• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dine'28
    NATIVE AMERICAN FESTIVAL AT MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY

FRIDAY March 17, 2006
    Performance by Keith Secola
    Here's more info:

Native Nights: Educating and Entertaining
    Friday before the pow-wow in the MSU Union Ballroom.
    8 PM-MIDNIGHT

Sandra Schulman is Cherokee and will show her recently completed film "The Ballad of Peter LaFarge." It is a short documentary about classic rock Indian songwriter...you guessed it... Peter LaFarge! This will be the first showing of the film on a college campus! Following the film, Sandra will answer questions and then introduce renowned Ojibway recording artist Keith Secola! Secola, a well known folk/rock musician, most famous for his song "NDN Kar," has a newly released CD, Native Americana. Secola is bound to give a memorable performance! Following his show, Secola will welcome local musicians on stage with him for an open-mic jam session!

This is a FREE event, and families are welcomed to attend!

For more information, please contact Micky Magnuson at [email protected].

Comment

Juss curious...who is the Smoke Dance singer?

Illi...that means you should be out there practicing!! Only 2 more months til that special
      "Talk Is Fine- If You Got The Time, But I Ain't Got No Time To Spare...."

Comment

Hey NDN eyes do you know if my dad is goin to this powwow? I might go but I dunno.
        wambli ob'mani

Comment

Originally posted by Strugganona
          Juss curious...who is the Smoke Dance singer?
          I will - I will!!!..... (j/k)
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

ha ha ha...If thats true, than I will be your back-up! And I'll get an entourage together for us for after.

Comment

Originally posted by wastewin
              Hey NDN eyes do you know if my dad is goin to this powwow? I might go but I dunno.
              Hey woman!!! He says he is but I don't know for sure. You should come hang out with me anyway. It'd be nice to see you again

Comment

Eagle Flight from Ontario has just been added to our drum lineup!!!

Comment

Address?

I was trying to get directions to this piece, and I cant find the address to the Jenison Fieldhouse. Anyone got it so i can try to avoid stumbling my way there? Dont get me wrong, that makes the trip soooooo much more interesting...but I got to make Grand Entry...

Comment

Don't worry Struggie. Everything will be revealed soon. Directions, payouts, categories.
                    It appears to be very secretive right now, but have patience. There's still 12 days left.
                    Keep checkin' back, daily. It will be here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwehnzii
                      Don't worry Struggie. Everything will be revealed soon. Directions, payouts, categories.
                      It appears to be very secretive right now, but have patience. There's still 12 days left.
                      Keep checkin' back, daily. It will be here.

Does that mean that your going to be there? GREAT! Im writing a Post-It to remember that picture of Dall! I'll be there.....if I get those directions....ha ha ha

Comment

Directions

Originally posted by Strugganona
                        I was trying to get directions to this piece, and I cant find the address to the Jenison Fieldhouse. Anyone got it so i can try to avoid stumbling my way there? Dont get me wrong, that makes the trip soooooo much more interesting...but I got to make Grand Entry...
                        If there is an address to Jenison, I can't find it. Sorry. Here's the MSU link with a map though. Hope it helps.

Jenison Fieldhouse

Comment

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ad...824&country=us

This got me there last year...^^^ good luck!

Comment

Smoke Dance Singer?

This question was asked a while back...but...has the committee decided on a Smoke Dancer Singer or what???? Sounds like some things are up in the air still. Juss Wondering!

Comment

Whattaheck, they should just hire you.

Comment

Originally posted by whattaheck
                                This question was asked a while back...but...has the committee decided on a Smoke Dancer Singer or what???? Sounds like some things are up in the air still. Juss Wondering!
                                ha ha ha...Kiwehnzii has a point...If not, theres always Ohontsia...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X