Richmond Results!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richmond Results!

Whew, what a weekend! I think the powwow went great. We had 5 registered drums and then Black Bear showed up today and set up. I think I registered 153 dancers (give or take a few). Well, I guess you want the results.

Tiny Tots - all were winners! too many to name

Girls Fancy
    1st - Sierra Locklear
    2nd - Mayanna Richardson (our up and coming hoop dancer!!!)
    3rd - Dyani Lynch

Boy's Fancy
    1st - Kaleb Richardson
    2nd - Matthew Richardson
    3rd - Tyler Callahan

Girl's Jingle
    1st - Caitlin Hagins
    2nd - Brianna Locklear
    3rd - Alina Jacobs

Boy's Grass
    1st - Jordan Silver
    2nd - Tatanka Gibson
    3rd - Jakob Lynch

Girl's Traditional
    1st - Aaliyah Decoursay

Boy's Traditional
    1st - Buddy Lynch
    2nd - Danny Richardson

Jr. Women's Fancy
    1st - Faith Decontie
    2nd - Amber Richardson
    3rd - Sharon Jacobs

Jr. Men's Fancy
    1st - John Locklear
    2nd - Larry Miller
    3rd - Ryan Richardson

Jr. Women's Jingle
    1st - Natasha Hiltz
    2nd - Qua Lynch
    3rd - Olivia Richardson

Jr. Men's Grass
    1st - Will Richardson
    2nd - Patrick Richardson
    3rd - Raoule Hilton

Jr. Women's Traditional
    1st - Christina Brewington
    2nd - Jennifer Richardson
    3rd - Ariel Lynch

Jr. Men's Traditional
    1st - Coty Richardson
    2nd - Christopher Richardson

Women's Fancy
    1st - Lillian Sparks
    2nd - Andrea Garcia
    3rd - Ree Richardson

Men's Fancy
    1st - Nigel Schulyer
    2nd - Waya Dimalanta
    3rd - Tony Hedgepeth

Women's Jingle
    1st - Jackie Klein
    2nd - Elyse Sparks
    3rd - Brenda Silva

Men's Grass
    1st - Robert Blake
    2nd - Josh Richardson
    3rd - Osceola Red Shirt

Women's Traditional
    1st - Melissa Montoya
    2nd - Kimberly Ratt
    3rd - Becky Leviner

Men's Traditional
    1st - Charles Belisle
    2nd - Bo Goins
    3rd - Antonio Grant

Drum
    1st - Southern Sun
    2nd - Eagles Dancing
    3rd - Red Earth

Men's Traditional Winner Take All - $1,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Charles Belisle

A great big thanks to our other drums - Crooked Crossing and Black Horse Butte - you really were a great addition and I hope you will be back. This was both drum's first time here, I hope there will be many more to come.

On a sad note - I just want to send my condolenses to Danny Tramper and his family. His father got sick on Friday and Osceola carried Danny back (I believe to Greensboro) on Saturday so he could go be w/his dad. He passed away only minutes after Danny got there.

PTown, you missed a great weekend!

And now for the gossip - someone tell me about the fight at the hotel. I just heard there was one between the natives and some non-natives.

I hope everyone has a safe trip home!
    Becky B.

Bridal Shower

Thanks to Smokin' Ace and Takin Numbers for coordinating my bridal shower. And thanks to JingleJammer and Tigerlily for embarassing me - I can only hope I get to return the favor one day!!!!
    Becky B.

Comment

Sounds like it was a good one! Congrats Faith & Tasha
      ~*PowWows.com Princess 2006-2007*~

Comment

Thanks for having us there and showing us a good time at the nine. Still working off a mean headache. Congrats to the Richardson and Lynch Families for cleaning house. Our prayers go out to the Tramper family as well.
        ~Black Horse Butte Singers~

Comment

Darn! Sounds like I did miss a good one! Congrats to my girl NDNEYEZ for taking first!
          The true meaning of life........

Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off,
          kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or
          behaving like one.

Comment

NDNQt - You are so welcome - and you forgot to thank the main man, who is Barry Richardson - without him nothing woulda been possible. All of it was soooo much fun and you and Eddie were joys to give to....

Becky - you have done so much for so many and you are so loved - enjoy this time....

Richmond was a blast - everyone looked fab!!!! I worked with Bruce on the documentary footage and wow - looking at the premimilary footage - WOW!!! I am excited..
            Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

the pow wow was awesome. alot of good singers and dancers. i can't believe i have missed this pow wow for so many years.
              Last edited by tigger; 11-15-2005, 01:15 PM.

Comment

LAMO!!!! i know you loved the gifts or at least Eddie does!!! It was a good time at the powwow and the bridal shower... hope you have a fabulous weekend this upcoming weekend Becky... you deserve it!!

Comment

it was alright........but a very scandalous powwow!!!! i give it a 2 and a half
                  "Go Make Sweat!!!" -Sonny Kennedy- 2003

don't get mad at me im just a critic

Comment

it was alright........but a very scandalous powwow!!!! i give it a 2 and a half!!! i was very puzzled at the results!!!
                    "Go Make Sweat!!!" -Sonny Kennedy- 2003

don't get mad at me im just a critic

Comment

Okay CloudN9ne, let's hear your opinion on this one.

Comment

i was there for sunday... i thought the chicken dance special and the blow out were full of good and great dancers!... (i left before the adult catagories)
                        Emmy, your hubby did very well!! (especially in the Chicken special) and the new stuff is off the hook girl!

Ndnqt-girl, i heard about your "gifts" and sorry i missed it!!!

Smokin' it was GREAT to see you again! I wish we could've chated more but i was a bit ! umm tired..lol..

LumbeePride it's always a pleasure to see you!

I wish i could've stayed longer for the adults but the singing was good and i blow a hole in my pocket on beads cause i am a beadaholic!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 3ndnbear
                          i was there for sunday... i thought the chicken dance special and the blow out were full of good and great dancers!... (i left before the adult catagories)
                          Emmy, your hubby did very well!! (especially in the Chicken special) and the new stuff is off the hook girl!

thanks ;)
                          Oh yeah, I used to know Quentin...He's a real...He's a real Jerky

~Flat Beat~

Comment

Well, well, well...

My Richmond PW weekend has come and gone... *tear* Good dancing... good singing. We - The Gigglers - had a great time at this pow wow.

ndneyez... Shucks buddy... It was good to chill and joke around with you & Miss Shayna!!! It was Ka-RAY-ZEE!!!! I know you guys get my wicked sense of humor/humour (for you american folks.. hahaha). You did goot out there... and it was such an honor to be sitting by you at the pow wow. I was like.. OMG.. I'm like sooo sitting by Miss *Ndneyez* I was tryna real hard all weekend to impress you and Andy.. ayeeee... yeah right! Anywayz.. Tell Shayna that she ROCKS... for bringing that Doctor Mario game to the pow wow!! I was hooooooked!! See ya girls at T-dot!!

3ndnbear... I saw you at Pembroke!! Funny how you were all... "Are you... something nish on pws??" LOL.. Good to meet ya.. there on the 3rd floor.... You funny lady!! I hope your fren wasn't too upset with me teasin' him.. I was a lil' hyper... I apologize.

StoneyClaus.... I hope you guys can send/post pics of lil' Kailey (sorry if I spelled that wrong) with her new stuff!! She is such an adorable/cute/gorgeous/sweet lil' girl!! In my mind she was smaller.. I'm not sure how long that dress will fit her... lol... but... I can always make her a new one. No Problem!

Until next year's Richmond Pow Wow.... LOL... Dawning.. if you see this... it'll be my "4th" time there... making me a "regular" at this pow wow... hahaha.. u crazy chick!!
                            ~* Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to *~

Comment

Ooooooh Heck Ya... I'm goin' to TO pow wow. I can't miss that one.. it's only 4 hrs away. We're stayin' at the Skydome aka rogers center
                              Last edited by Miss_Nish; 11-16-2005, 01:52 PM.
                              ~* Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to *~

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X