Clear All

• Whispering Winds Contest Powwow - Chinle, AZ

1st Annual Whispering Winds Contest Powwow
    March 16, 17, and 18, 2006
    Chinle Community Center, Chinle, AZ

MC: Pat Pacheco
    NH: Little Island Cree
    SH: Zotigh

Seven weekends to go on this one (third powwow in a row at Chinle).

Comment

I'm going....

Little Island Cree, here I come. Just for you.

Hey Techno, why did you have to post all these AZ powwows as separate threads? It takes FOREVER to get into these threads. You shoulda just made one thread and called it the AZ circuit or something like that. I've been on this website for at least an hour checking out all this info.

But thanks for the info anyway. I'm outta here.

Comment

Originally posted by Veon
        Little Island Cree, here I come. Just for you.

Hey Techno, why did you have to post all these AZ powwows as separate threads? It takes FOREVER to get into these threads. You shoulda just made one thread and called it the AZ circuit or something like that. I've been on this website for at least an hour checking out all this info.

But thanks for the info anyway. I'm outta here.
        So all those people that have nothing better to do than waste company time and resources can have something to do, eh?

Beside, I get more points that way!

Comment

How is this powwow? just wondering... and how big is the community center @ Chinle...?
          "~~<~~~Miss Nikita~~~>~~"

http://www.myspace.com/kitagal is where i be lol

Comment

Just so no one is confused, the following is from the "March 2006 - Smackdown at Chinle" thread:

10th Annual Canyon Echos Powwow - March 2-4, 2006
            MC: Kenneth Maryboy
            NH: Native Thunder
            SH: Bad Medicine

Chinle Youthfest Powwow - March 11, 2006 - "A Celebration of Generations"
            MC: Jay Begaye
            NH: Callin' Eagle
            SH: Cozad

1st Annual Whispering Winds Contest Powwow - March 16-18, 2006
            MC: Pat Pacheco
            NH: Little Island Cree
            SH: Zotigh

Comment

Don't care about points

I don't care about the points. It's not like the stuff you can get off your smoke packs like camping gear and such.

If you want to see our powwow schedule, just click on the link below.

http://www.freewebs.com/tkmj-productions
              Last edited by TKMJ Productions; 02-24-2006, 08:56 PM. Reason: misspelling
              Don't ask me what I think about something unless you want a truthful anwser. It may not be the anwser you are looking for.

It's better to fly with the eagles then drive with the turkeys.

Duct tape has a light side and dark side that binds our universe together.

Bad attatude lessons available here. To inquire, Check the box to the right. []

Comment

Two weekends away!

Get ready to jam with Little Island Cree and Zotigh!

Comment

bad medicine was a no show for last nights canyon echos. and the attendance was okay. damien bear dont have nada on your system TT. hopefully everybodsy waiting for whispering winds to come around cause it was alittle disapointing
                  thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

Works lack professionalism, and sponsor charged readmission at $8.00

Injunboy, yes I also am disappointed with it! ! ! Canyon Echoes was kind of disappointing. Had to complain about the readmission fee.......How stupid for the sponsor to charge readmission at $8.00 which is the regular admission fee. There only excuse was "Oh, we have people going in and out." How Stupid, I thought....is that what the powwow is all about, and greediness by charge regaular admission for readmission. I guess they didn't make enough for payouts so they need extra $$$ bling, bling.......

Comment

Re-admission Charges

Originally posted by wildcats06
                      Injunboy, yes I also am disappointed with it! ! ! Canyon Echoes was kind of disappointing. Had to complain about the readmission fee.......How stupid for the sponsor to charge readmission at $8.00 which is the regular admission fee. There only excuse was "Oh, we have people going in and out." How Stupid, I thought....is that what the powwow is all about, and greediness by charge regaular admission for readmission. I guess they didn't make enough for payouts so they need extra $$$ bling, bling.......
                      ^^^^ Do you think they will be charging for re-admission at the Whispering Winds powwow? I hope not.
                      If so, I hope there are bathrooms inside! LOL

Seriously, do you think so? I'd like to know before I head on out, IF I do......

Comment

I would feel better about traveling and spending money for hotels, is someone from Little Island Cree/Zotigh and the committee would reassure the public about the attandance of the host drums and the pay out.

There are rumors going around about no money and after Canyon Echos (no show host southern and no money and cheap tabulators).

Comment

Readmission might happen.............

It is disappointing, but readmission might apply. Who knows? ? Parents still trying to raise money.........still a Senior Class showdown just like Canyon Echoes. If I were you I won't make an effort to see Whispering Wind. Sponsor / Comittee are probably tryin' to deal with it in what had happen for Canyon Echoes. In the first place they shouldv'e stayed with one powwow rather than a split. Bad sponsor or shall I say bad committee's putting everyone in a rough spot. They only ruin it for themselves and other powwows......

Comment

Originally posted by wildcats06
                            It is disappointing, but readmission might apply. Who knows? ? Parents still trying to raise money.........still a Senior Class showdown just like Canyon Echoes. If I were you I won't make an effort to see Whispering Wind. Sponsor / Comittee are probably tryin' to deal with it in what had happen for Canyon Echoes. In the first place they shouldv'e stayed with one powwow rather than a split. Bad sponsor or shall I say bad committee's putting everyone in a rough spot. They only ruin it for themselves and other powwows......

GO TO YOUTHFEST!!!!

Youthfest has their act together!!.. different committee, different sponsers, etc, etc.
                            Happy Trails!....

Comment

Originally posted by Tradish_Mom
                              GO TO YOUTHFEST!!!!

Youthfest has their act together!!.. different committee, different sponsers, etc, etc.
                              DITTO!

I'm pretty sure this one is going to be all right!

Another 2 cents....
                              If Whispering Winds does not work out, then I think the split groups need to get their acts together. Where are the adults (sponsors and parents) in this picture? Shame on them for not working together and promoting team work among the students. They are suppose to be the role models. Everything in life is "give and take." Nothing succeeds without hard work and team work.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X