~ A Question About Powwow Rules ~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Str8Dancer49
    Successful Contest Tabulation Strategies?
    by Str8Dancer49
    Ok, considering all of the drama associated w/ the tabluation @ Sycuan, and that other dance w/ the jacked up drum contest w/ an 8-way tie, and some other goofy stuff I heard about people winning in like 3 different categories at a dance in central TX.........

Why don't we all post contest...
    09-21-2007, 04:45 PM
  • ndnmannoko4
    stopping on time
    by ndnmannoko4
    It used to be that stepping over or stopping to soon was reason for judges to disqualify a dancer at least in oklahoma. But recently this tradition is fading. At many powwows when dancers don't stop on time they are still given a place in the winners circle, (especially true in the Juniors). It is my...
    11-16-2005, 10:35 AM
  • WhoMe
    Judging: What to look for
    by WhoMe

If you follow the powwow trail, sooner or later you are going to be asked to judge.

How do YOU judge this contest ? In this division, I look for:

Original choreography (new moves), keeping up with the song (no matter how fast), showmanship, regalia...
    07-25-2003, 11:02 AM
  • pearlyhips
    Judging dancing
    by pearlyhips
    So I would like to know ppl...when you are judging other dancers how do you choose...If you have an awesome dancer with only a medi-ocre regalia, nothing spectacular against an alright dancer with an awesome regalia...who would you choose for first? :p :devil
    11-11-2003, 03:14 AM
  • WhoMe
    Singing Criteria
    by WhoMe
    I need some advice in setting up 5 criteria to judge singers/drum groups on.

I will be using this in a real tabulation form.

Two criteria that I would like to consider are:

1. Quality of the Lead
    2. Quality and Precision of the Second

03-14-2007, 10:29 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X