Eastern Navajo Fair - July 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Navajo Fair - July 23

Does anyone really go to this particular fair for the powwow?

I didn't know that there was such a fair! LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno
      Does anyone really go to this particular fair for the powwow?
      IS THIS NDN SHINDIG IN CROWNPOINT? IF SO....I THOUGHT THE FAIR COMMITTEE SOMEWHAT DID AWAY WITH THE POWWOW. THATS MY UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT I HEARD LAST. BUT THEN AGAIN....ON THE OTHER HAND I MAY BE WRONG ABOUT THIS SITUATION.

Comment

Originally posted by BurBz
        I didn't know that there was such a fair! LMAO!
        This fair at Crownpoint is usually the morning star of the Navajo Nation Fairs. Someone posted limited powwow information on a one-day powwow during the fair. Just curious about it.

Comment

All the Navajo Nation Fairs have had or do have a powwow. It is up to the Fair Organizers each year to determine if there is going to be a powwow and any other events. Eastern Navajo Fair had a powwow last year. No it is not well attended, because no one really advertises.

The thing about the fairs is that who ever volunteers to coordinate a fair event will get (maybe) a very limited budget. It's up to the coordinator and committee to fundraise money to make their event/powwow better.

I'm glad they are having a powwow.

Comment

Originally posted by kiyaanii mom
            All the Navajo Nation Fairs have had or do have a powwow. It is up to the Fair Organizers each year to determine if there is going to be a powwow and any other events. Eastern Navajo Fair had a powwow last year. No it is not well attended, because no one really advertises.

The thing about the fairs is that who ever volunteers to coordinate a fair event will get (maybe) a very limited budget. It's up to the coordinator and committee to fundraise money to make their event/powwow better.

I'm glad they are having a powwow.
            Thank you K-mom. I know of one particular fair when the powwow coordinator didn't know what his budget was until Saturday afternoon. The powwow committee (family members of the coordinator) didn't do any fund raising at all and they had to make the best with what they got from the fair committee.

Comment

Crownpint is all about steer wrestling!!!! go to the rodeo and see some of the best there is.

i grew up there.

ahh those were the days.......
              thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X