Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is hospitality lacking at today's pow wows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• midnite2
    Get this one?
    by midnite2
    I been travelling around pow wows in Southern United States. Man its been tough going! I dont wanna sound judgemental or critical but alot of these pow wows make you pay to dance, dont help with gas or food let alone water for dancers N singers. About a week ago at one pow wow (East Bend-NC)allowed...
    08-14-2007, 05:51 PM
  • Wojapi4Me
    Having to pay to dance and/or sing...???
    by Wojapi4Me
    This is something that just gets under my skin. Dancers and singers should not have to pay to get into a pow wow. Heck, no one should have to pay to get into a pow wow. It should be FREE for everyone...that's how it was intended.

And, all pow wows should feed. I don't know how many...
    02-24-2009, 08:33 AM
  • Cinkala
    Hip hop at Pow wows?
    by Cinkala
    Unfortuntely I can't bring up the video because my computer is messing up right now. But, there are a couple of videos on youtube that are called "ghetto pow wow". It pretty much is a bunch of dancers dancing to hip hop music in the circle.

What are everybodys thoughts on this?...
    03-22-2012, 12:37 PM
  • seneca*one
    Spot checks during Intertribals?
    by seneca*one
    Quick question...this has been bugging me... Are spot checks REALLY necessary during Intertribals? I've heard so many emcee's say that dancers should be out there dancing. I may be wrong, but I thought intertribals were just for fun, to "warm up", to get to know other natives/non natives....
    07-18-2008, 11:19 PM
  • mortonkid
    Great Salt Water Veterans Pow Wow....it could have been great
    by mortonkid
    This was a disappointing experience I'm sorry to say. I traveled from New York to dance at this pow wow....and I have danced in pow wows in Maryland, Virginia, South Carolina, and North Carolina for a number of years now and I have never been asked to pay a dancer's fee. I registered to dance over...
    Vendors?
    33.33%
    Dancers?
    66.67%
    11-08-2004, 11:55 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X