Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you like to beat in competition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it when i beat anyone younger than me.... haha....
    sigpic

Contest Coordinator & Calendar Admin
    [email protected]

Comment

LOL^^^^^That's funny. I am getting to where I am just satisfied to place, or even finish the song sometimes, much less worry about "beating" someone else. LOL Anywayz, times change and so does the pow wow circuit. I always tell my kids not to be intimidated on the basketball court or softball field because "Anybody can be beat on any given day". That may very well apply to the dance competition arena, though we were taught"we are competing against the drum, it is the one that will make you dance like a champion, or it will trick you and make you realize you are only human". I have been tricked several times and I have felt the thrill of a good song that will make you dance your heart out. You are a true champion when you dance in spirit with the drum, whether anyone votes for you or not.
      I am thankful for my grandparents, my parents, my brothers, my aunties and uncles, my children, my companion and all of those who influenced me to be strong and proud of being who I am and where I come from. Knowledge is power

Comment

Originally posted by sltate
        LOL^^^^^That's funny. I am getting to where I am just satisfied to place, or even finish the song sometimes, much less worry about "beating" someone else. LOL Anywayz, times change and so does the pow wow circuit. I always tell my kids not to be intimidated on the basketball court or softball field because "Anybody can be beat on any given day". That may very well apply to the dance competition arena, though we were taught"we are competing against the drum, it is the one that will make you dance like a champion, or it will trick you and make you realize you are only human". I have been tricked several times and I have felt the thrill of a good song that will make you dance your heart out. You are a true champion when you dance in spirit with the drum, whether anyone votes for you or not.
        Well said!
        Poetry is life in print.

https://poetryislifeinprint.wordpress.com/

https://www.facebook.com/KarlieCharlesSoftball/

Comment

I would love to beat the drum.

Most trick songs I've been tricked on, I would love to beat the drum each and everytime. That's the real competition.

Comment

True Enough!

Originally posted by sltate

Comment

Originally posted by kiiyaaniiasdzaa
              Most trick songs I've been tricked on, I would love to beat the drum each and everytime. That's the real competition.

You aint neva lied! I dance Southern Women's Cloth and on so many songs I swore up and down I was on beat until the honor beat came and I was obviously off my rocker.
              Poetry is life in print.

https://poetryislifeinprint.wordpress.com/

https://www.facebook.com/KarlieCharlesSoftball/

Comment

Goodness, i'd really like to take 1st but taking any place is GREAT to me.....personally i'd like to see my sister take it all!!
                *BE EASY*

Comment

Stayin' on beat with the drum is the main part of the competition is what i think also. And just dancing your heart out.
                  Last edited by Siouxper_Bunz; 01-09-2006, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X