Response from Willow Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Response from Willow Jack

In case you didn't know, Willow responded in the Prayers for Darryle and Willow Jack and family thread at 6AM today (29 Aug).

I didn't want you all to overlook it. It's on Page 6.

http://www.powwows.com/gathering/sho...654#post654654
    Last edited by vince_j; 08-29-2005, 02:02 PM.
    "We who are clay blended by the Master Potter, come from the kiln of Creation in many hues. How can people say one skin is colored, when each has its own coloration? What should it matter that one bowl is dark and the other pale, if each is of good design and serves its purpose well." ~~~Polingaysi Qoyawayma, Hopi~~~

In August of this year, champions in the Native American powwow world,
    experienced loss and pain in an horrific tragedy. Willow (24 years)
    and Nakeezaka Jack (6 years), and Leela Abrahamson (14 years), suffered
    intensive physical injuries and loss of loved ones (Daryl (25 years) and
    Maliah Jack (4 years)) in a tragic car accident. According to Native
    American beliefs, these young people began the painful and difficult
    journey on their Red Road, however it led them into an unbelievable path
    of overwhelming compassion.

As they were in the intensive care unit in Butte, Montana, they
    experienced the first acts of compassion in this small city. As Native
    people, they were used to being treated a little different and a little less
    than. However in this community, the hospital staff, the funeral home
    and people stepped forward with generous support for the family's loss
    and greiving pain. Also, Native American and Non-Native friends pulled
    together, from all of the four directions, and came to offer their
    prayers, ceremonies, songs, and love for the family--to help them on the
    road to healing.

As they proceeded on their difficult journey, little did Willow,
    Nakeezaka, and Leela know that they would meet the world's renown bearer of
    compassion, love, and healing, the Dali Lama. In their belief, this was
    coming full circle from that painful day and week,

Willow's aunts had written a letter to Governor Dirk Kempthorne. As a
    result, Willow's son, Nakeezaka, was specially selected for a blessing
    by the holy one. This unbelievable news brought them joy and
    excitement. The family prepared themselves by dressing in their Native clothing
    and making traditional gifts for the blessing. As they watched the
    pomp and circumstance of the holy one's presentation of compassion and
    healing, they anticipated the moment of Nakeezaka's blessing. But, to
    their great surprise and joy, the were all blessed by the Dali Lama---who
    they termed as a holy medicine man from the east.

As he put his arms around Willow, he told her that, "Everything will be
    alright." She cried and said, "We have come full circle, and I believe
    this is my husband and daughter's gift and sign to me that we will be
    blessed, and everything will be alright. Compassion is truly prevalent
    and powerful in the world today."

To others who are suffering through 9-11, the war, and Hurricane
    Katrina, Willow says, "We must cling to the Dali Lama's message, that even
    though a great loss or pain happens, we must not let that moment hold us
    back from life. We must show our young ones, that no matter how hard
    it is to pick yourself back up again, you can do it and live life
    again."

that is from an article...or soon to be who knows...today his holiness the DALAI LAMA blessed my son and the rest of my family....it was very heartwarming..all I did was cry..I didn't know how else to react...i mean..a medicine man from TIBET hears of our tragedy and requests a special blessing for my son...I guess he doesn't "hug" people..but he hugged me 3 times and it was wierd ..he rubbed my hair after blessing me and said "everything is going to be okay".......I feel as if he was giving me a message from my daughter and husband....it's strange...after he said that the sun came out, it made us all feel better.....why take time out for a lil 6 yr old ndn kid?....I don't know what to say...but his whole speech was on compassion and healing...NOW I know and have felt TRUE compassion..many of you I know and many I don't .....and you have all given me kind words..it has all really helped...my son is doing fine...I think the whole thing is finally setting in because all I do is cry, I used to feel so strong...but ya know..after today meeting w/ the Dalai Lama...and having a personal blessing..I feel that maybe I need to quit letting this tragedy hold me down...I have to be stronger for my son...it was a POWERFUL experience...I cannot explain, when he approached us I just bowed and wept. (what brought me here?)....thats all I kept thinking..my son and family bestowed gifts upon him and he was very kind...he even grabbed my wheel chair and asked the press to take photos...am I in a wierd dream???

NO, his whole message and words hit home...YOU are all true signs of compassion....Children are VERY special....and we cannot let the pain or grief of tragedies hold us back....because we need to show our young ones as our elders have shown us that we can pick ourselves back up..remember our good times and make many more w/ those who are still here.....

I don't even know how to repay all of the people who have even payed a thought or mentioned my son and I in prayer..sang honor songs..EVERYTHING.....so for now I still pray that you all recieve many good blessings...
    Nuwa-nu!!..Look at the Yummy Yaha's!!mmmm..mmm Real injun food!!
    Agai-Dika from the great state of potatoes (Lemhi Shoshone-Bannock). So Don't panic, I'm Bannock. P.S. heres my quote: uncle Gary Abrahamson "Don't sweat the petty things, Pet the sweat things!"
    :character:merrychri:eyelashes:eyelashes:eyelashes :eyelashes:
    eyelashes:eyelashes:eyelashes:eyelashes:eyelashes: eyelashes:
    eyelashes:eyelashes:eyelashes:eyelashes:eyelashes

Comment

Willow,

That is so awesome you got to meet the Dali Lama. There are many people who wait their whole lives to meet him. You, your son and your family are truly blessed. NDN country continues to keep you and your family in their prayers and we know how grateful you are for that. Continue to heal and we shall see you on the trail soon enough.

*HUGS*

~Susie
      He's the type of rez I like
      ~A. Waquie Nov. 2003~

Comment

Your message is so powerful and overflowing with HOPE!

I usually don't get to emotional reading these posts, but the message of strength and hope you bring is so comforting to me.

The expression shown from the Dalai Lama was very spiritual and compassionate. He came to you from the heart, not for publicity, but from one human to a whole family.

Nakeezaka will be a great person and has been blessed by this event. So much that we cannot even comprehend what his abilities in the future will be!

I too, along with Willow, express my sincere thanks to the prayers you brought to the creator on her families behalf.

See the story here:
        http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...%20Lama%20Kids
        Last edited by vince_j; 09-13-2005, 10:27 AM. Reason: Added URL
        "We who are clay blended by the Master Potter, come from the kiln of Creation in many hues. How can people say one skin is colored, when each has its own coloration? What should it matter that one bowl is dark and the other pale, if each is of good design and serves its purpose well." ~~~Polingaysi Qoyawayma, Hopi~~~

Comment

Woggs, that is so awesome. As I was reading your post, I felt overwhelmed. I can't explain it. I know, without any uncertainty, that you and Nakeezaka are destined for greater things that you can't imagine.

I know it must be difficult to sit and read all the many posts in the "prayers for Daryl and Willow Jack" thread, I know also that you take the time to do it. Stay strong.

One more thing. Another reason I felt impassioned by the Dali Lama's visit to you is... my grand-daughters name is Adalia. We call her Dali.

Prayers for you.

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...dtw11509130033

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/even...NlYwNzc25hdg--

THIS article is one you all haven't seen

Grieving local family gets private audience
            By Dan Boyd - Journal Writer

HAILEY - While the Dalai Lama's visit to Idaho held meaning for many, it was hard to top the religious leader's meeting with 6-year-old Nakeezaka Jack in terms of sheer emotional power.

Jack's father, Daryl, an esteemed dancer on the regional powwow circuit, died Aug. 12 in a car accident while returning to southeast Idaho.

His daughter, Maliah, also died in the crash, but their spirit was honored Monday through a special meeting between Nakeezaka Jack, other surviving family members and the Dalai Lama.

Though most people weren't allowed a private audience with the Dalai Lama, Gov. Dirk Kempthorne's office arranged the meeting at the last minute after hearing the family's story.

"We were hoping they would make an exception and they did," said Rose Ann Abrahamson, a Fort Hall family member.

Traveling from Fort Hall to Hailey for the event, Abrahamson and others accompanied Jack's widow and son to the Dalai Lama's speech and presented the Buddhist spiritual leader with a Native American blanket, sweetgrass, a pelted blanket and a beaded Shoshone-Bannock necklace.

"We realized they said no gifts, but in our culture we give gifts in return for a blessing," Abrahamson said.

Though the tears flowed freely, the family said meeting the Dalai Lama had a profound effect.

"To us in our belief, we perceive him as a holy man," Abrahamson said. "His retention of his indigenous beliefs is very powerful to us."

Editor's note: This story ran in the Sept. 13 issue of the Idaho State Journal, along with another story by Dan Boyd about the Dalai Lama's visit to Idaho.

Many more pictures..all are copyrighted though!!but really excellent ones!!!
            http://photobucket.com/albums/y68/smokinmoccasins/
            Last edited by woggs; 09-15-2005, 01:59 PM.
            Agai-Dika from the great state of potatoes (Lemhi Shoshone-Bannock). So Don't panic, I'm Bannock. P.S. heres my quote: uncle Gary Abrahamson "Don't sweat the petty things, Pet the sweat things!"

Comment

chi-megwitch for posting the pics...thats awesome you got to meet him... ive reread your posts and ive never seen you be mean to anyone.. yourre a very nice person and i wish you and your son much happiness

Comment

those are very beautiful pictures of yourself and your son - the epitemy of beauty and strength ... i can only offer prayers of strength and words of encouragement - remember all the good memories of your husband and daughter - all the times they both said they loved you and you them. and realize that you will walk/dance again (my nephew just recently learned to walk again after a similiar car accident and it took alot of strength and remember to rest - your body needs it to heal) and that in time every morning will get better - not that you will forget them but the pain of losing them will subside and only the love will remain ...
                Watch your broken dreams...
                Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/even...NlYwNzc25hdg--

We also gave him a pendleton, sweetgrass, a beaded medallion from my sister Dustina and wehuh st. cyr...my son also gave him a picture of his sister and his father...he was very happy and put on his pendleton and his monk grabbed his other gifts from him afterward and carried the sweetgrass over his head as he walked off..but proudly wore his medallion as in this picture!!

Comment

wow willow! thats something! those pictures are great, that cool that he wore the medallion. many blessings to you.
                    WHEN FACED WITH A CHALLENGE, LOOK FOR A WAY NOT A WAY OUT.
                    Death: The pain passes but the beauty remains.

Comment

hello Willow

This is your uncle Dan here in California. My prayers are for you and your son. I think of you, and will dance for you this Friday at Soboba..remembering the good times we all shared there last year when i stayed with you guys that weekend. I miss seeing you on the pow wow floor you are a beautiful dancer. I know in my heart, you are strong and come from a very strong family. I have faith that you will again join us in the pow wow circle and within your boy, the proud spirit of his father will live on, you will have a strong message of compassion and courage, and I support you and will always keep you in my prayers. Lem lempt.

Comment

from the moment i heard of this accident, there has not been a day where i am not moved by all of it. today i was moved again reading about the blessing of willow and her family.
                        i am amazed and hopeful for your family and all our indian people. take care

Comment

Hello Willow. That is very amazing and I am happy that the Dalai Lama had come and reached to you and your family. I continue to pray for you and your son each day. This was good news to hear! Take care and stay strong!
                          Nikita
                          "~~<~~~Miss Nikita~~~>~~"

http://www.myspace.com/kitagal is where i be lol

Comment

I read the post from Willow Jack. From N8V woman to N8V woman, I would like to say that I am very proud of how she is dealing with her situation. I do not know this family personally, but have seen them around pow-wows, heard their names called out over the speakers all the time. It is only human for a woman to miss her lost loved ones. I felt a sense of compassion when I read the words "All I do is cry". No one can ever know how she is feeling, but everyone can help her be strong with prayers. Keep praying for this family as well as others and your own families. In the first post that Willow wrote she emphasized living life to the fullest, and enjoy your families. I think she was sending advice from her first hand experience. I think the blessing her son received was exactly what she thought it to be...a message from her husband and daughter. I'llkeep her and her family in my prayers.

Comment

As I read your post describing meeting the Dalai Lama... I was overwhelmed with emotion. I am thankful that you were able to share that with us, Willow.

Very cool that he wore the medallion. You and your family did the right thing, by bestowing him with traditional gifts. Your son must've been so proud to share those photos!

His blessing will give you courage and the strength to live when it feels like you cannot go on.

Your message has given many, including myself, the vision to REALLY SEE the beauty this life has to offer.

Chi miigwetch (a great BIG THANK YOU) Willow for sharing this uplifting story & pictures during this difficult time in you and your son's life.
                              Wiky Chick

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.