X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cosmos
    replied
    Calif gas cheaper than ours

Read somewhere that Cali gas is cheaper than NM, AZ, and surrounding states. Arizona's average of $3.12 was the highest in the West on Tuesday. That compares with $3.05 in California, $2.99 in Nevada and $2.92 in Washington.

Filling up in San Diego or Los Angeles is now a bargain compared with gassing your tank in metro Phoenix.

The reason is Cali gets their gas from the Gulf of Mexico and not the hurricance drenched gulf.

Leave a comment:

• Grizzly
    replied
    ~White Mountain Apache Pow Wow ~

Originally posted by oOoSouthernStyozoOo
    ^^^^Thanks. I had fun, i ended up buying one you guys' cd's. I havent had the chance to listen to it yet, but im sure its great. Blu Thunder saved the day, or should i say the pow-wow, they ended up singing some southern songs, and sang one of my favorites for our contest.

Thank you for buying a cd, we hope you enjoy it! Yeah, I decided to stay home to save some $$ for this coming weekends trip to Sycuan... Man, I'm all scurred to see what the gas prices are like in Cali... Oh well, it'll be well worth the trip. See you on the trail Sam! :)

Leave a comment:

• Apachedumpling
    replied
    Gaw only walked to the powwow to find my sister, then headed back to the night performance. Glad ya'll enjoyed the fair/rodeo/powwow! I have to say there was a lot to do this year, even tho i didnt lol. I didn't really want to go out and about but chilled and ate me some acorn stew and kicked back with the family.

Leave a comment:

• oOoSouthernStyozoOo
    replied
    ^^^^Thanks. I had fun, i ended up buying one you guys' cd's. I havent had the chance to listen to it yet, but im sure its great. Blu Thunder saved the day, or should i say the pow-wow, they ended up singing some southern songs, and sang one of my favorites for our contest.

Leave a comment:

• Grizzly
    replied
    ~White Mountain Apache Pow Wow~

It was a nice little iddy biddy pow-wow. But it was cool. But it didnt start until 6 or7 on saturday, and they exhibitioned everyone then too. On sunday that started about 230, and we all had one contest with 2 songs. Jrs and teens were combined, together they had about 15 dancers all together. And there were about 14 dancers in the adult categories. But it was cool, i won 2nd in my category. The payouts were pretty good for a little pow-wow. 1st place in adults was 400,300, and 200. I think thats better than hondah. But it was fun.

Hey SS! Congratulations for placing in your category. :) Yeah, I heard it was a nice small powwow... didn't make to this one but some of the boyz did. Glad to hear that you all enjoyed this gathering. HOKA!!

Leave a comment:

• Tiyospaye Yazzie
    replied
    The payouts were pretty good for a little pow-wow. 1st place in adults was 400,300, and 200. I think thats better than hondah. But it was fun.
    $100for 1st place at CNNFair (Chinle). No the payouts there was great. LOL

Leave a comment:

• kamikaze_yazzie
    replied
    I didnt end up going. Went to tuba to see my nephew instead. Ah well.. glad to hear it went well.

Leave a comment:

• oOoSouthernStyozoOo
    replied
    It was a nice little iddy biddy pow-wow. But it was cool. But it didnt start until 6 or7 on saturday, and they exhibitioned everyone then too. On sunday that started about 230, and we all had one contest with 2 songs. Jrs and teens were combined, together they had about 15 dancers all together. And there were about 14 dancers in the adult categories. But it was cool, i won 2nd in my category. The payouts were pretty good for a little pow-wow. 1st place in adults was 400,300, and 200. I think thats better than hondah. But it was fun.

Leave a comment:

• AEn8ive_kita
    replied
    So did anyone check out this fair??? How was it this year?

Leave a comment:

• Grizzly
    replied
    ~White Mountain Apache Fair & Rodeo Pow Wow~

Originally posted by kamikaze_yazzie
    SO far its a go.. ill be there. Anyone know what the weather is like. *L should i being my umbrella?

According to weather.com this is what its suppose to be like this weekend in Whiteriver:

Saturday(09/03/05)
    Isolated T-Storms
    High: 86°F
    Low: 58°F
    Precip: 30%
    Partly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms possible. High 86F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Sunday(09/04/05)
    Isolated T-Storms
    High: 84°F
    Low: 59°F
    Precip: 30%
    Isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 50s.

Leave a comment:

• kamikaze_yazzie
    replied
    SO far its a go.. ill be there. Anyone know what the weather is like. *L should i being my umbrella?

Leave a comment:

• oOoSouthernStyozoOo
    replied
    Im going...anyone else? See ya there?

Leave a comment:

• Grizzly
    replied
    ~White Mountain Apache Fair Contest Pow Wow~

Originally posted by Wind in her hair
    Head staff : I know the powwow is posted on this website. Go to calenders and go from there. But the contact number is 928-338-4346. Reach them today, the office is closed tomorrow.

I called them this morning, and they said grand entry is at 1 and 7 on both days. Thats all the info i needed...lol. As long as their having a pow-wow, im good to go!

Thanx for the info...

~White Mountain Apache Fair Contest Pow Wow~
    September 3 - 4, 2005
    Whiteriver, AZ
    Saturday Grand Entry 1:00 P.M Evening 7:00 P.M. Sunday Grand Entry 1:00 P.M. till dusk.
    For information call the Fair & Rodeo office at (928) 338-4346.

Leave a comment:

• oOoSouthernStyozoOo
    replied
    I called them this morning, and they said grand entry is at 1 and 7 on both days. Thats all the info i needed...lol. As long as their having a pow-wow, im good to go!

Leave a comment:

• Wind in her hair
    replied
    Head staff : I know the powwow is posted on this website. Go to calenders and go from there. But the contact number is 928-338-4346. Reach them today, the office is closed tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.