorn(northern)

      Toni Tsatoke Special (Team Dance) Acosia Redelk, Henrietta Scalplock and JoVelle Pacheco. (it was so much fun)!!!!

      Rusty Gillette Grass Dance Special: 1- AJ Redman 2-Colton??? 3- Caleb Baker

      Tiny Tot special- Noralene Scalplock

      Switch Dance- So FRIGGIN HILARIOUS!!!!! Way to go Wayne and Sean you guys sure put on a good show and had the crowd rollin'!!!!! 1- Wayne Silas 2- Sean Spicer 3- Carol Meltingtallow

      Anyways this is what i can remember... i'll do teens in a minute... laters

      Comment


      • #4
        ~Stanford Powwow Results~

        Originally posted by 49in_ndn
        Off of ndnsports.com

        Well Stanford was alright this year. Not as big as usual. Most catergories were small with the exception of men's grass & traditional. Rained a little on Sunday but not as bad as expected. all in all a good turn out though. Here's what I can remember about winners:


        Womens:

        Fancy 1- Tawny Hale 2- Carol Meltingtallow 3- Crystalena Pacheco 4- Leslie Barachello

        Jingle 1- Me!!! Yay 2- Rashawn Morgan 3- Tahnee Williams 4- Felicia Lone Bear

        So. Trad- 1-Daylynn Alley 2- Sophie Lynn Tsotsie 3- ? Alboa 4- Leah McGurk

        No. Trad- 1- Celina NoEar Todome 2- Amber OldHorn 3- Teresa Hunt 4- Cruz Hernandez

        Mens:

        Fancy- 1- Wayne Silas Jr 2- Doug Schoffield 3- Jaron Tso 4- ???

        Grass- 1- AJ Redman 2- Quanah LaRose 3 & 4 Caleb Baker and Marty Thurman but I forgot the order, Sorry Guys!!!

        so. Straight- 1- Eddie Roubideux 2- Matt Sheka 3- Kid Otoerious Himself!!! 4- ???

        No.Trad- 1- Merle EagleSpeaker 2- Ardell Scalplock 3- Paris Leighton 4- A crow Dancer- Sorry forgot the name

        They had alot of specials:

        Mens fancy one winner: Doug Scholfield

        Men's Straight one winner: Matt Sheka

        Men's Grass one winner: AJ Redman

        Womens all catergories one winner in each: Tawny Hale(fancy), Acosia Redelk(jingle), Lynn Tsotsie(southern), Amber Oldhorn(northern)

        Toni Tsatoke Special (Team Dance) Acosia Redelk, Henrietta Scalplock and JoVelle Pacheco. (it was so much fun)!!!!

        Rusty Gillette Grass Dance Special: 1- AJ Redman 2-Colton??? 3- Caleb Baker

        Tiny Tot special- Noralene Scalplock

        Switch Dance- So FRIGGIN HILARIOUS!!!!! Way to go Wayne and Sean you guys sure put on a good show and had the crowd rollin'!!!!! 1- Wayne Silas 2- Sean Spicer 3- Carol Meltingtallow

        Anyways this is what i can remember... i'll do teens in a minute... laters

        Dang, sounds like a good turn out. Congrats! to all the winners. What drums showed and who all placed?
        **"Father eagle will always guide and protect."**

        Comment


        • #5
          49in ndn... are you acosia?

          and besides bad nation who else showed? i heard eyabay was headed thata way...
          thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

          *RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

          Comment


          • #6
            If it's her, she won't tell you? That's the secret of pwz.com, you keep a low profile and we figure each other out.

            Anyway, congrats to all the winners. Sounds like ya'll had a blast. Miss them Cali powwows.
            Fall down 7 times, get up 8. MY FAMOUS WORDS.

            Comment


            • #7
              BAD NATION,took first,
              THA TRIBE, took second
              RED HOOP, took third.

              Sorry didn't get to hear Southern Drum winners.

              Let's see the drums that were there,
              Southern Express,ManKillers,Red Buffalo,
              sorry can't remember and i was there for the three days.Congradulation to ALL the winners.
              Last edited by Shygirl; 05-09-2005, 10:43 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                I think that post by 49in NDN came from a post on NDNsports, cuz those were Henrietta Scalplock's EXACT words..anyway she said that the tabulations were screwed up on ..on accident and they gave Acosia her cash for 2nd..but thats the scoop..LOL anway I bet this powwow is cool, I've NEVER EVER been there..I wanna check out the area..and my homie Michelle K. she plays rugby for standford!!! GO MESHEL!!!!
                Nuwa-nu!!..Look at the Yummy Yaha's!!mmmm..mmm Real injun food!!
                Agai-Dika from the great state of potatoes (Lemhi Shoshone-Bannock). So Don't panic, I'm Bannock. P.S. heres my quote: uncle Gary Abrahamson "Don't sweat the petty things, Pet the sweat things!"
                :character:merrychri:eyelashes:eyelashes:eyelashes :eyelashes:
                eyelashes:eyelashes:eyelashes:eyelashes:eyelashes: eyelashes:
                eyelashes:eyelashes:eyelashes:eyelashes:eyelashes

                Comment


                • #9
                  During the powwow they announced that Stanford won the National Rugby title, and that there are three stanford n8ives on the team.GO CARDINALS!! (I think they're the cardinals eh??:)

                  There weren't as many people at the powwow as I thought there would be, but the dancers and singers that were there..were all TOP NOTCH - the contests were awesome to watch.

                  Congratulations to Tawny for winning the special and women's fancy category!:)
                  there's no "i" in Yakama

                  My Website

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Shygirl
                    BAD NATION,took first,
                    THA TRIBE, took second
                    RED HOOP, took third.

                    Sorry didn't get to hear Southern Drum winners.

                    Let's see the drums that were there,
                    Southern Express,ManKillers,Red Buffalo,
                    sorry can't remember and i was there for the three days.Congradulation to ALL the winners.
                    Southern Express - 1st
                    Red Buffalo - 2nd
                    Southern Medicine - 3rd

                    Mankillers were not in the singing contest. It worked out that all of the drums that signed up placed.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by woggs
                      I think that post by 49in NDN came from a post on NDNsports, cuz those were Henrietta Scalplock's EXACT words..anyway she said that the tabulations were screwed up on ..on accident and they gave Acosia her cash for 2nd..but thats the scoop..LOL anway I bet this powwow is cool, I've NEVER EVER been there..I wanna check out the area..and my homie Michelle K. she plays rugby for standford!!! GO MESHEL!!!!
                      Nope sorry not acosia... and yup I got the winners off ndnsports...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by uw_n8iv
                        There weren't as many people at the powwow as I thought there would be, but the dancers and singers that were there..were all TOP NOTCH - the contests were awesome to watch.
                        I BET! i would have lubbed to have been there!
                        seems to be growin' each year and there's always great dancers/singers there... only ever been once, but i hope to return!
                        "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          So did they have the 49 at the same spot on campus? Stanford had some good 49 times.. lol

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            ~Drums @ Stanford~

                            Originally posted by Shygirl
                            BAD NATION,took first,
                            THA TRIBE, took second
                            RED HOOP, took third.

                            Sorry didn't get to hear Southern Drum winners.

                            Let's see the drums that were there,
                            Southern Express,ManKillers,Red Buffalo,
                            sorry can't remember and i was there for the three days.Congradulation to ALL the winners.

                            Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno
                            Southern Express - 1st
                            Red Buffalo - 2nd
                            Southern Medicine - 3rd

                            Mankillers were not in the singing contest. It worked out that all of the drums that signed up placed.

                            Thanks for the info. HOKA to all the drums that showed!
                            **"Father eagle will always guide and protect."**

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 49in_ndn
                              So did they have the 49 at the same spot on campus? Stanford had some good 49 times.. lol
                              There was some 49 activity, but the organizers of the powwow shut them down at some point. Then people had to walk or ride the cab back to their hotels.

                              Comment

                              Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              • NDNQt
                                Richmond, VA Winners
                                by NDNQt
                                I know there was a lot of people upset about registration going up but hey the price of the building went up so Barry had to charge people at the door more and the dancers. Remember, this isn't a non-profit organization having a powwow, it is a person.

                                Anyway, here are the winners:...
                                11-16-2009, 10:46 AM
                              • snaggable_4u
                                any1 FT Lewis powwow
                                by snaggable_4u
                                any1 kno how Fort Lewis went? would have gone this year but funds are short :(
                                03-31-2008, 02:20 AM
                              • kneegrow_native
                                Usk Results
                                by kneegrow_native
                                Pretty decent pow-wow this year. Word must've gotten out that this pow-wow pays good money and hasn't had the best of competition.

                                No drum contest, you had the best of the locals (which wasn't too bad) and the host drum Black Lodge.

                                Here are some of the winners
                                ...
                                08-09-2004, 12:47 AM
                              • Smeshigaud
                                Wiky winners???
                                by Smeshigaud
                                Can someone please post the winners from Wiky?

                                Thanks.
                                07-31-2005, 10:55 PM
                              • suthernwaterbird
                                Mayetta Results????
                                by suthernwaterbird
                                Come on folks this is what we have al been wondering. Who won>??
                                06-13-2005, 03:06 PM

                              Trending

                              Collapse

                              There are no results that meet this criteria.

                              Sidebar Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X