What's the scarriest thing at the powwow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the scarriest thing at the powwow

What's the most scarriest thing you have seen while at a powwow?
    'A'a i ka hula kahika, waiho ka hilahila i ka hale.
    "One who wants to dance the ancient dance, must leave their bashfullness at home"

hobbiest
    WHEN FACED WITH A CHALLENGE, LOOK FOR A WAY NOT A WAY OUT.
    Death: The pain passes but the beauty remains.

Comment

This happened about 11 years ago during the 4th of July celebration at Tiapiah Park in Lawton. My family and I had come down for the celebration and was staying at this one motel in Lawton. Well one morning, we were all getting ready to head to the grounds when someone knocked on our motel room door. Since I was nearest to the door I got up and answered and it was this ndn lady (in her mid 30s to early 40s) and she had asked me if we were going to that powwow. I told her that we were and she asked to hitch a ride with us but we didn't really have any room and so I told her so. Well, we hopped in the vehicle and headed down to the grounds and as we were leaving I seen her still standing at the motel watching us. Funny thing is when we entered the grounds I seen that same lady standing under that pavilion thing watching us as we drove by. That lady had some how beaten us to the powwow grounds. Something told me that there was something not right about her.

Comment

the porta potties

Comment

Hi
          Dancers smash up in the area. Train wrecks too.
          Asema Is Sacred
          Traditional Use, Not Misuse
          Wakan Tanka please have compassion on me.
          OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.

Comment

i saw a program on APTN,...

Originally posted by saukpuppet
            hobbiest
            about this. it sure queered me out. it felt sacreligious to me.
            it's been a long time, shouldn't have left u.

Comment

scariest thing at a pow-wow...

scariest thing at a pow-wow... well gotta say gang fights....

Comment

The white woman with the tan in a can, wearing Faux Suede Warshirt, leggins, and breech & with the real fake looking wig held on by a headband. Geez- gave me nightmares! This was before microfiber!

Comment

a kid choking on something and the mother screaming..he turned to be ok...ambulance took 4ever

Comment

Scariest thing happening at a pow-wow is when you cant find your man! WHERE THE HELL IS HE! (LOL)

Comment

I don't know about the scariest thing I ever saw at a powwow but, the scariest thing for me would be listening to the MC announce the dance winners. LOL!! (AND hoping to hear my family's names.)

Comment

At one powwow...

Someone died, someone had an epileptic seizure in the arena and lots of eagle feathers hit the ground.
                        Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by tworedshoes
                          This happened about 11 years ago during the 4th of July celebration at Tiapiah Park in Lawton. My family and I had come down for the celebration and was staying at this one motel in Lawton. Well one morning, we were all getting ready to head to the grounds when someone knocked on our motel room door. Since I was nearest to the door I got up and answered and it was this ndn lady (in her mid 30s to early 40s) and she had asked me if we were going to that powwow. I told her that we were and she asked to hitch a ride with us but we didn't really have any room and so I told her so. Well, we hopped in the vehicle and headed down to the grounds and as we were leaving I seen her still standing at the motel watching us. Funny thing is when we entered the grounds I seen that same lady standing under that pavilion thing watching us as we drove by. That lady had some how beaten us to the powwow grounds. Something told me that there was something not right about her.
                          Weird! OMG
                          Last edited by itsmebadoink; 09-12-2005, 02:46 PM.

Comment

The scariest thing I ever saw happened about 20 years ago. It was during an intertribal song a woman comes out of the crowd grabs another women, that is dancing, by the hair and jerks her backwards on to the ground. Before anyone could react she proceeds to jump on top of the lady and hit with her fist about 4 times. There was blood stained into the concrete floor for rest of the pow-wow.
                            sigpic

Contest Coordinator & Calendar Admin
                            [email protected]

Comment

the scariest thing that ever to me at a powwow was when i was 15 and lending a hand to my uncle to sell some n8v food and junk and this dude who was helpin him out was checkin me out. my father had the ever watchful eye the whole time, so i wasn't really worried. he tried to say somethin smart to me in a poor attempt at flirtation. me, ever the mean girl, smiled, and replied, 'when i want sh*t, i'll squeeze your head.' so he came at me with a knife. my father got b'twn us and that was that.
                              frodo failed. bush has the ring

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X