anyone goin to IWASIL powwow in seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone goin to IWASIL powwow in seattle

i just wanna know is gonna be like tacoma dome? have they changed thier game this year?

12th Annual Iwasil Celebration Powwow

03/31/2006 to 04/02/2006

Magnussen Park (Old Sand Point NAS)
    7400 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115

Host Drum:
    Blacklodge, Eyahey Nakoda, Perfect Storm and White Eagle

MC: Vince Beyl. Arena Director: Terry Fiddler, Jonathan Windyboy, Fred Ike, Everett White.

General Information:
    Powwow Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 31st Annual NW Indian Youth Conference follows at the Seattle Center. ** Admission: $8.00 (weekend pass) **

Dance Contest: Golden Age & 7 Adult Categories $500/$300/$200. Teens $300/$200/$100. Juniors $150/$100/$50.

Specials: Honor Contest by Cree Warriors Pistol Bullet. Plus other specials.

IWASIL Boys & Girls Club 206-325-3942

Additional Contact Information: Website: www.iwasil.org.

Comment

jammin at iwasil.......

hey we (eya-hey nakoda) gonna jam and enjoy the pow-wow .... and not wory about anything..... as long as we sing...

Comment

just muh .02

It's gonna be an Awesome PW!...I know the whole thing @ the tacoma dome thing sucked, but as far as i'm concerned its the past. PLUS its usually to benifit the youth. To instill a sense of pride for these young people in the city, who may or may not get to be around others like themselves. I also know that alot of the focus @ Tacoma dome was to get the "Native Vote"...which, I know alotta folks would say DOESNT belong at a PW but in these Very troubled times its Not enuff to sit around and complain about things...we gotta get to action, and the Easiest, most simple way is to vote. "Which I did.".......Plus I happen to know that Adrian Verzola is BACK with Iwasil, so thats really kool! I know Iwasil will get back on its feet, and folks who don't want anything to do with Iwasil have plenty of options...like Billings, or Pahlootspu over @ Wazzu. It's pretty kool that the original arena directors have returned as well as these WORLD champ drums as well...So I'm lookin VERY forward to it.
        "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."

Comment

All the other years of Iwasil were jammin pow-wows man. I would go and check it out...buuuuuuuuut there is going to be a good one in my own back yard down at Pullman.

But hey, if you go to Iwasil, have fun, sounds like it will rock.
          It is so sad that a family can torn apart by something as simple as a wild pack of dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dat1NdnGuy
            It's gonna be an Awesome PW!...I know the whole thing @ the tacoma dome thing sucked, but as far as i'm concerned its the past. PLUS its usually to benifit the youth. To instill a sense of pride for these young people in the city, who may or may not get to be around others like themselves. I also know that alot of the focus @ Tacoma dome was to get the "Native Vote"...which, I know alotta folks would say DOESNT belong at a PW but in these Very troubled times its Not enuff to sit around and complain about things...we gotta get to action, and the Easiest, most simple way is to vote. "Which I did.".......Plus I happen to know that Adrian Verzola is BACK with Iwasil, so thats really kool! I know Iwasil will get back on its feet, and folks who don't want anything to do with Iwasil have plenty of options...like Billings, or Pahlootspu over @ Wazzu. It's pretty kool that the original arena directors have returned as well as these WORLD champ drums as well...So I'm lookin VERY forward to it.
            The powwow is gonna be good!!!!! Can't wait till this one!! YAY ADRIAN! He back now!! All the host drums are good singers too...so cant wait for that!! Imma have fun over derr :)

Comment

Comment

it gameday

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.