White Mountain Apache Fair & Rodeo Powwow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Mountain Apache Fair & Rodeo Powwow

Who will be going to the powwow up in Whiteriver, AZ? I believe it is this weekend?

you got any more info on this??? Especially the powwow?
    sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Wow they have a powwow?? I went to this waayyy back lol and i don't remember seeing a powwow but this is always fun to check out... watching the crown dancers as well... this is a lot closer to home, i might check it out!?!?
      "~~<~~~Miss Nikita~~~>~~"

http://www.myspace.com/kitagal is where i be lol

Comment

I hope they have a pow-wow. I think the last one they had was in 2001. So let me know, so i can hit that one up!
        '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,
        SOUTHERN STYOZ
        '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,

Comment

Yep these guys use to put on a kickass powwow......I remember when Northern Cree hosted....man that was jammin then......ahhh to relive the past........
          sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

I believe that the powwow will start with Grand Entry on Saturday at 12 noon. This will continue on until Sunday, also Grand Entry at 12 noon. The Powwow will be held on the Fair & Rodeo Fairgrounds. If you don't know where that is...once you hit town ...there will be signs posted in the direction of the grounds. I believe that all head staff will be announced there. Good Luck.

Comment

~2005 White Mountain Apache Fair &amp; Rodeo Pow Wow~

Anyone have any info on the Headstaff or a contact phone number for this pow wow? TY in advance! HOKA!!
              **"Father eagle will always guide and protect."**

Comment

Head staff : I know the powwow is posted on this website. Go to calenders and go from there. But the contact number is 928-338-4346. Reach them today, the office is closed tomorrow.

Comment

I called them this morning, and they said grand entry is at 1 and 7 on both days. Thats all the info i needed...lol. As long as their having a pow-wow, im good to go!
                  SOUTHERN STYOZ

Comment

~White Mountain Apache Fair Contest Pow Wow~

Originally posted by Wind in her hair
                    Head staff : I know the powwow is posted on this website. Go to calenders and go from there. But the contact number is 928-338-4346. Reach them today, the office is closed tomorrow.

Originally posted by oOoSouthernStyozoOo
                    I called them this morning, and they said grand entry is at 1 and 7 on both days. Thats all the info i needed...lol. As long as their having a pow-wow, im good to go!

Thanx for the info...

~White Mountain Apache Fair Contest Pow Wow~
                    September 3 - 4, 2005
                    Whiteriver, AZ
                    Saturday Grand Entry 1:00 P.M Evening 7:00 P.M. Sunday Grand Entry 1:00 P.M. till dusk.
                    For information call the Fair & Rodeo office at (928) 338-4346.

Comment

Im going...anyone else? See ya there?
                      SOUTHERN STYOZ

Comment

SO far its a go.. ill be there. Anyone know what the weather is like. *L should i being my umbrella?
                        ~* Im so sin-seriuos *~Impossible is NOT a fact, its an oppinion ... Rumble young girl RUMBLE!*~--

Comment

~White Mountain Apache Fair &amp; Rodeo Pow Wow~

Originally posted by kamikaze_yazzie
                          SO far its a go.. ill be there. Anyone know what the weather is like. *L should i being my umbrella?

According to weather.com this is what its suppose to be like this weekend in Whiteriver:

Saturday(09/03/05)
                          Isolated T-Storms
                          High: 86°F
                          Low: 58°F
                          Precip: 30%
                          Partly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms possible. High 86F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Sunday(09/04/05)
                          Isolated T-Storms
                          High: 84°F
                          Low: 59°F
                          Precip: 30%
                          Isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 50s.

Comment

So did anyone check out this fair??? How was it this year?
                            "~~<~~~Miss Nikita~~~>~~"

http://www.myspace.com/kitagal is where i be lol

Comment

It was a nice little iddy biddy pow-wow. But it was cool. But it didnt start until 6 or7 on saturday, and they exhibitioned everyone then too. On sunday that started about 230, and we all had one contest with 2 songs. Jrs and teens were combined, together they had about 15 dancers all together. And there were about 14 dancers in the adult categories. But it was cool, i won 2nd in my category. The payouts were pretty good for a little pow-wow. 1st place in adults was 400,300, and 200. I think thats better than hondah. But it was fun.
                              SOUTHERN STYOZ

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.