into the west T.V. movie on TNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Into the West

Hello eveyone! Well, I would just like to agree with everyone but this topic of the Sundance misrepresentation. I would like to comment about "why does it have to be Lakotas, why can't it be about someone else." I agree with you, but I would like to say this. I maybe wrong or whatever, but that is what mainstream thinks of what "Indians" are. Imagery of "Indians" are the Lakota or plains people, that is what mainstream has given to us "Indians". If you are upset about it, and what to do something about it then attack the image of "Indians". Help to rid this earth of Mascots of "Indians". This image of "Indians" through mascots are effecting the youth of tomorrow. Children see the mascots and it gives the sight to see "Indians" as this one person. We need to start somewhere and I think it is here. It impacts the youth and young age and we work with the schools to amke a better education system about "Indians" as diverse people. If I am wrong then I am wrong. I guess I will wait you people's opinion on this reply. Sorry for defending anyone I did not mean to. PilaMaYaYo

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• CandaePrincess
      What would you do without IHS????
      by CandaePrincess
      Okay, so I hope everyone's heard about legislation that's been brought up about making EVERYONE carry insurance at work. I guess they're starting that in Mass. and hoping to make it a national policy in the upcoming future. Just curious as to how you as native people feel about it? I being native feel...
      05-02-2006, 03:52 PM
    • milehighsalute
      feast day
      by milehighsalute
      sorry, its NOT a pow-wow by any means
      ......but i recently went back to taos for our feast (san geronimo)......i hadnt been there in years and things have changed....white people....TONS of them.....well i guess they are welcome because they buy frybread at $4 and squash blossoms for $1500 a...
      10-05-2012, 10:36 PM
    • StereoTypicalHarley
      Am I a "Wannabe"?
      by StereoTypicalHarley

Ok, i've seen all these threads trashin "wanabe's", and I agree.

But here's my delimma:

I'm tsalagi, with no card, because for whatever reason my ancestors didn't sign the rolls. I have brown hair, green eyes and light freckles. I would...
      05-17-2008, 05:39 PM
    • ElderberryEyes
      Military Channel Commercial
      by ElderberryEyes
      I just seen a commercial for the new Military Channel last night and was quite offended by it. I forget how the commercial started but during it these words were came up...."Fewer Tribal Councils, More Explosions", then they showed aircrafts bombing areas. Anyone, what is you point of view...
      03-30-2005, 01:37 PM
    • smoke_dancer_20
      Native's who live in CANADA check this out!
      by smoke_dancer_20
      >>>WHO DOES THIS PERSON THINK THEY ARE?
      >>>I'm A ***** by Emily
      >>>Did you know that native americans in canada have a card that
      >>>allows them to
      >>>
      >>>buy things at a cheaper price. Its called a status card.
      02-15-2006, 02:15 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X