Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did anybody miss the Sweetwater Powwow as much as I did?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did anybody miss the Sweetwater Powwow as much as I did?

The sweetwater powwow was held in Douglasville, Georgia on father's day weekend. IT did not happen this year. Last year was the last one. I was there when they cleared the trees for the arena 10 years ago and just about every year since. unfortunately I missed the last two years of it due to moving with the army. my best friend would call me on the phone and pass it around to all of the people i was always used to seeing and 49ing with. she would also call and let me listen to the music esp when Cherokee Rose and Selena were singing. I just thought that i would post how much I missed that this past weekend. By the way if any of you know him G.T Martinez is my "adoptive" father :)
    Last edited by mreyna; 06-20-2005, 04:04 PM. Reason: misspelled a word

who are you? Sweetwater sucked last year because they wouldn't even let my mom in the door.
    bucwild2012

Comment

my name is melissa, i know that it was starting to not be so good because of things going on with the park itself. they wanted me to pay the last couple of times i went and i had never paid to get in. even working the frybread stand they wouldnt let you in. the last one i went to was in 2002 and everything had changed and was starting to change but Im going to miss being able to see all the people that usually were always there. I have my good memories and that will have to do.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X