Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice on important issue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by sokoki_wolf
    lol we could make a small fortune on popcorn alone lately
    Gots to have one of them bags of popcorn. Where the popcorn stand? lol

    Business 101--Try to sell a product at a profit, no matter who gets screwed.

    Indian Business 101 --Don't be the product, hell, it's been going on 500 years too long.


    Sorry if I had spoken out of turn...

    Comment


    • #32
      This Thread is very troublesome!
      Don't we have enough problems without a wannabe group popping up and trying to make things worse?

      I have traveled for many years across the Country, attending powwows. I grew up in the circle. I have seen non indians put on a powwow that was respectable and I have seen indians put on powwows that are downright shameful!

      The road is both ways. But this takes the cake.

      I like many other people check the powwow calendar here on powwows.com in order to see what powwows are happening.
      I like many others travel to dance and to visit old friends, family and make new friends. Sometimes we go to support a drum that we know. I have done this all my life.

      Of the non indian sponsored powwows that I have gone to, there has been mutual respect. (granted they are far and few between) But no one at these powwows ever called themselves Chief!
      How disrespectful can one be? Well I think this says it loud and clear. And then to add insult to injury, post that it is a Comanche man that calls himself Chief. Hmmmm.
      I wonder if John Clark has heard of this? What about all the other Comanche people? hmmmmm bet they didn't know that they had a new chief.

      This reminds me of another group of people with self appointed Chiefs, Sub Chiefs and Medicine people.
      No respect!!!!

      I won't post the name of the group here as that is not what I am here to say (however if you have a need to know, just ask me in private and I will tell you).

      I grew up doing things in the traditional way, but with todays way of life, true things change but not our ways!

      The drum is the heart beat of the people! With this drum we dance, sing, pray, honor, bring new life in, tell stories, send a relative walking on in strength, and so much more.
      To disrespect a drum is to disrespect our ancestors and our people. It is also a disrespect to the creator!!!!

      This drum has been attacked by those with a bad heart!
      This drum needs protected by the people.

      The people who are responsible need to make things right!!!
      They are the ones who brought it out into the public (becareful of bringing out your dirty laundry in public, you may not like the comments).

      I plan on doing some research to see if I can find this drum and gift them and their family. If I can't I will gift a drum in their honor! My family will make a song for this drum.

      Although my family had nothing to do with this situation, we have agreed that we want to do this to help heal the drum and the family that supports the drum.

      If the attacked drum were to be asked (in the correct way) to make good the contract. Then I should think that the people who attacked the drum would make public an apology and make things right with the drum. That is if the drum accepted the request to follow through on the contract.
      Since there has obviously been libel as well as slander against this drum, then threre would be some serious legal ground for a lawsuit. However reading what Standingbear wrote, I don't see this drum as the type that would take it to court unless pushed beyond. It seems that this drum is trying to be honest and good hearted.

      I look forward to hearing that things were taken care of in the proper way and that this drum has the support of the people. We as a people must stand up and take care of each other (no one else will). United we are strong like the forest of lodgepoles, where when only one stands it bends and breaks in the storm.

      I look forward to attending a powwow that this drum sings at and shaking their hands (heck I may even make some frybread for them).

      Oh by the way, this morning rain and her chief should also apologize to the Comanche, and the other people that they have wronged, along with those of their group who they have hurt with what she has said. With the words that she used and the way that she did it, I will be very surprised if the powwow even happens after this.

      (oh well do do happens enit!)

      Comment


      • #33
        How much ya' want for the popcorn? I'll pay you 100 points.

        Comment


        • #34
          Addendum to my last post.

          I want to clarify something.
          I was in no way saying that John Clark was or is a Chief.
          He is however a very respected Comanche Elder.

          Sorry for any confusion.



          (Gosh I just got so flustered, aaaayyyyyyeeeeee, it happens to the best of us, enit?)

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by WocusWoman
            How much ya' want for the popcorn? I'll pay you 100 points.
            its free... this is a good thread to watch
            sigpic
            TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

            (and no,this isnt zeek)

            Comment


            • #36
              frybread stand

              Ok, let's see how many fry bred do I need to make for all of us watching this thread. Should I put on some corn soup too?
              I already have the coffee on.

              Ayyyyyyyeeeeeee

              Comment


              • #37
                Apology

                My name is Cille Featherwoman Shaner and my husband is Rick Nightwalker Shaner. I have been handed the responsibility of the April powwow for the Regional Native Community. Before I can go on with any plans we, as a group, need to make an abject, very humble apology to the Wolf Creek Singers and to Jim Standing Bear Barnes. Some harsh words were spoken and in a very public place where it should not have been done. We as a group wish to recant any and all negative words and insuations made. We as a group are truly sorry that events have come to this pass. We humbly ask Wolf Creek Singers and Jim Standing Bear to forgive us for our faux paux. We also apologise to the powwows.com community for events being aired in a public forum where red and white can view all. The person that was in charge and made this mistake has been removed from her position.

                Comment


                • #38
                  makes more popcorn...anyone need any?
                  sigpic
                  TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

                  (and no,this isnt zeek)

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by featherwoman
                    My name is Cille Featherwoman Shaner and my husband is Rick Nightwalker Shaner. I have been handed the responsibility of the April powwow for the Regional Native Community. Before I can go on with any plans we, as a group, need to make an abject, very humble apology to the Wolf Creek Singers and to Jim Standing Bear Barnes. Some harsh words were spoken and in a very public place where it should not have been done. We as a group wish to recant any and all negative words and insuations made. We as a group are truly sorry that events have come to this pass. We humbly ask Wolf Creek Singers and Jim Standing Bear to forgive us for our faux paux. We also apologise to the powwows.com community for events being aired in a public forum where red and white can view all. The person that was in charge and made this mistake has been removed from her position.
                    Well it's a start, Not the best one but a start.
                    It's going to take a lot more then this to make things right.
                    Last edited by wind-in-hair; 02-21-2006, 10:26 PM. Reason: computer glitch on my end

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Information Requested

                      OK

                      So what is the outcome of this powwow and drum thing?
                      Is the powwow going to go on? Have things been taken care of with the drum?

                      I noticed that this Morningrain person has removed all her notes from this thread. It sounds to me that this Morningrain is the problem. It is good that someone else has taken the responsibility to try and correct the wrongs that have been done. It shows that some people in this so called band of indians do have some honor.

                      Now back to the original question. Who has done what over this problem?

                      You guys put this up here for the entire indian world to see. You are being watched by many Nations to see what you do.

                      and: Who is making the frybread?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        First let me say that Im sorry that all this was done the way that it was and it still saddens me to know that even now we as people try to hurt each other in the ways that we do.We have enough outsiders that are more then happy to do that for us.To answer Wind question.......yes the woman was removed and is not connected with any of the organizers there,she nor her husband will be allowed at the grounds.
                        The ones who have taken over have been in contact with the elders here in the area and have taken the steps to make things right.I have spoken to them myself and believe that the ones over the powwow now knew very little of what was going on.We as a drum dont see why alot of people need to suffer over the stupidity of 2 so we are going to still honor our contract and drum this powwow.If you have any more questions wind in hair I will be glad to answer them if I can.
                        50 years ago you rarely seen mixed nations in the same dance cirle or sitting on each others drums,shareing family stories.There is a man out west that ive never seen or met but he calls one night at my sisters over christmas and gifts us with these stories,stories unlike any ive heard and I wanted to learn them,50 years ago he may have said no but he said he would teach them to me.Things like that is what seperates us as human beings from the rest of the world,Those actions is what makes us brothers and sisters.just something to think about!
                        peace

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by standingbear67
                          First let me say that Im sorry that all this was done the way that it was and it still saddens me to know that even now we as people try to hurt each other in the ways that we do.We have enough outsiders that are more then happy to do that for us.To answer Wind question.......yes the woman was removed and is not connected with any of the organizers there,she nor her husband will be allowed at the grounds.
                          The ones who have taken over have been in contact with the elders here in the area and have taken the steps to make things right.I have spoken to them myself and believe that the ones over the powwow now knew very little of what was going on.We as a drum dont see why alot of people need to suffer over the stupidity of 2 so we are going to still honor our contract and drum this powwow.If you have any more questions wind in hair I will be glad to answer them if I can.
                          50 years ago you rarely seen mixed nations in the same dance cirle or sitting on each others drums,shareing family stories.There is a man out west that ive never seen or met but he calls one night at my sisters over christmas and gifts us with these stories,stories unlike any ive heard and I wanted to learn them,50 years ago he may have said no but he said he would teach them to me.Things like that is what seperates us as human beings from the rest of the world,Those actions is what makes us brothers and sisters.just something to think about!
                          peace
                          good words...says alot about the person you are...
                          sigpic
                          TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

                          (and no,this isnt zeek)

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            It looks like a Final Resolution is going down

                            I did some more checking on this situation. The powwow comittee has resolved most of their problems. They have removed the offending partys from the powwow comittee. The drum is now happy with the results that the powwow has done to make things right and will drum at the powwow as host. The sound company owners are willing to bring in a nice sound system with more then enough power to handle the powwow. I have talked with many people over this situation and has cost me a lot of time and money on long distance phone calls. I have not contacted the new powwow comittee as of yet. However I have talked to the other people comcerned including the drum, sound company, and elders in the area. All are in agreement to try to make this powwow one of the best in the area.

                            I will take the time to come from ND to see this powwow. I may even dance their circle.

                            I invite all of you to stop in and enjoy.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              eats his popcorn and watches....
                              sigpic
                              TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

                              (and no,this isnt zeek)

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Apology to All Elders and Members of Powwows.com



                                I told myself that I would not come back on here but my spirit will not rest until I say just one more thing:

                                To all the Elders and the members of powwows.com; I wish to make a very humble apology for bothering you with a problem that was decided and I thought settled. I was wrong to bring this into the open for all to see.

                                To Jim Standingbear and the wolfcreek singers: I did not intend to make you look bad - I was only trying to explain that our money was short and we could not afford what you were asking. At the time the contract was signed; I did not know that we did not have the support of the local businesses. So therefore I humbly ask that given the stress I have been under with my husband's lung cancer that I and my husband be forgiven.

                                I have caused much harm for our community and that was not my intention. I stepped down from the pow wow committee for the benefit of all concerned. But to be banded from a pow wow that I have spent months putting together and much of my own funds in doing so is wrong.

                                I hope that everyone here will accept this apology in the spirit it is given. You will no longer be bothered by myself on this or any other pow wow. AHO!

                                Comment

                                Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                                Loading...

                                Trending

                                Collapse

                                There are no results that meet this criteria.

                                Working...
                                X