Clear All

Originally posted by itsmebadoink
    what is the admission?
    an arm and a leg!

LOL

jk

Comment

Admission fees

The admission on Friday is usually 10 bucks, saturday it goes to like $12, and then if u want the 2-day pass, it is 18 dollars unless they have gone up?
      "~~<~~~Miss Nikita~~~>~~"

http://www.myspace.com/kitagal is where i be lol

Comment

Yaaaaay for Jazz and Tawny!!!!

My lil' bros special is gonna be kewwwwwl!!!!
        It does not require many words to speak the truth.
        Chief Joseph

Comment

head judges

i think no matter who is the head judges or judges at any powwow...ppl are still going to complain! Especially at a big powwow like GON. After all...it is mostly about who ya know...whether people wanna think that or not. I wish that people could could judge on the best dancer or drum and not on whether they like that person or not.

Comment

I'll be there

Originally posted by ndnsooner
            Why bash Nashoba? He is a good dancer and singer. He can sing Southern or Northern. I believe that if GoN staff thinks enough of him to ask him to be their head southern judge, that he deserves that opportunity.
            yeah? why?

maybe I'll get to judge, sign me up!
            Last edited by Tom Clinton; 10-08-2005, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Well my opinion on the powwow and head staff is..gathering has always been a sucessful powwow...and probably always will be...obviously they know how to pick a good head staff so lets just leave it at that.
              ~* Tha ONE and ONLY RAE RAE..dont let cheap imitations fool you*~

Comment

Originally posted by whattaheck
                i think no matter who is the head judges or judges at any powwow...ppl are still going to complain! Especially at a big powwow like GON. After all...it is mostly about who ya know...whether people wanna think that or not. I wish that people could could judge on the best dancer or drum and not on whether they like that person or not.
                yeah I wish that too BUT its the judge that picks the winnerz not the head judge..they just pick the judges..its all up to them from that point on......

and dont 4get that tabulators have been known to mess up too at times(every1 makes mistakes whether they mean to or not)..so I dont know why ppl like to put the blame on the head judges all the time...

but most of all I wish every1 could just put aside differences and get along...and let the dancing and singing speak for itselves not rumors and stuff like that...ya know

Comment

I am just so happy I finally get to go this year (got me a cool spot to stay..... Mama's House!)

Yay for Tawny and um, Nashoba, judging by the 2005 Powwowo calendar, is uh, fine and Chatah. So yay for him too!
                  Poetry is life in print.

https://poetryislifeinprint.wordpress.com/

https://www.facebook.com/KarlieCharlesSoftball/

Comment

Dazzle you're such a smart azz!

Comment

Originally posted by Homalosa
                      I am just so happy I finally get to go this year (got me a cool spot to stay..... Mama's House!)

Yay for Tawny and um, Nashoba, judging by the 2005 Powwowo calendar, is uh, fine and Chatah. So yay for him too!
                      yep Mr. June 2005!!! hehe(my birthday month!)

Comment

Isn't there a jingle special...not a fancy shawl special...
                        "Do you love me because I am beautiful or am I beautiful because you love me?" ~Cinderella
                        Obsession is an action word...
                        "I !!! and all things PINK!!!
                        This is for you Prince Charming....
                        Make Love :KISS001: not war..... :war00000:

Comment

Midnight Special!

Ok folks...I juss wanted to put this out there- The midnight special is for EVERYONE to participate in. You dont have to be Iroquois, you juss need the outfit. And if you can Smoke dance, you should soooooooo get out there. You could place. Maybe even win. The judges will be picked out of those who know the dance, but are the least biased. So I really encourage everyone to practice. It'll be fun, and I hope to see a lot of non-Iroquois people out there
                          "Talk Is Fine- If You Got The Time, But I Ain't Got No Time To Spare...."

Comment

WHAT's UP WITH the info ???.....the poster says....SMOKE DANCE men vs. women !!...and the site says "

“MIDNIGHT SPECIAL” Friday Night - Jammin' Gents
                            Contest for MEN’S SOUTHERN STRAIGHT
                            $1,000 First Place & 3 day Trip for 2 to Hawaii
                            (Winner departs Albuquerque Sunday Morning - Trip is non-transferable)"

.........anyone know what one is really the " MID-NIGHT special ?

.........also does anyone know if there is only one place ? or is there a 2nd , 3rd , 4th and so on?......and if so whats the prize $$$'s?.......thanks
                            Last edited by smoke_dancer_20; 03-01-2006, 02:14 AM.
                            -[]-[ ]-/\-[ ]-[]-

Comment

The Midnight Special is a Smoke Dance. The Straight is from last year. The whole thing will go like this:

Out of everyone dancing, 3 men and 3 women will be picked as the 6 finalists. They will get some money. They will dance off against each other, and then 1 man and 1 woman will be chosen. From these 2, one will win. Hence the name, "Men vs. Women." Kind of like, which gender has the better smoke dancer ...The winner gets the $1000 and the trip, the runner-up gets more money.

The idea is its suppossed to be like an endurance contest, too.

Hope that clears the air a little though. Hope to see you out there!
                              "Talk Is Fine- If You Got The Time, But I Ain't Got No Time To Spare...."

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X