Shinnecock Pow-Wow, Southampton, NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shinnecock Pow-Wow, Southampton, NY

Does anyone have any information on this powwow? prize money?? drum $$.

Sorry, all that I know is that it is held on the Shinnecock reservation during labor day weekend; grand entry is noon and 19:00 daily

Comment

This is a cool powwow as well........I remember setting up on top of the arena...for those of you who have been there, you know what I mean.....to others, check this place out it's cool........the arena is set on top of this mound like thing shaped like a drum and that's where they jam out........it's different........sure wish I could make it back east again and meet some of the people I got to know there once again.....anyway, fiddy sends a heads up!!
      sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

The Pow-wow is Sept 2-5. Grandentry is at 7pm on Friday and Noon and 7pm on Sat and Sun. Mon. Noon only Grandentry. Friday is a Native Concert. Registration is $10.

Will Get Prize Money Information For you ASAP!
        Sallie D

Comment

aw man i wish i could check this one out but ones coming up soon and going to this one too would be 'back-to-back' traveling .. i dont think so! lol ... someday! :D

Comment

Can someone email me with more info about this event... can't seem to find any online...

[email protected]

thanks!

Comment

I called the # listed, then they gave me another # to call and since then no one has called me back. I just want to know what the prize money is for dancers & drums. If anyone can help me out?

Comment

Here's the official info.. Sorry it took so long for me to get it.. Hope this helps everyone out..

59TH ANNUAL SHINNECOCK INDIAN POWWOW
                September 2, 3, 4, 5
                Rain or Shine
                Over 100 stands
                No Pets, No Alcoholic Beverages or Drugs Allowed
                Host Drum: Mystic River

Contest over $50,000 to be awarded
                Dance Registration Opens: Friday 4:30 PM and Closes Saturday 6:30 PM
                Dancers: Free Under 6 and over 60 $5.00 for ages 6 to 60
                Drum: $25.00
                Must show proff of Tribal affiliation adn/or age upon request
                Point system begins Friday 7:00 PM Grand Entry
                Hospitality Supper for Participants - Saturday adn Sunday 5:00 PM
                Camping for Dancers, Singers, Vendors (hot water showers)

Grand Entry: Friday: 7 PM
                Saturday 12 PM & 7 PM
                Sunday 12 PM & 7 PM
                Monday 12 PM

Men's Golden Age:Traditional & Eastern War Dance 1000 600 400 200
                Women's Golden Age: Traditional & Eastern Blanket Dance 1000 600 400 200
                Men's (18 & up): Northern, Southern Traditional, Grass, Fancy, Eastern War Dance 1000 600 400 200
                Women's (18 & up): Northern, Southern Traditional, Jingle, Fancy Shawl, Eastern Blanket Dance 1000 600 400 200
                Jr. Men's (12 - 17): Traditional, Grass, Fancy 500 300 200 100
                Jr. Women's (12 - 17): Traditional, Jingle, Fancy Shawl 500 300 200 100
                Boys (6 - 11): Traditional, Grass, Fancy 100 75 50 25
                Girl's (6 - 11): Traditional, Jingle, Fancy Shawl 100 75 50 25
                Drum Contest 3500 3000 2500 2000

Tom "Little Bear" Crippen Men;s Fancy Dance Memorial Contest - Trophy & Prize Money
                Charles K. Smith Memorial Men's Traditional Trophy Dance - Trophy & Prize Money

For futher Info call: (631) 283-6143 / (631) 204-9301 / (631) 283-3990
                Shinnecock Indian Nation
                Shinnecock Indain Reservation
                Church Street; PO Box 5006
                Southampton, NY 11969
                Sallie D

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

No problem
                    Sallie D

Comment

Are you going to be strict with your point system ? Because after what happened at DC alot of people are PO . I just want to make sure so that there arew no questions when and if we go.

Comment

Not sure how strict they will be with their point system.. Just passing on some info I got from them.. May want to call one of the contact numbers for that..
                        Sallie D

Comment

are they having a "smoke dance special" this year again????
                          -[]-[ ]-/\-[ ]-[]-

Comment

are they having a "smoke dance special " at this years powwow?

....cause i know they have in the past!!
                            -[]-[ ]-/\-[ ]-[]-

Comment

So is anyone going to Shinnecock this weekend??? Inquiring minds want to know. Does anyone know anything about the hotel situation up there. Some info will help a lot.

Tallinjun
                              I'm a Lover, not a Fighter!!!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.