• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • *Kwe_Zee*
    is actually posting!
    • Apr 2000

Originally posted by Kiwehnzii
    Be patient. At least they got the dates so far.

LMAO! You're such a smart-butt Ki!

Comment

• heysho
      ANOTHER STINKIN INJUN!!!!
      • Jun 2004

[QUOTE=Jshine5]Oh yea, and who might that be?? [/QUO

IF I'M CORRECT I MIGHT KNOW WHO YOU ARE! I HUNG OUT WITH U THREE ON MILL AVE ON A THURSDAY NITE BEFORE NEW YEARS EVE IN DOWNTOWN TEMPE, AZ. IM THE DUDE THAT SHOWED UP LATER ON THAT NITE AND WE ALL WENT BAR HOPPING.....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! NICE MEETING YOU TOO!
      Last edited by WhoMe; 01-19-2006, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• injunboy
        kitozudoto
        • Apr 2002

WhoMe edited heysho, no wonder he sounded civil....*L*
        thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

• **jdazmum**
          PowWows.com Addicts
          • May 2004

Hey, stop raining on Heysho's fun........j/ks.

JShine-No, not someone you know..........not someone we both know anyways. So how's the planning going? Hey it finally snowed here today, it was awesome! It'd be nice to head up there, but I can't personally. You coming down for Gathering? If so, it'd be nice to see you there.
          Fall down 7 times, get up 8. MY FAMOUS WORDS.

Comment

• Jshine5
            last pow wow, graduating!
            • Apr 2005

The planning's going alright. We will have more details up on this thread soon. We are in the process of confirming our head staff, setting the prize monies, and picking our host hotel. We'll post as soon as we figure out these details. Sorry to everyone about all the confusion and the lateness of this information. Hey so did you get the email I sent you? Did you ask the guys? Let me know, it'd be nice to hear back from you in email. I've always wanted to go to Gathering, but I just need some people to drive down there with! From the pictures I've seen, the amount of people looks amazing. Hope to hear from you soon. My email is [email protected].

Jen

Comment

• injunboy
              kitozudoto
              • Apr 2002

jshine you sound fun.. lets hang out.

oh and who are you talking to?
              thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

• **jdazmum**
                PowWows.com Addicts
                • May 2004

She's talking to me.

Sure thing Jenn, it'll be up to 50 to relay the message to them. They'll be at Gilbert Powwow this weekend, but we aren't going. I'll be sure to send you some pics of the powwows out this way.

Comment

• Dine'28
                  ~*^*~SMASH~*^*~
                  • Apr 2003

Degree

Originally posted by WhoMe
                  Or,

Maybe you get a degree in "powwow love" when the powwows over?

Yes, that is our intention, everyone who comes to the MSU Pow-Wow of Love "Honoring Education" will receive an honorary degree in "Pow-Wow Love"....just kidding.

No, the reason we have the secondary title is because it's our actual pow-wow theme. People know and recognize our pow-wow by its name of MSU Pow-Wow of Love, but its not necessarily our theme every year, although there have been a few successes in LOVE.. . For example, our Pow-Wow a couple years ago was MSU Pow-Wow of Love "Special Edition" because we hosted a lot of specials.
                  This year at our pow-wow we will have a series of posters up throughout Pow-Wow weekend to detail the development of American Indian education at Michigan State University. We will also be honoring all those who value education. We will also be stressing to the youth the importance of American Indian people becoming educated. There will be several booths up regarding Indian education.
                  So, that's why it is called "Honoring Education"
                  Last edited by Dine'28; 01-20-2006, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• ndn_lady
                    Junior Dancer
                    • Jun 2004

Msu

Now that the 'Theme' has been clarified...Head Staff and other details would be appreciated as soon as ya find out! Thanx :D
                    Last year was pretty fun, but please get the SOUND fixed this year! Good drum groups but they couldn't be heard clearly- sounded weird.

Comment

• Jshine5
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ndn_lady
                      Now that the 'Theme' has been clarified...Head Staff and other details would be appreciated as soon as ya find out! Thanx :D
                      Last year was pretty fun, but please get the SOUND fixed this year! Good drum groups but they couldn't be heard clearly- sounded weird.
                      OK, here's some details everyone's been waiting for:

MC: Sandon Jacobs (North Carolina)
                      Arena Director: Paul Johnson (Michigan)
                      Head Veteran: George Martin (Michigan)
                      Head Male Dancer: Matt Pheasant (Ontario)
                      Head Female Dancer: Melissa Shane (Montana)
                      Head Dance Judges: Nigel and Heather Schuyler (Michigan)

Invited Drums
                      Tha Tribe (Kansas)
                      Krooked Lake (Michigan)
                      Snake Island Singers (Ontario)
                      Redstone Ojibway (Ontario)
                      Aasineese Singers (Michigan)
                      Eagle Flight (Ontario)

Host hotel
                      Marriott TownePlace Suites
                      2855 Hannah Boulevard
                      East Lansing, Michigan 48823
                      Phone: 1-517-203-1000
                      Make a reservation
                      When making a reservation online, please enter the following Group codes to get the special pow-wow rate:
                      "POWPOWA" for a one bedroom studio $69/night
                      "POWPOWB" for a 2 bedroom suite $89/night
                      When making a reservation by phone, also mention the pow-wow to get these rates.
                      This hotel is located right across the street from campus. All rooms feature a living room with a full kitchen. 1/3 of the one bedrooms also have a pullout couch.

This year, there will be no drum contest, but there will be a dance contest. We are still having a few specials also.

Specials for Drums
                      Hand Drum Contest
                      Love Song Contest (this will be judged during the two-step contest)
                      Drum Team Dance Contest

Specials for Dancers
                      Iron Man/Iron Woman Contest
                      Two-Step Contest
                      Smoke Dance Contest

As far as the sound goes, we have the best sound system we can possibly get. (Our NAISO advisor works for the Sound Department at MSU.) It's the building that messes up the sound. Jenison Fieldhouse is an indoor track, with high ceilings that create an echo. We are looking into placing some speakers in the center of the arena, but we can't make any guarantees that this will help. I can't post any prize money amounts until we have secured all our funding from the university. Sorry for the lateness of this information, we'll post more soon. We hope everyone will join us this year for the 23rd Pow-Wow of Love!
                      Last edited by Jshine5; 03-06-2006, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• kneegrow_native
                        whip cream is better
                        • Mar 2002

Just an idea for the sound part here:

At University of Idaho they place four speakers, one at each corner of the arena that amps the drums for the dancers in the arena. Then there are separate speakers up high that amp the MC. If you are on the arena the drums are rockin

This was done this way because it is also an indoor athletic facility. Works real well.
                        It is so sad that a family can torn apart by something as simple as a wild pack of dogs.

Comment

• Jshine5
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by kneegrow_native
                          Just an idea for the sound part here:

At University of Idaho they place four speakers, one at each corner of the arena that amps the drums for the dancers in the arena. Then there are separate speakers up high that amp the MC. If you are on the arena the drums are rockin

This was done this way because it is also an indoor athletic facility. Works real well.
                          Thanks for the suggestion! I'll bring it up to the committee.

Comment

• cute_jinglin_sweetie
                            Junior Dancer
                            • Jan 2003

Sounds Fun

Just out of curiosity, what is the prize money? I'll be there anyway, but just wondering....
                            :49:

Comment

• **jdazmum**
                              PowWows.com Addicts
                              • May 2004

Hey Jenn, how's the planning? Just wondering how you are doing? You guys should make a site for this powwow so we can browse pics.

Comment

• Joe's Dad
                                The voices tell me...
                                • Nov 2004

I'm going to this powwow just to see Jshine!!! Kiddin
                                Way to go Sandon on being the MC. "Watch it bud!!!"lol

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.