Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quapaw Powwow!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Quapaw Powwow!!!

    YES QUAPAW Powwow is having contests and big prize money as well.

    Prize money:
    Golden Age & Senior Divisions>> 1st. $1000; 2nd. $600; 3rd. $400
    Teens>> 1st. $600; 2nd. $400; 3rd. $200
    Juniors>> 1st. $400; 2nd. $200; 3rd. $100
    Tiny Tots>>undetermined at this time but there will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd
    Shell Shakers & Leaders>>1st. $600; 2nd. $400; 3rd. $200
    49 Contest>>1st. $600; 2nd. $400; 3rd. $200

    Rations will be given out to campers

    Headman: Jason "Beaver" Hamilton
    Headlady: Michelle Bible


    Quapaw Powwow is located at the tribal complex and grounds in Quapaw Oklahoma. 4th of July weekend!

  • #2
    Last edited by dreams4u; 01-04-2006, 10:53 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thunderbird is the weekend before, June 24-26 this year. Why they did that I have no idea. I haven't been to Quapaw in a long time. I think we are going to try to go to Sisseton, they have southern this year. I heard it really hot there too.
      may just stay home. haha
      I am thankful for my grandparents, my parents, my brothers, my aunties and uncles, my children, my companion and all of those who influenced me to be strong and proud of being who I am and where I come from. Knowledge is power

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by daxim_maio
        YES QUAPAW Powwow is having contests and big prize money as well.

        Prize money:
        Golden Age & Senior Divisions>> 1st. $1000; 2nd. $600; 3rd. $400
        Teens>> 1st. $600; 2nd. $400; 3rd. $200
        Juniors>> 1st. $400; 2nd. $200; 3rd. $100
        Tiny Tots>>undetermined at this time but there will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd
        Shell Shakers & Leaders>>1st. $600; 2nd. $400; 3rd. $200
        49 Contest>>1st. $600; 2nd. $400; 3rd. $200

        Rations will be given out to campers

        Headman: Jason "Beaver" Hamilton
        Headlady: Michelle Bible


        Quapaw Powwow is located at the tribal complex and grounds in Quapaw Oklahoma. 4th of July weekend!
        what ages are the Senior division?

        Comment


        • #5
          hmmm....interesting, if i didnt come back home 3 weeks laters i'd go to that powwow, never been to the actual powwow, been to the grounds with my aunts and my grandma, but hmm....maybe next year, but if the stuff up there is true, it might be worth it to cruise out there and see whats up.....will have to think....
          Are you taking me to sizzler??

          Comment


          • #6
            We are considering this pow wow. Does anyone have any details???? I have been calling the contact number, but haven't been able to reach anyone.
            My girls all want to go to this one, so they pretty much are our lives and if they want to go...then we are headed that way. LOL
            Please someone, get some details: grand entry times, hotels, point system??, it looks to be a four day pow wow. Let me know, please. Sandy
            I am thankful for my grandparents, my parents, my brothers, my aunties and uncles, my children, my companion and all of those who influenced me to be strong and proud of being who I am and where I come from. Knowledge is power

            Comment


            • #7
              more info on Quapaw

              to answer some of your questions.
              Grand Entry July 1 7pm
              July 2 & 3 8 pm
              July 4 7pm

              Quapaw does not have a Motel but there are five motels in Miami Oklahoma. Appox. 15 miles from the dance. And there are a few camp spots for visitors available at the powwow grounds with water and electric. first come gets the spots. Rations will be given out on the morning of July 2 & 3.
              Hope this helps.
              Everyone is welcome to celebrate with the Quapaw Tribe.

              Comment


              • #8
                Oops, my bad

                Sorry wrong time
                Quapaw Powwow Friday July 1 Grand Entry 8 pm

                Comment


                • #9
                  If my twin didn't haffa work we would of dazzled the okie state. Won of these days we'll get dare. Dats wavesful of dinero though good luck to those who go.
                  dubble your pleasure~ surfs up babie~

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by minisuns
                    to answer some of your questions.
                    Grand Entry July 1 7pm
                    July 2 & 3 8 pm
                    July 4 7pm

                    Quapaw does not have a Motel but there are five motels in Miami Oklahoma. Appox. 15 miles from the dance. And there are a few camp spots for visitors available at the powwow grounds with water and electric. first come gets the spots. Rations will be given out on the morning of July 2 & 3.
                    Hope this helps.
                    Everyone is welcome to celebrate with the Quapaw Tribe.

                    Minisuns,

                    Can I get a vacation package that includes:

                    The Quapaw Powwow, lodging at the Townsman Motel, Dinner and slots at the Stables, Shopping at Buffalo Sun, fishing at the Twin Bridges and "Spook Light" hunting?
                    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by WhoMe
                      Minisuns,

                      Can I get a vacation package that includes:

                      The Quapaw Powwow, lodging at the Townsman Motel, Dinner and slots at the Stables, Shopping at Buffalo Sun, fishing at the Twin Bridges and "Spook Light" hunting?
                      I'm up for a shopping spree at Buffalo Sun.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If you are wanting to stay at a hotel in Miami- don't stay at the Townsman.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I am not quapaw but I have many quapaw friends and I have been going to this powwow for years, trust me, it is worth going to!!! I will fo sho be there!!! I commend Mrs. Billie Waters Rice for her efforts in putting this powwow on for the last 3 years (maybe 4??), she has done a danm fine job!!! However I think this year will be off the hook!!!! The prize money has never been this good, thanks to the Quapaw Casino!!!! This powwow is one of the oldest in indian country, with this year being its 133rd annual!!!! Hope to see many of you there, you WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED!!! hopefully some of those jammin drums will be traveling over this way???

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by sgenahey
                            I am not quapaw but I have many quapaw friends and I have been going to this powwow for years, trust me, it is worth going to!!! I will fo sho be there!!! I commend Mrs. Billie Waters Rice for her efforts in putting this powwow on for the last 3 years (maybe 4??), she has done a danm fine job!!! However I think this year will be off the hook!!!! The prize money has never been this good, thanks to the Quapaw Casino!!!! This powwow is one of the oldest in indian country, with this year being its 133rd annual!!!! Hope to see many of you there, you WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED!!! hopefully some of those jammin drums will be traveling over this way???
                            Prize money is good thanks to the casino. This is the 1st year the casino gave this kind of money toward the contests. There is NO DRUM CONTEST. There is NO ALL AROUND CONTESTS. There is NO SWITCH CONTEST There is NO SPECIAL DANCE CONTESTS. All head staff (except one) are local and tribal members. Dress cool cause it's hot!!!!!
                            Last edited by Wihey1; 07-27-2005, 05:16 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Wihey1
                              Billie is not MRS. anymore. ( Hasn't been going on three years) Prize money is good thanks to the casino. This is the 1st year the casino gave this kind of money toward the contests. There is NO DRUM CONTEST. There is NO ALL AROUND CONTESTS. There is NO SWITCH CONTEST There is NO SPECIAL DANCE CONTESTS. All head staff (except one) are local and tribal members. Dress cool cause it's hot!!!!!
                              I thought about the MRS. thing after I put that on there, I do know this as I am good friends with her and her whole family. I personely feel there is nothing at all wrong with the Head Staff being members of the Quapaw tribe, considering this is the Quapaw tribes celebration. I understand what your saying about there not being any special contests of any sort, and I for one have been hopeing that one of these years, one of these powwows around here will fork out some $$$$ for DRUM CONTEST, it would be nice to see some of those popular good drums here, instead of haveing to travel to see them (not that we don't have good singers here, but it wouldn't hurt to hear some differant ones). But what can you expect, maybe Billie will be running it again next year, anyhow none the less you have to admit they are haveing some GOOD prize money, and so I think this will be a good powwow this year!!! Are you from here???

                              Comment

                              Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              • NATIVEJAMMER
                                Woodland and Highplains Powwow, Moorhead,MN
                                by NATIVEJAMMER
                                16th Annual Woodlands And High Plains Powwow

                                Febuary 12, 2005, Concordia Collage

                                Moorhead, Minnesota

                                Grand Entries: 1:00 P.m. & 7:00 P.m.

                                Dance And Drum Registration Closes At 1:00 P.m.

                                Jack Pot Sining Contest Winner Takes...
                                02-03-2005, 03:24 AM
                              • Mato Winyan
                                Morongo -2006
                                by Mato Winyan

                                Senior Golden Age Men - Northern Traditional

                                1st $1,200 Lionel Boyer
                                2nd $1,000 Henry Allen

                                Senior Golden Age Men Southern Straight
                                1st $1,200 Les Hand
                                2nd $1,000 John Emhoolah
                                en Age Women - Northern Combined 3rd $800 Claudia L3rd $800 George...
                                10-04-2006, 08:48 AM
                              • roundabout
                                Hamilton Powwow
                                by roundabout
                                Just wanted to let all know who plan to attend the Hamilton powwow, that the committee has made it right with the head staff from last year, all is well and most will attend this year. Hope all you can make it to a great powwow.
                                11-08-2010, 10:22 PM
                              • Aaron
                                Montana's 53rd Annual North American Indian Days
                                by Aaron
                                53rd Annual North American Indian Days

                                July 8-11, 2004

                                Browning, Montana

                                sponsored by the Blackfeet tribe





                                Shawnie Skunkcap - Miss Blackfeet 2003

                                Master of Ceremonies

                                Jay St. Goddard...
                                06-11-2004, 04:15 PM
                              • mckay24
                                Does anybody know the winners in Peguis, Manitoba??
                                by mckay24
                                I was just wondering if anybody has the latest info on this powwow...
                                07-16-2004, 10:22 AM

                              Trending

                              Collapse

                              Sidebar Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X