No announcement yet.

Whispering Winds Contest Powwow - Chinle, AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't speak for the Whispering Wind powwow committee, but I know I will be ready!

The two committees need to get back together and organize one Senior Class powwow as before now that they know what can happen.

At any rate, come to Youthfest this coming weekend and make plans to come back again for Whispering Wind the following weekend.

Comment

The good old Chinle Community Center was a nice warm location to powwow over the weekend (Youth Fest) while Apache Gold was in a "white out" mode and the Wa:K being cancelled all together!

The community center will be rocking this weekend again with Little Island Cree and Zotigh!

Comment

Is there a Drum Contest here??? I haven't heard a thing and I tried calling the committee but I keep getting "referred" to someone else......maybe another cover up??? or just some tribal employees who are on "travel".....*L*....We'll see.........
        sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

There is a combined singing contest with three places - don't know about the award amounts, but there is a drum contest.

Comment

~Whispering Winds Contest Powwow - Chinle, AZ~

Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno
            There is a combined singing contest with three places - don't know about the award amounts, but there is a drum contest.

Awesome! We're still undecided on which gathering to hit up... Madison, Whispering Winds or Zuni(1 day). Whispering Winds is the 16-18 or 17-19?
            **"Father eagle will always guide and protect."**

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly
              Awesome! We're still undecided on which gathering to hit up... Madison, Whispering Winds or Zuni(1 day). Whispering Winds is the 16-18 or 17-19?
              Whispering Wind starts on Thursday, March 16 with a gourd dance only, then gets into second gear on Friday, March 17 with a gourd dance and the first contest powwow session. It finishes out on Saturday, March 18 with two gourd sessions and two contest powwow sessions.

Then you drive home on Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by 50cal
                Is there a Drum Contest here??? I haven't heard a thing and I tried calling the committee but I keep getting "referred" to someone else......maybe another cover up??? or just some tribal employees who are on "travel".....*L*....We'll see.........
                Hey....there are some tribal employee that don't get to travel.....Not me though. I have to do a lot of presentations this time of year. LOL

Comment

Our is the sponsor covering up........

If no contact with the sponsor than a trick is being played. Lets reframe those words about the school employees....they are more on travel rather than answering calls regarding the powwow.....if they have the # posted than they should be able to answer all questions rather than playing phone tag........enjoy...........you are being tricked! !

Comment

Originally posted by wildcats06
                    If no contact with the sponsor than a trick is being played. Lets reframe those words about the school employees....they are more on travel rather than answering calls regarding the powwow.....if they have the # posted than they should be able to answer all questions rather than playing phone tag........enjoy...........you are being tricked! !
                    Hey wildcats06, do you know if the committee has really confirmed with their host drums?

Comment

Hey Kiyaanii Mom. Good question.......I also asked that same question and no one responded. There only response is, "It's on the flyer so they are coming." Who knows they might pull another Canyon Echoes!

Comment

Originally posted by wildcats06
                        Hey Kiyaanii Mom. Good question.......I also asked that same question and no one responded. There only response is, "It's on the flyer so they are coming." Who knows they might pull another Canyon Echoes!
                        I hope not. I'll be there, hopefully by Grand Entry Friday. This tribal employee can't take leave every Friday. LOL

Comment

then I say again, they are probably on "travel" or "leave".........LOL!!!!......I just decided not to go to Chinle....instead I'll work saturday and get that nice little time and half.....*L*....I'll prolly do that next weekend as well......just so I can have extra money to play with when we go to Ft Lewis end of the month!!
                          sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Originally posted by 50cal
                            then I say again, they are probably on "travel" or "leave".........LOL!!!!......I just decided not to go to Chinle....instead I'll work saturday and get that nice little time and half.....*L*....I'll prolly do that next weekend as well......just so I can have extra money to play with when we go to Ft Lewis end of the month!!
                            I'll see you at Ft. Lewis.

Comment

~Whispering Winds Contest Powwow - Chinle, AZ~

Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno
                              Whispering Wind starts on Thursday, March 16 with a gourd dance only, then gets into second gear on Friday, March 17 with a gourd dance and the first contest powwow session. It finishes out on Saturday, March 18 with two gourd sessions and two contest powwow sessions.

Then you drive home on Sunday!
                              Awesome, thanks for the info bro!
                              **"Father eagle will always guide and protect."**

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly
                                Awesome, thanks for the info bro!
                                Don't forget to chow down on the "Whitehouse Overlook" at the Junction Cafe before leaving Chinle!

This is the only restaurant where you can get a Navajo Tortilla as a substitute for toast.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X