Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

»GATHERINGS '06« What's it like there?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walela49
    yup, it's expensive and crowded...also be prepared to climb lots and lots of stairs...don't know if you've noticed in pics, but it's in a sunken basketball arena...also take nice cushy padding, blankets, pillows, whatever...cuz dem seats and benches are HARD!
    Yeppers, Natives wall to wall. Saturday night session is usually packed so find a seat during Gourd. Hard seating- think that's why natives supposedly have no butt? Bring Looking glass (binoculars) to scope out possible snags. So wear your sunday best on saturday.
    Didn't go last couple of years, planning on attending this overly hyped shindig. Just to see who gets the gate.

Comment

The best part of this powwow is all the "brown-ness".

The worst part? You'll read it here. Who got shafted, etc.

Comment

OK then...the positives +++++++

Albuquerque-nice city, good weather, good southwestern food, full of culture, both Native American and Hispanic. Colorful city, proud of its heritage. Unique architecture reflects this culture.

Santa Fe, nearby, if you have time, check out this beautiful city.

Pueblos-if you have time, check them out, beautiful villages, artwork and food to share. Hospitality abounds.

Albuquerque, not too much traffic, (until you get near the Pit), plenty of hotels and accomodations.

The powwow-exciting, always a show in between the contesting, never a dull moment. Wall-to-wall dancers, beautiful, colorful regalia reflecting Native stylez, entering into the pit from 4 directions. Good singing, good contesting, good participation from the crowds, cheering and applauding. Everyone in anticipation of a good, memorable powwow.

Gatheirng of Nations-an experience, not to be forgotten.

You gotta do it at least once.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwehnzii
          The best part of this powwow is all the "brown-ness".

The worst part? You'll read it here. Who got shafted, etc.
          HAHAHA! very true...GON is just somethin ya gotta experience just once in your life....i love the craziness. WhoMe is right...pizza will deliver there! (nice one about LBH)
          *BE EASY*

Comment

k den... im sure we wont have to worry bout making reservations... stayin with family der!!! gonna be so much FUN!

dont worry... no one discouraged me!!
            btw im also lookin forward to hearing the songs of......... ATSA BUTTE cuz to tell you the truth their on my top ten fav drum groups teh heh =D

Comment

Originally posted by LiLT206
              dont worry... no one discouraged me!!
              btw im also lookin forward to hearing the songs of......... ATSA BUTTE cuz to tell you the truth their on my top ten fav drum groups teh heh =D
              Well, Thank You. We hope to meet you and hang out with ya. We'll be there, just having a great time singin' and being among friends. Hope you have a great time there for your first Gatherings. Words can't describe everything that goes on, you have to experience it first hand.

Comment

The Pit...

Originally posted by walela49
                yup, it's expensive and crowded...also be prepared to climb lots and lots of stairs...don't know if you've noticed in pics, but it's in a sunken basketball arena...also take nice cushy padding, blankets, pillows, whatever...cuz dem seats and benches are HARD!
                We dont call it the Pitt for nuthing!!!
                TX ta Cali...

Comment

Good Memorable Powwow ...

Originally posted by Veon
                  Albuquerque-nice city, good weather, good southwestern food, full of culture, both Native American and Hispanic. Colorful city, proud of its heritage. Unique architecture reflects this culture.

Santa Fe, nearby, if you have time, check out this beautiful city.

Pueblos-if you have time, check them out, beautiful villages, artwork and food to share. Hospitality abounds.

Albuquerque, not too much traffic, (until you get near the Pit), plenty of hotels and accomodations.

The powwow-exciting, always a show in between the contesting, never a dull moment. Wall-to-wall dancers, beautiful, colorful regalia reflecting Native stylez, entering into the pit from 4 directions. Good singing, good contesting, good participation from the crowds, cheering and applauding. Everyone in anticipation of a good, memorable powwow.

Gatheirng of Nations-an experience, not to be forgotten.

You gotta do it at least once.
                  Why else would we call it Gathering Of Nations
                  TX ta Cali...

Comment

My Greatest Bestes Powwow Ever!

OMG!!!...GATHERINGS IS LIKE THEE MOST FUNNEST POWWOW EVER!...I LOVE GOING HERE...YOU GET TO SEE ALL THE NEW BEADWORKS...THE PRETTY NEW DRESSES..THE NEW STYLES!!!....AND PLUS ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!..ALL THERE WITH U AT ONCE!..ALL IN THE SAME PLACE!...THIS POWWOW IS WHAT I LOOK FORWARD TO EVERY YEAR!!!!!...I LOVE IT..LOVE IT....LOVE IT...AND LOVE IT!!!!...HAHA

Comment

Originally posted by buckskin pantyhose
                      Q: What's Bruce Lee's Favorite sports drink???

A: WAAAAAAAAHTAAAAAAAAH!!!

Bux,

Is Bruce Lee Chinese, Japanese or ChuckyCheese? *L Jeeez!

So, are we meeting at Graham's again? Are you going to Denver March?

P.S. Tell Sonny Boy congrats for his new position at the NMAI! I talked to his grandma (on Nina's side) on Tuesday at a funeral feast!
                      Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Best advice is to buy your tickets online or ahead of time at least. here's another:

Don't Dance competively
                        Don't Sing competively

That way you can get up and leave at anytime and enjoy the pow-wow and hit the parties, cause GON won't get over til late. There will be plenty of peeps ready to join ya and then all the dancers/singers will be in envy of ya.

hoot...hootcha

Comment

Buckskin Pantyhose-I really adore your avatar? Cute.

GON-is loads of fun if you make it fun. I look forward to buying cd's here every year and meet new people. THe only thing is how crowded the upper level gets, but that's all expected of that powwow. I just want to see which back-up singers take it this year. Expect to see about 10,000 natives in one spot and don't forget the stadium chair, you'll need it.
                          Fall down 7 times, get up 8. MY FAMOUS WORDS.

Comment

on sat nite do not go outside for a smoke break cuz security will lock u out, even with ur tickets...
                            "would u like to lick the frybread greaze off of my lippz??"

check out - http://www.iGive.com/porcupineclinic

Comment

Originally posted by wannabeUrNo1Snag
                              on sat nite do not go outside for a smoke break cuz security will lock u out, even with ur tickets...
                              well i dun think thatll be a problem cuz i dont smoke..............

and tickets???? i didnt kno u can buy tickets it must be on their website i gotta go check it out k....

Comment

dayum i wanna go, bubble, think u could swing to da eastside n pick a native up?
                                bucwild2012

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X