Costume or Regalia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Waabi-binesi
    Traditional Anishinaabe Dances
    by Waabi-binesi
    Okay, here's the deal. I want to start dancing next year and I have a problem. First off I want to make this very clear that this is not a criticism of anyone. This is just my personal desire to honour my Ojibway heritage.

I am a full blooded Ojibway from the Saugeen First Nation and...
    09-06-2006, 12:07 AM
  • spottedeagle
    Women in Regalia Part 2.. white dancer discussion Part 1001
    by spottedeagle
    C_Rock very politely put.

I have seen a recent trend recently on the boards with "white women" wanting to change our traditions. I don't have a problem with people of other cultures wanting to truely learn our ways and respectfully following our tradtions. But I have a...
    01-10-2004, 12:18 PM
  • SuzzeQ4
    A Question For Non-Native People...
    by SuzzeQ4
    A Question For Non-Native People...
    ...who dance in Regalia or want to.

There are many threads here at powwows.com about non-Native people who are wanting to dance or have regalia, or who do this already. There are 2 currant threads on this issue.

The common theme...
    10-10-2008, 08:12 AM
  • incognito please
    Rights to Dance in Contemporary PowWow Dress
    by incognito please
    First off, please let me explain why I want to do this incognito. I know several of you that post on these boards, both well and just by seeing you around. I don't want who I am to reflect anyway on your opinions, good or bad. Plus, I'm just chicken :D. So stop trying to guess!!!!

01-13-2005, 04:01 PM
  • Smokin' Ace
    Things a Stepmother should never say...
    by Smokin' Ace
    This article appeared in on CNN.com this morning, and because both my children have stepmothers, I hear their struggles when they come home. I am not a stepmother yet, but I don't know what the future holds. :) I am just thankful that there are articles such as these out there...cuz, the truth is,...
    04-01-2008, 10:24 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X