No announcement yet.

Whispering Winds Contest Powwow - Chinle, AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LIC got whistled up three times sat night. i picked the wrong night to forget my recorder dammit.

was that tawny hale the missed part of her sat night contest?? if not that was a good imposter..
    thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

Originally posted by injunboy
      LIC got whistled up three times sat night. i picked the wrong night to forget my recorder dammit.

was that tawny hale the missed part of her sat night contest?? if not that was a good imposter..
      I may have the three-whistle LIC tune on my laptop. If I do, Injunboy has to ask me for it!

I think her name is Kelly if you're referring to who I think you are. She is from Flagstaff.

Comment

Originally posted by kiyaanii mom
        Sorry if I butcher the name and spelling.....

Teens
        Traditional combined
        3rd - Utania Nelson
        2nd - Marissa Woody
        1st - Atania Yazzie
        Was 1st place Raetava Yazzie?
        just wondering!

Comment

Thanks For The Winners List....

Sounds Like A Doozy!!

Way To Go.. "zaya".. And Matt.. And Lyle And, And, ...
          Happy Trails!....

Comment

~Whispering Winds Contest Powwow - Chinle, AZ~

Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno
            You missed out big time ... Blu Thunder was belting out some mean tunes (the Friday night intertribal and the boys grass contest song were absolutely awesome)!

Yeah, I know... I had to take care of business this past weekend and missed out on that road trip... AHO! Thanks for the props bro...
            **"Father eagle will always guide and protect."**

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzle_me_now
              Was 1st place Raetava Yazzie?
              just wondering!
              Yes, it is.

I forgot to change the name on my listing. Ooops!

Comment

I wish I had a recorder also! LIC asked me on sunday if I took any pic of thm singing when the whisltle blew I them no I was with my son in the arena dancing. I did think of taking a pic of tht but didn't do it. LIC really did a jam when those whistle's went off though.

Comment

Originally posted by kiyaanii mom
                  Yes, it is.

I forgot to change the name on my listing. Ooops!
                  WOOHOO!!! congrats TATE!!

Comment

I think the overall singing at this pow-wow was good. I also think that Pat Pacheco was one of the better MC's I've heard in this area for a long time. He was knowledgable, informative and funny. I also think that the president of the senior class or this club did a great job, Jonathan Francisco. I saw him hustling and he was quite cordial. It was fun to dance.

Comment

Originally posted by TKMJ Productions
                      I don't care about the points. It's not like the stuff you can get off your smoke packs like camping gear and such.

If you want to see our powwow schedule, just click on the link below.

http://www.freewebs.com/tkmj-productions
                      hey do you ever come out to California to videotape Powwows?
                      ~heavens~
                      And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish,
                      neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand (KJV) John 10:28
                      ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
                      I asked the Lord to bless you As I prayed for you today,
                      To guide you and protect you As you go along your way..........
                      His love is always with you, His promises are true,
                      And when we give Him all our cares, You know He will see us through.
                      So when the road you're traveling on seems difficult at best,
                      Just remember I'm praying...........And God will do the rest.

http://musicdownloads.walmart.com/ca...&action=artist

Comment

Originally posted by heavens
                        hey do you ever come out to California to videotape Powwows?
                        ~heavens~
                        We do some sound system work at powwows in northern California but never videotape anything at powwows.

We may take a few pictures on a digital camera of our equipment and our people for advertising and stuff, but never of dancers in the circle. If we get a great shot and a dancer just happens to be in the background, we rework the background on our computer so the dancer is just a blur.

Before taking a picture of a dancer, Please show respect and ask the dancer first. Use a digital camera that you can view the picture on and show it to the dancer for his or her approval. If the dancer wants you to erase it then do so in front of the dancer.

In the future our company may go into videotaping powwows. We have had that discussion many times but I'm not sure I want to get into it. A lot of our ndn people do not like their picture taken because of what they are wearing on their dance regalia.

Sometimes it's better to keep the picture in your heart and mind, then capture it on film.

Just a note: We are working with a drum that wants to do a music video.
                        Don't ask me what I think about something unless you want a truthful anwser. It may not be the anwser you are looking for.

It's better to fly with the eagles then drive with the turkeys.

Duct tape has a light side and dark side that binds our universe together.

Bad attatude lessons available here. To inquire, Check the box to the right. []

Comment

Originally posted by TKMJ Productions
                          We do some sound system work at powwows in northern California but never videotape anything at powwows.

We may take a few pictures on a digital camera of our equipment and our people for advertising and stuff, but never of dancers in the circle. If we get a great shot and a dancer just happens to be in the background, we rework the background on our computer so the dancer is just a blur.

Before taking a picture of a dancer, Please show respect and ask the dancer first. Use a digital camera that you can view the picture on and show it to the dancer for his or her approval. If the dancer wants you to erase it then do so in front of the dancer.

In the future our company may go into videotaping powwows. We have had that discussion many times but I'm not sure I want to get into it. A lot of our ndn people do not like their picture taken because of what they are wearing on their dance regalia.

Sometimes it's better to keep the picture in your heart and mind, then capture it on film.

Just a note: We are working with a drum that wants to do a music video.
                          Dear K. Hello. I live in Southern Calif, oddly enough was born in
                          Northern Calif. I keep missing local pow wows (Orange County
                          Fairgrounds ) Costa Mesa, Ca. Your post was quite informative.
                          Take care K'.
                          P.S., let us know when that "music video" comes out.
                          R.M. fan
                          ~heavens~
                          And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish,
                          neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand (KJV) John 10:28
                          ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
                          I asked the Lord to bless you As I prayed for you today,
                          To guide you and protect you As you go along your way..........
                          His love is always with you, His promises are true,
                          And when we give Him all our cares, You know He will see us through.
                          So when the road you're traveling on seems difficult at best,
                          Just remember I'm praying...........And God will do the rest.

http://musicdownloads.walmart.com/ca...&action=artist

Comment

Originally posted by heavens
                            Dear K. Hello. I live in Southern Calif, oddly enough was born in
                            Northern Calif. I keep missing local pow wows (Orange County
                            Fairgrounds ) Costa Mesa, Ca. Your post was quite informative.
                            Take care K'.
                            P.S., let us know when that "music video" comes out.
                            R.M. fan
                            ~heavens~
                            Heavens, I said we were working with a drum that wants to do a music video. I did not say we are doing the video. If it happens we will post it on powwows.
                            Don't ask me what I think about something unless you want a truthful anwser. It may not be the anwser you are looking for.

It's better to fly with the eagles then drive with the turkeys.

Duct tape has a light side and dark side that binds our universe together.

Bad attatude lessons available here. To inquire, Check the box to the right. []

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X