Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dance in Shawnee, OK

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dance in Shawnee, OK

    I hear there is a dance in Shawnee this Saturday with contests. Anyone have any info as far as head staff?

    Anyone going to this dance on the 19th?



    Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......



  • #2
    Yes there is a dance in Shawnee. It it the Fall Intertribal Pow-wow sponsored by the Citizen Potawatomi Nation. The dance is supposed to be held at the CPN pow-wow grounds on Gordon Cooper Drive (next to Firelake grocery & casino).

    Here is the info from the flyer that we have......

    Saturday, November 19, 2005 Grand Entry: 12 noon
    "Registration for dance & drum contest closes at 11:30am - no exceptions, no excuses accepted. Contestants must be in noon grand entry in full regalia.

    Host drum: Southern Thunder, Pawnee, OK
    HMD: Coby Lehman, Shawnee, OK
    HLD: TBA
    MC: Orval Kirk
    AD & Head Judge: Zack Moris, Shawnee, OK

    Tiny tots (in regalia 0-6) Combined categories
    Youth (7 thru 12 years) Combined categories
    Junior (12-17 years) Combined categories
    Adult Women (18 thru 54) Cloth, Buckskin, Jingle, Fancy Shawl (am assuming separate contests)
    Adult Men (18-54) Straight, Traditional, Grass, Fancy
    (am assuming separate contests there as well)

    Drum contest "Winner Take All" $1000

    No specials, No giveaways, No exceptions

    Contact Zack Morris 405/275-3121 or 800/880-9880

    That's the info I have..........

    Comment


    • #3
      just called on info for this powwow, ADULTS is seperate!!! Zack said places are $300, $200, $100.....and one grand entry at noon.....and its a one dayer.......oh yeah and they moved it to St. Gregory's Gym since its going to be too cold for an outside powwow....
      Last edited by n8tive_redhead; 11-16-2005, 06:48 PM.
      dance like u dance around @ home, tearin it up!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by luvstraightdancrs
        Yes there is a dance in Shawnee. It it the Fall Intertribal Pow-wow sponsored by the Citizen Potawatomi Nation. .......

        luvs,

        Do you have to be Citizen Band Potawatomi to contest like their other powwows?
        Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

        Comment


        • #5
          What!!!! No one over the age of 54 is welcomed to dance at this pow wow. THE NERVE!!! LOL!!! Golden Agers get no respect!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            I would love to go to this one, but.......Riverside is scrimmaging Stroud Saturday and then our family is cooking a traditional meal for the ball players....so, if you aren't going to the pow wow, come to Stroud and watch the scrimmage. It starts at 10:00, girls first then boys. RG is the head coach on these teams.
            I am thankful for my grandparents, my parents, my brothers, my aunties and uncles, my children, my companion and all of those who influenced me to be strong and proud of being who I am and where I come from. Knowledge is power

            Comment


            • #7
              Ill b there!!!!
              www.myspace.com/powwowlicious

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mountaindew
                What!!!! No one over the age of 54 is welcomed to dance at this pow wow. THE NERVE!!! LOL!!! Golden Agers get no respect!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!
                They need to stay up wit da times. Seniors in most places these days are 50-65 years Golden agers is 65 + sheesh!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  So who all placed at Shawnee and OU?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well, I had to cook all night and all morning so I could make it to the pow wow.(Riverside girls won all quarters, and the boys won two,lost two...According to my family. LOL)
                    It was a nice pow wow and I will try to get a list of the winners. I did not go to OU, so don't know those ones.
                    Little Girls 7-12
                    Wakeah Bread
                    Pishon Bread
                    ???Roberts(Rowena/Dales little girl)

                    Youth Girls 13-17
                    Anna Mae Helen Spotted Wolf
                    a fancy shawl girl
                    Crystal Logan(tied with Amanda IronStar)

                    Women's Cloth
                    Alicia McClellan
                    Yvonne Sadongei(won tie for 2nd)
                    Buffy Simmons

                    Buckskin(tied 3 times for the outcome of this one)
                    Keri Myers
                    Tonya Moore
                    Erin Bemo

                    Fancy
                    Just one contestant: Amanda Werywackwe

                    Jingle:
                    Rowena Roberts
                    Yvette Good Eagle(married name now)
                    Danya Keahna

                    Women's Golden Age
                    Dorsey Sadongei
                    Charlotte McCurtain
                    Joyce Miller

                    Men's Golden Age
                    Patrick SpottedWolf
                    Larry McCurtain
                    Daryl Moore

                    Men's Fancy
                    Michael Roberts
                    Graham Primeaux, Sr.
                    Cecil Gray

                    Men's Grass
                    Ed Black
                    Dale Roberts
                    ?????

                    Men's Traditional
                    Gabe Cleveland
                    BJ Haury
                    Jason Bender

                    Men's Straight
                    Kyle Reems(?sp)
                    Justin yearby
                    Nashoba Simmons(yea, nashoba)

                    Singing contest
                    Sizzortail

                    That's all I remember
                    I am thankful for my grandparents, my parents, my brothers, my aunties and uncles, my children, my companion and all of those who influenced me to be strong and proud of being who I am and where I come from. Knowledge is power

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      3rd place in mens Grass was
                      D.J Yarholer (sp?)
                      and
                      2nd in youth girls was
                      Nicole Sign (sp?)

                      Originally posted by sltate
                      Well, I had to cook all night and all morning so I could make it to the pow wow.(Riverside girls won all quarters, and the boys won two,lost two...According to my family. LOL)
                      It was a nice pow wow and I will try to get a list of the winners. I did not go to OU, so don't know those ones.
                      Little Girls 7-12
                      Wakeah Bread
                      Pishon Bread
                      ???Roberts(Rowena/Dales little girl)

                      Youth Girls 13-17
                      Anna Mae Helen Spotted Wolf
                      a fancy shawl girl
                      Crystal Logan(tied with Amanda IronStar)

                      Women's Cloth
                      Alicia McClellan
                      Yvonne Sadongei(won tie for 2nd)
                      Buffy Simmons

                      Buckskin(tied 3 times for the outcome of this one)
                      Keri Myers
                      Tonya Moore
                      Erin Bemo

                      Fancy
                      Just one contestant: Amanda Werywackwe

                      Jingle:
                      Rowena Roberts
                      Yvette Good Eagle(married name now)
                      Danya Keahna

                      Women's Golden Age
                      Dorsey Sadongei
                      Charlotte McCurtain
                      Joyce Miller

                      Men's Golden Age
                      Patrick SpottedWolf
                      Larry McCurtain
                      Daryl Moore

                      Men's Fancy
                      Michael Roberts
                      Graham Primeaux, Sr.
                      Cecil Gray

                      Men's Grass
                      Ed Black
                      Dale Roberts
                      ?????

                      Men's Traditional
                      Gabe Cleveland
                      BJ Haury
                      Jason Bender

                      Men's Straight
                      Kyle Reems(?sp)
                      Justin yearby
                      Nashoba Simmons(yea, nashoba)

                      Singing contest
                      Sizzortail

                      That's all I remember
                      ~* Tha ONE and ONLY RAE RAE..dont let cheap imitations fool you*~

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yeah I went to this powwow and when I went to go register my catagory was packed ...I mean the paper was already full....and I dance jingle...but yeah even that catagory was packed...I was all ...lol...it was a really good lil one day powwow..only it wasnt lil...lol....but i danced hard and enjoyed myself,even tho I didnt place ...but I was sure happy my husband placed!And he sang with the winning drum so we lucked out....i guess ...but I'm looking forward to the next powwow...and to dancing..still working off all that weight from havin my daughter....anyway the powwow was good!
                        ~* Tha ONE and ONLY RAE RAE..dont let cheap imitations fool you*~

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          You did nice, Mrs. Simmons. Tell Nashoba that Ms. Sandy Tate said hello and I miss him alot here at RIS, he was one of my students a few years ago and he is a really nice young man. I saw him at the pow wow but did not get to talk to him, you guys were sitting in the rafters. LOL j/k
                          You didn't dance like you needed to lose any weight, and didn't look like it either. You were really smooth.I wish I was a slender as you. You have nice dresses too, PM me because I really liked your leggings and my baby girl dances jingle and we need new leggings. Her feet don't grow much, but she sure goes through moccasins fast. LOL
                          I am thankful for my grandparents, my parents, my brothers, my aunties and uncles, my children, my companion and all of those who influenced me to be strong and proud of being who I am and where I come from. Knowledge is power

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thank you Sltate for the winners list! Sounds like it was a good dance.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Rowena's daughter is Ok'Tisha and the other little girl's last name is Sine. congratulations to Sizzortail.

                              Comment

                              Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              • La + * Mom
                                Thunder Falls Veterans Pow Wow
                                by La + * Mom
                                O.K., here it is....

                                Thunder Falls Veterans Pow Wow
                                July 8-10, 2005 (Social & Specials Friday night)
                                Lackey Plaza (in front of Seneca Niagara Casino)
                                Niagara Falls, N.Y. USA
                                sponsored by: The Seneca Nation of Indians &
                                Seneca/Niagara Casino...
                                03-31-2005, 11:31 AM
                              • ndneyez
                                Pow-Wow in Mt. Pleasant, MI
                                by ndneyez
                                Saginaw Chippewa 22nd Annual Pow-Wow
                                August 4th, 5th, 6th, 2006
                                Mt. Pleasant, MI
                                7529 E. Tomah Road (The Tribal Campgrounds)


                                Head Staff
                                M.C.'s: Osceola RedShirt & Terri Fiddler
                                Head Judges: Rusty & Jodi Gillette
                                Head Drum Judge: Julius
                                ...
                                04-25-2006, 10:24 PM
                              • Buffalo Creek
                                Eastern Shawnee Powwow
                                by Buffalo Creek
                                September 15,16, & 17

                                Grand Entry Friday and Saturday at 7pm, Sunday at 1pm

                                Gourd Dance Friday 5pm, Saturday 1-2pm, Sunday 12pm

                                $14,000 Contest Prize Money

                                Stomp Dance Contest Fri. & Sat. Nights after Scheduled Events

                                ...
                                08-23-2006, 12:32 AM
                              • Generous_66
                                Sarnia Contest Pow wow?
                                by Generous_66
                                ANyone have information or comments about this pow wow??. June 24 & 25, 2006

                                Keep on Pow wow'ing
                                06-21-2006, 11:34 AM
                              • Buffalo Creek
                                Eastern Shawnee Powwow
                                by Buffalo Creek
                                September 15,16, & 17

                                Grand Entry Friday and Saturday at 7pm, Sunday at 1pm

                                Gourd Dance Friday 5pm, Saturday 1-2pm, Sunday 12pm

                                $14,000 Contest Prize Money

                                Stomp Dance Contest Fri. & Sat. Nights after Scheduled Events

                                ...
                                08-23-2006, 12:32 AM

                              Trending

                              Collapse

                              There are no results that meet this criteria.

                              Sidebar Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X