Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

»GATHERINGS '06« What's it like there?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• »GATHERINGS '06« What's it like there?!?

I'm going THIS YEAR!!! I'm all happy and excited... I've never ever ever ever ever ever been der... so whats it like there???????????????
    Last edited by **BubbleTrouble206**; 02-03-2006, 10:22 PM. Reason: my stooopid font

They like to make rabbit stew there!

Jusss kiddin LilT! Hope u have fun when u get there and win 1st place in your category!

JD

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's Dad
      They like to make rabbit stew there!

Jusss kiddin LilT! Hope u have fun when u get there and win 1st place in your category!

JD

aw thanks!!!! ive been there..... just not the powwow!!!! were from down ther... im really looking forward to it!!!

so really how crowded is it!?!

Comment

wall to wall people - really really really crowded. it took me and my six week old like 30 - 45 minutes to go from my seats through the crowd to get to the nearest bathroom and back again. get there early (really really early) or you won't get tix to get in .. bring lots of money cuz it's an expensive pow wow.
        Watch your broken dreams...
        Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

yup, it's expensive and crowded...also be prepared to climb lots and lots of stairs...don't know if you've noticed in pics, but it's in a sunken basketball arena...also take nice cushy padding, blankets, pillows, whatever...cuz dem seats and benches are HARD!
          sigpic

See my trading post ads
          See my photo gallery
          See walela49's myspace page

Comment

Thanks everyone!!! heres what i got so far...

-get there early
            -bring pillows n blankets!
            -bring moneyy

Comment

oooooh, take a camera to sneak lots of pics...we wanna see you winnin' that contest!!

and make sure you flirt with Cricket Shields...one of the Arena Directors...aaayyyyeee!!!....jk

and puts lots and lots of money out for the Zotigh drum during the gourd dancin'!! hahahaha
              sigpic

See my trading post ads
              See my photo gallery

Comment

Originally posted by LiLT206
                aw

so really how crowded is it!?!

LilT,

There's more Indians swarming around a group of white people than....

...there was at the Little Big Horn!!!
                Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

....and don't forget to watch out for the bouncers in the "SECURITY" t-shirts.

Comment

More helpful hints

Do not buy food on-site. Eat before you go to the powwow. Ndn tacos were going for $8 at the powwow, last year.

Make your hotel reservations, well in advance, (like right now)

Buy your admission tickets in advance, (on-line). You can pick them up at will-call when you arrive. Last year there was a snafu on admission tix, crowds of people couldn't get in.

Comment

Originally posted by Veon
                      Do not buy food on-site. Eat before you go to the powwow.

Or do what we do...

Order dominos pizza and meet them at the dancer's entrance!
                      Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

LMAO! Buy a stadium seat, bring your own ice chest if you have to, bring binoculars if you have to search for someone across the arena (I do), for sure if you have to, eat outside before you get there, don't try to hover around the drums, you'll get knocked out by them seceerty guards, be prepared to stay after midnight and bring lots of money. Good tips everyone! Last year the big deal was them expensive prices on food and the security guards. Oh! don't forget, get tickets right away or you'll end up standing in a line going around the arena.
                        Fall down 7 times, get up 8. MY FAMOUS WORDS.

Comment

getting there early will solve alot of problems with parking, admission, *oh yeah try and get a braclet*, seating. and lasstly theres always DRAMA... little things get blown way out in space. and one last thing the grand entry.. its just hella long. like forty five minutes long. be prepared.
                          thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

sheeeeesh, this thread is starting to sound like "Top 10 Reasons Not To Go To GON"...LOL....

but we don't wanna discourage you lilT...everybody's gotta experience it at least once!
                            sigpic

See my trading post ads
                            See my photo gallery

Comment

other wise, have a great time there and you be the judge on whether you go or not next year. It's a nice big powwow in my book. We're there every year no matter what.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X