Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whispering Winds Contest Powwow - Chinle, AZ

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    So how is this Pw going? What drums are there? Dramas? lol

    Comment


    • #47
      last night was pretty good. overall it went well. the host drums were there and sounding good. drums were thunder house, midnight express (they were selling a new release!) song 12 is a word song and one of the nicest they ever made. eagle creek, rcrew, southern outlaws, theres more but i cant remember.
      thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

      *RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

      Comment


      • #48
        Last edited by danc3r; 03-19-2006, 03:39 AM.

        Comment


        • #49
          was it freezing?

          Comment


          • #50
            who all placed there?
            was it fun?

            Comment


            • #51
              yeah, i think its time for zotigh to retire... lol
              thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

              *RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

              Comment


              • #52
                I wanted to be thurrr but ended up going to a one day shindig out in Zuni. But how was it overall?
                "~~<~~~Miss Nikita~~~>~~"


                http://www.myspace.com/kitagal is where i be lol

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by AEn8ive_kita
                  I wanted to be thurrr but ended up going to a one day shindig out in Zuni. But how was it overall?
                  You missed out on Little Island Cree, Zotigh, Thunder House, Star Eagle Nation, Midnite Express (2nd), Eagle Creek (3rd), R-Cru, Southern Outlawzz (1st), Four Nations?, Southern Company, and Blu Thunder!

                  All the drums were jamming especially Thunder House, MNX, SOZ, and Blu Thunder!
                  Good to see the boyz up there!

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    O.K. now we all know which one of the Chinle crews makes their annual powwow work. It's the Whispering Wind ppl. Good Powwow. And as far as I know they had their payouts. The host drums and all the head staff showed up. So it was good.

                    Only controversary I heard was the head drum judge was not fair to all the drums. Changed up the drum order when it was time to start the drum contest Saturday evening. On Friday he wouldn't changed the drum order when R Crew got Men's Traditional and had 3 guys dancing, but on Saturday night he switched it up for MX, because they were suppose to sing grass and had one grassdancer. Oh well, guess he got what he wanted 1st - Southern Outlaws, 2nd Midnite Express, and 3rd - Eagle Creek.

                    But the rest of the powwow was O.K. It ran smooth and the m.c. did a pretty good job and kept thing moving nicely.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Wow!!

                      guess we missed out on this one!!... nice to hear such good comments coming out from chinle.
                      the kids went to zuni and jumped in with Sun Eagle and took third place in the drum contest. I had class and a funeral to attend..
                      glad everyone had a safe and fun weekend.

                      this weekend is U of A!!!... man!, they lost yesterday.. bummer!
                      Last edited by Tradish_Mom; 03-20-2006, 01:41 PM.
                      Happy Trails!....

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        ~Whispering Winds Contest Powwow - Chinle, AZ~

                        Originally posted by AEn8ive_kita
                        I wanted to be thurrr but ended up going to a one day shindig out in Zuni. But how was it overall?

                        I missed out on both Chinle and Zuni... How was gathering @ Zuni??
                        **"Father eagle will always guide and protect."**

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Host drums

                          The host drums were excellent. Thank you for putting on a good powwow. I really enjoyed jammin to Little Island Cree, they rocked. Zotigh was as good as ever.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by kiyaanii mom
                            O.K. now we all know which one of the Chinle crews makes their annual powwow work. It's the Whispering Wind ppl. Good Powwow. And as far as I know they had their payouts. The host drums and all the head staff showed up. So it was good.

                            Only controversary I heard was the head drum judge was not fair to all the drums. Changed up the drum order when it was time to start the drum contest Saturday evening. On Friday he wouldn't changed the drum order when R Crew got Men's Traditional and had 3 guys dancing, but on Saturday night he switched it up for MX, because they were suppose to sing grass and had one grassdancer. Oh well, guess he got what he wanted 1st - Southern Outlaws, 2nd Midnite Express, and 3rd - Eagle Creek.

                            But the rest of the powwow was O.K. It ran smooth and the m.c. did a pretty good job and kept thing moving nicely.
                            Changing the drum order was messed up!

                            K-Mom, I got some good digital recordings of most of the drums! I don't know if Injunboy was there on Saturday or not, but he hasn't posted anything on his recordings.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno
                              Changing the drum order was messed up!

                              K-Mom, I got some good digital recordings of most of the drums! I don't know if Injunboy was there on Saturday or not, but he hasn't posted anything on his recordings.

                              uh, ohh... i bet R Crew didn't care for that too much! wow!.. southern outlawz tore it up, huh?.. good job JR and crew!
                              Happy Trails!....

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                I met K-mom, yeah!
                                She is a greater person in...
                                ...well in person.
                                I can picture her everytime I see her handle on the boards now, thanks for introducing me to her TT. Anyways yeah, and I met TT at the powwow although I only went on Sat and I didn't compete just danced for the love of dancing, even during the Fancy Special I excluded myself just because I wanted to dance. I had a "goot" time at the powwow met some ole friends and made some new ones and plus I got to dance to Southern Outlawz's song "Landen's Tune" I always wanted to dance to that song, it's hot! I also got to hear the sounds of Zotigh, Little Island Cree, MNX, and Southern Outlawz. I couldn't have asked for a better drum line up, I was qutie satisfied with the drums over at the WW powwow. I'll see you all at the next powwow! FLC here I come.
                                "I Ahula Ula"
                                Enjoying the ride.
                                BETA SIGMA EPSILON

                                Comment

                                Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                                Loading...

                                Trending

                                Collapse

                                There are no results that meet this criteria.

                                Sidebar Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X