• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TKMJ Productions
    replied
    Originally posted by heavens
    Dear K. Hello. I live in Southern Calif, oddly enough was born in
    Northern Calif. I keep missing local pow wows (Orange County
    Fairgrounds ) Costa Mesa, Ca. Your post was quite informative.
    Take care K'.
    P.S., let us know when that "music video" comes out.
    R.M. fan
    ~heavens~
    Heavens, I said we were working with a drum that wants to do a music video. I did not say we are doing the video. If it happens we will post it on powwows.

Leave a comment:

• heavens
    replied
    Originally posted by TKMJ Productions
    We do some sound system work at powwows in northern California but never videotape anything at powwows.

We may take a few pictures on a digital camera of our equipment and our people for advertising and stuff, but never of dancers in the circle. If we get a great shot and a dancer just happens to be in the background, we rework the background on our computer so the dancer is just a blur.

Before taking a picture of a dancer, Please show respect and ask the dancer first. Use a digital camera that you can view the picture on and show it to the dancer for his or her approval. If the dancer wants you to erase it then do so in front of the dancer.

In the future our company may go into videotaping powwows. We have had that discussion many times but I'm not sure I want to get into it. A lot of our ndn people do not like their picture taken because of what they are wearing on their dance regalia.

Sometimes it's better to keep the picture in your heart and mind, then capture it on film.

Just a note: We are working with a drum that wants to do a music video.
    Dear K. Hello. I live in Southern Calif, oddly enough was born in
    Northern Calif. I keep missing local pow wows (Orange County
    Fairgrounds ) Costa Mesa, Ca. Your post was quite informative.
    Take care K'.
    P.S., let us know when that "music video" comes out.
    R.M. fan
    ~heavens~

Leave a comment:

• TKMJ Productions
    replied
    Originally posted by heavens
    hey do you ever come out to California to videotape Powwows?
    ~heavens~
    We do some sound system work at powwows in northern California but never videotape anything at powwows.

We may take a few pictures on a digital camera of our equipment and our people for advertising and stuff, but never of dancers in the circle. If we get a great shot and a dancer just happens to be in the background, we rework the background on our computer so the dancer is just a blur.

Before taking a picture of a dancer, Please show respect and ask the dancer first. Use a digital camera that you can view the picture on and show it to the dancer for his or her approval. If the dancer wants you to erase it then do so in front of the dancer.

In the future our company may go into videotaping powwows. We have had that discussion many times but I'm not sure I want to get into it. A lot of our ndn people do not like their picture taken because of what they are wearing on their dance regalia.

Sometimes it's better to keep the picture in your heart and mind, then capture it on film.

Just a note: We are working with a drum that wants to do a music video.

Leave a comment:

• heavens
    replied
    Originally posted by TKMJ Productions
    I don't care about the points. It's not like the stuff you can get off your smoke packs like camping gear and such.

If you want to see our powwow schedule, just click on the link below.

http://www.freewebs.com/tkmj-productions
    hey do you ever come out to California to videotape Powwows?
    ~heavens~

Leave a comment:

• swbreez
    replied
    I think the overall singing at this pow-wow was good. I also think that Pat Pacheco was one of the better MC's I've heard in this area for a long time. He was knowledgable, informative and funny. I also think that the president of the senior class or this club did a great job, Jonathan Francisco. I saw him hustling and he was quite cordial. It was fun to dance.

Leave a comment:

• Dazzle_me_now
    replied
    Originally posted by kiyaanii mom
    Yes, it is.

I forgot to change the name on my listing. Ooops!
    WOOHOO!!! congrats TATE!!

Leave a comment:

• Goshute
    replied
    I wish I had a recorder also! LIC asked me on sunday if I took any pic of thm singing when the whisltle blew I them no I was with my son in the arena dancing. I did think of taking a pic of tht but didn't do it. LIC really did a jam when those whistle's went off though.

Leave a comment:

• kiyaanii mom
    replied
    Originally posted by Dazzle_me_now
    Was 1st place Raetava Yazzie?
    just wondering!
    Yes, it is.

I forgot to change the name on my listing. Ooops!

Leave a comment:

• Grizzly
    replied
    ~Whispering Winds Contest Powwow - Chinle, AZ~

Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno
    You missed out big time ... Blu Thunder was belting out some mean tunes (the Friday night intertribal and the boys grass contest song were absolutely awesome)!

Yeah, I know... I had to take care of business this past weekend and missed out on that road trip... AHO! Thanks for the props bro...

Leave a comment:

• Tradish_Mom
    replied
    Thanks For The Winners List....

Sounds Like A Doozy!!

Way To Go.. "zaya".. And Matt.. And Lyle And, And, ...

Leave a comment:

• Dazzle_me_now
    replied
    Originally posted by kiyaanii mom
    Sorry if I butcher the name and spelling.....

Teens
    Traditional combined
    3rd - Utania Nelson
    2nd - Marissa Woody
    1st - Atania Yazzie
    Was 1st place Raetava Yazzie?
    just wondering!

Leave a comment:

• xTekno
    replied
    Originally posted by injunboy
    LIC got whistled up three times sat night. i picked the wrong night to forget my recorder dammit.

was that tawny hale the missed part of her sat night contest?? if not that was a good imposter..
    I may have the three-whistle LIC tune on my laptop. If I do, Injunboy has to ask me for it!

I think her name is Kelly if you're referring to who I think you are. She is from Flagstaff.

Leave a comment:

• injunboy
    replied
    LIC got whistled up three times sat night. i picked the wrong night to forget my recorder dammit.

was that tawny hale the missed part of her sat night contest?? if not that was a good imposter..

Leave a comment:

• AEn8ive_kita
    replied
    Originally posted by Grizzly
    I missed out on both Chinle and Zuni... How was gathering @ Zuni??

Zuni was alright. I forgot the dance results but the drum results was 1st-Rio Grande, 2nd- Black Creek (? a group from Tuba City), and 3rd- Sun Eagle. The drums were sounding good tho, I liked Southern Slam and Bow Guard was jamming!!! Overall, it was a relaxing powwow.

Leave a comment:

• xTekno
    replied
    Originally posted by injunboy
    yeah, i think its time for zotigh to retire... lol
    I had fun with the backup singers! So, Zotigh can't retire for a few more years!

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X